CANADA Canada- Ying ZHANG, 57, last seen @ a wellness centre, Toronto (Markham),10:40 a.m, 25 July '23. *'Suspicious circumstances' *

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score
1722105789690.png
July 27, 2024
''Investigators with the York Regional Police Homicide Unit are seeking public assistance after a Markham woman has gone missing under suspicious circumstances.
On Thursday, July 25, 2024, at approximately 5:30 p.m., officers responded to a missing person call at a wellness centre in the area of Woodbine Avenue and Steel Case Road in the City of Markham.
Ying ZHANG was last seen at the wellness centre at approximately 10:40 a.m. Her family contacted police after she failed to return home from her work.
Police and Ying’s family are concerned for her well being. This is out of character for her and the circumstances surrounding her disappearance are being treated as suspicious.
Missing:
· Ying ZHANG, 57, of Markham
· Female
· Chinese
· 5’7”
· Medium build
· Straight, shoulder-length, black and grey hair

· Last seen wearing blue scrubs and a jade bracelet on her left hand
Investigators would like to hear from anyone in the area at the time and from anyone with information about this incident.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Homicide Unit at 1-866-876-5423 ext. 7865, or email at homicide@yrp.ca, or call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS, or leave an anonymous tip online at www.1800222tips.com.''

Photo of Markham woman Ying Zhang

York region investigators say Ying Zhang was last seen at a wellness centre in the area of Woodbine Avenue and Steel Case Road around 10:40 a.m. on July 25. Her family contacted police after she failed to return home from work that day.

It looks like the date in the title is wrong. It should be 2024 instead of 2023.

I also wonder what they mean by wellness centre. Looking on Google maps, I don’t see anything called a wellness centre in that area. There is a chiropractor and a physiotherapist, lots of restaurants. It would be helpful if they were more specific exactly where she was last seen.

It looks like the date in the title is wrong. It should be 2024 instead of 2023.

I also wonder what they mean by wellness centre. Looking on Google maps, I don’t see anything called a wellness centre in that area. There is a chiropractor and a physiotherapist, lots of restaurants. It would be helpful if they were more specific exactly where she was last seen.
MOO: Wellness center means massage parlor. I could be wrong, I hope so.

So many unanswered questions.

Does she work at the “wellness centre”?

She was wearing scrubs, so is she somehow involved in patient care? What is her profession?

She was seen at the centre at 10:40 am. If she does work there, where did she go after that? Early lunch break, and never returned?

Is her car missing?

What happens when they ping her phone?

Security cameras at the wellness centre capture anything?

Wish we had more to go on. I hope she turns up ok!

MOO: Wellness center means massage parlor. I could be wrong, I hope so.
Maybe it's a regional difference, but I've never heard of "wellness center" as another name for massage parlor. A friend of mine is an acupuncturist and works at a wellness center that offers all sorts of services, including massage - but it's not a massage "parlor" iykwim.

When I look at the map, I can see a few places that could be considered a "wellness center," including at least a couple with that specific phrase in the business name.

Specific info about her profession and name of the business where she worked would be helpful - then we would know for sure what kind of business it was and who she might have encountered.

jmo

Maybe it's a regional difference, but I've never heard of "wellness center" as another name for massage parlor. A friend of mine is an acupuncturist and works at a wellness center that offers all sorts of services, including massage - but it's not a massage "parlor" iykwim.

When I look at the map, I can see a few places that could be considered a "wellness center," including at least a couple with that specific phrase in the business name.

Specific info about her profession and name of the business where she worked would be helpful - then we would know for sure what kind of business it was and who she might have encountered.

jmo
I’m from the American Northeast and the American South. MOO: Her professional field is one that is rife with malfeasance. MOO: I pray her profession, be it acupuncture or massage or something else, had nothing to do with her disappearance. MOO: I will be surprised in a growth sense if that is the case.

I’m from the American Northeast and the American South. MOO: Her professional field is one that is rife with malfeasance. MOO: I pray her profession, be it acupuncture or massage or something else, had nothing to do with her disappearance. MOO: I will be surprised in a growth sense if that is the case.
What is her profession? All I've seen is that she was last seen wearing scrubs.

jmo

Yes, that is the definition I am familiar with too.

jmo
I have been looking for work and do not live too far from the area. I have the same understanding that a wellness centre tends to be chiropractor, physiotherapy and other regulated professions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back