Canada - Toronto LE beef up patrols after receiving'unconfirmed' info.12 July 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sometimes I wish I was a fly in government buildings. I’m noisy like that. Haha.

What do they all know?!!!

I know right. :)

In the US a few years or so ago there was public outcry from privacy advocates about how much phone monitoring of the regular public was being done.

It turned out that under the guise of the National Security the US government was allegedly monitoring everyone's phone calls.

Edward Snowden was one of the whistle blowers about the program.

There was a whole very large building and tons of federal employees involved and I am very sure they used some very sofisticated software. Lots of people were upset about it because they claimed LE was abusing the power and not only looking for terrorists but also going after other less important illegal behaviors.

Here is a link that describes how some of it is done. Scary to think about. I dont mind it so long as they really target just bad criminals.

How the NSA is tracking people right now

Sometimes I wish I was a fly in government buildings. I’m noisy like that. Haha.

What do they all know?!!!

Trust me you don’t want to know how many threats intelligence services are monitoring you would be a nervous wreck and want to live in an underground bunker.

Here in the U.K. we have a GCHQ building in London with hundreds of government employees monitoring terrorist threats and they have admitted they don’t have the resources to monitor them all and can only prioritise the serious ones.

I’m so glad this attack was thwarted. I am very worried about Bastille Day in France on Saturday after what happened in Nice. I just hope there is major security everywhere.

Trust me you don’t want to know how many threats intelligence services are monitoring you would be a nervous wreck and want to live in an underground bunker.

Here in the U.K. we have a GCHQ building in London with hundreds of government employees monitoring terrorist threats and they have admitted they don’t have the resources to monitor them all and can only prioritise the serious ones.

I’m so glad this attack was thwarted. I am very worried about Bastille Day in France on Saturday after what happened in Nice. I just hope there is major security everywhere.
Not sure that any possible threat of an attack was thwarted as nobody has been arrested that we know of, but glad that an awareness has been raised and the large show of LE may help to discourage any threats that may still exist.
" Forewarned is forearmed"!
imo, speculation
'Potential risk to public safety' prompts police to deploy more officers downtown
Updated July 12, 2018 6:12PM
"York Regional Police confirmed officers were patrolling Canada’s Wonderland and multiple other unidentified locations on Thursday.

The Toronto police bulletin to officers stated that they have no information on the identity of the perpetrators or if they are affiliated with a known extremist group.

“There is no information on the nature of this threat, tactics employed by extremists have included the use of vehicles, small arms, knives and/or explosives,” the bulletin read.

“Intelligence Services — Security Section is continuing to liaise with partner agencies and at this time there is no corroborating information that validates this threat. Tourist centres, areas of large public gatherings, and critical infrastructure remain as vulnerable targets for terrorist/extremist groups and their sympathizers who wish to stage high-profile attacks."

Not sure that any possible threat of an attack was thwarted as nobody has been arrested that we know of, but glad that an awareness has been raised and the large show of LE may help to discourage any threats that may still exist.
" Forewarned is forearmed"!
imo, speculation
'Potential risk to public safety' prompts police to deploy more officers downtown
Updated July 12, 2018 6:12PM
"York Regional Police confirmed officers were patrolling Canada’s Wonderland and multiple other unidentified locations on Thursday.

The Toronto police bulletin to officers stated that they have no information on the identity of the perpetrators or if they are affiliated with a known extremist group.

“There is no information on the nature of this threat, tactics employed by extremists have included the use of vehicles, small arms, knives and/or explosives,” the bulletin read.

“Intelligence Services — Security Section is continuing to liaise with partner agencies and at this time there is no corroborating information that validates this threat. Tourist centres, areas of large public gatherings, and critical infrastructure remain as vulnerable targets for terrorist/extremist groups and their sympathizers who wish to stage high-profile attacks."

Thank you apologies I misunderstood the situation.

Have they put any concrete barriers at the sites to protect people from truck attacks?

Imo, it's worth mentioning what happened just prior to this 'threat' alert in Toronto.

Sgt. Mark Hayward’s letter, which was emailed on Thursday and is being applauded by fellow officers across the service, expresses the frustration of frontline cops and blames the mayor for the increased gun violence in Toronto that has seen bodies drop at a record pace.

“I feel you are a direct contributor to this violence with your stance and support on the cancellation of the TAVIS program,” Hayward writes. “You flip-flopped on carding and supported its demise. You forced budget and staffing cuts on the Toronto Police.”

- 7 July 2018
DEAR JOHN LETTER: Toronto cop blames mayor for gun violence ‘crisis’

“Politicians like yourself are quick to make cuts when all is ‘good’ and you figure we don’t need as much policing,” Hayward wrote in his letter. “The peace and safety you enjoy is because of the efforts of the police.”

- 10 July 2018
Toronto cops support fellow officer’s ‘Dear John’ letter

Toronto police modernization faces pushback from the front line

- 13 July 2018
Toronto police modernization faces pushback from the front line | The Star

So Toronto cops are publicly voicing how unhappy they are, once again, and during the public back and forth the city receives some sort of vague threat that cannot be talked about by Toronto police. Then it all fizzles out like it never happened. Jmo.

TPS member suspended after probe opened into information leak around possible threat
July 17, 2018
"A Toronto Police officer has been suspended with pay in connection with information that was “unofficially shared” last week as police dealt with a potential threat against the city.

“Last Thursday, we became aware of information that was unofficially shared by a member of the Service with our private sector partners,” Toronto police spokesperson Meaghan Gray said in a statement. “A Professional Standards investigation was started, a member was identified, and that member has been suspended with pay pending the outcome of the investigation.”

Gray also said that police have opened a separate professional standards investigation into the unauthorized release of a draft, unapproved operational plan to the media."
The information leaks came as police bolstered their presence in the downtown core in response to what officials described as “a potential risk to public safety.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NurseInvestigator
Back