CANADA Canada- Ying ZHANG, 57, last seen @ a wellness centre, Markham, ON 25 July 2024. *Suspicious circumstances'*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score
1722105789690.png
July 27, 2024
''Investigators with the York Regional Police Homicide Unit are seeking public assistance after a Markham woman has gone missing under suspicious circumstances.
On Thursday, July 25, 2024, at approximately 5:30 p.m., officers responded to a missing person call at a wellness centre in the area of Woodbine Avenue and Steel Case Road in the City of Markham.
Ying ZHANG was last seen at the wellness centre at approximately 10:40 a.m. Her family contacted police after she failed to return home from her work.
Police and Ying’s family are concerned for her well being. This is out of character for her and the circumstances surrounding her disappearance are being treated as suspicious.
Missing:
· Ying ZHANG, 57, of Markham
· Female
· Chinese
· 5’7”
· Medium build
· Straight, shoulder-length, black and grey hair

· Last seen wearing blue scrubs and a jade bracelet on her left hand
Investigators would like to hear from anyone in the area at the time and from anyone with information about this incident.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Homicide Unit at 1-866-876-5423 ext. 7865, or email at homicide@yrp.ca, or call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS, or leave an anonymous tip online at www.1800222tips.com.''

Photo of Markham woman Ying Zhang

York region investigators say Ying Zhang was last seen at a wellness centre in the area of Woodbine Avenue and Steel Case Road around 10:40 a.m. on July 25. Her family contacted police after she failed to return home from work that day.

It looks like the date in the title is wrong. It should be 2024 instead of 2023.

I also wonder what they mean by wellness centre. Looking on Google maps, I don’t see anything called a wellness centre in that area. There is a chiropractor and a physiotherapist, lots of restaurants. It would be helpful if they were more specific exactly where she was last seen.

So many unanswered questions.

Does she work at the “wellness centre”?

She was wearing scrubs, so is she somehow involved in patient care? What is her profession?

She was seen at the centre at 10:40 am. If she does work there, where did she go after that? Early lunch break, and never returned?

Is her car missing?

What happens when they ping her phone?

Security cameras at the wellness centre capture anything?

Wish we had more to go on. I hope she turns up ok!

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

What is her profession? All I've seen is that she was last seen wearing scrubs.

jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

Really, really disturbing and disappointing at Websleuths to read posts based on nothing but wild speculation. They have been removed, along with responses to them.

Basic sleuthing brings up the following information:

Ying Zhang is a GP and is known or has been known to be affiliated with the Holibalance Wellness Centre in Markham.

LinkedIn

Ontario College of Physicians & Surgeons listing

Dr. Ying Zhang, Markham, ON

Holibalance Wellness Centre

The centre appears to focus on vocational rehabilitation.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

What is her profession? All I've seen is that she was last seen wearing scrubs.

jmo
Following up my own comment, from the profiles posted upthread, Dr. Zhang graduated from the Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry in 2004. The school is located in London, Ontario.

From wikipedia about the school:
"The school emphasizes a patient-centered approach to medicine." This fits in with "wellness center" model, imo.

Admission to the school is highly competitive, which indicates to me that Ying Zhang is a well-educated professional and, after 20 years in practice, well-established as well.

What happened??

jmo

MOO

A disgruntled patient or former patient may be in volved in her disappearance perhaps?

Hope she is found soon, and curious to see how this case unfolds. Interesting factors.
What are the “interesting factors”? I just did a really quick search to see if there were any additional news articles about her disappearance and they all seem to have the same “very sparse” comments.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back