Canadian hostage, wife & children freed from Afghanistan, Oct 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:welcome: jafr22...if you haven’t been welcomed already.

Great Post! This jumped out at me...

“There's something really wrong when most of us feel that the Taliban is a more reliable source of information than their hostages.”

So true! And how sad is that?!

Based on what has been said by those who knew Boyle long before he even married Ms al Qaeda, he definitely had some kind of disorder involving arrogance and manipulation. It can be seen in the quote early in the thread from a forum he was on. It can be seen in what he wrote on Wikipedia when he nominated himself to be an administrator.

I’ve always thought the word “hubris” describes people like Boyle so well.

http://www.definitions.net/definition/hubris

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hubris

Of course, Boyle must have been secretly embedded in the Provincial Reconstruction Forces. Or something. Because he wouldn't be either driving or passenger in a PRF vehicle otherwise, right? Because it's USAID and United States/Canadian military collaboration. A very formal deal. Provincial Reconstruction Forces are the ones who notified governments that Boyle and Coleman were missing. Right away. Within hours. But if he wasn't driving the car they were snatched from, what happened to the driver?
And why did PRF allow a visibly pregnant woman to drive down that highway?

Of course, Boyle must have been secretly embedded in the Provincial Reconstruction Forces. Or something. Because he wouldn't be either driving or passenger in a PRF vehicle otherwise, right? Because it's USAID and United States/Canadian military collaboration. A very formal deal. Provincial Reconstruction Forces are the ones who notified governments that Boyle and Coleman were missing. Right away. Within hours. But if he wasn't driving the car they were snatched from, what happened to the driver?
And why did PRF allow a visibly pregnant woman to drive down that highway?

I never read that the families were immediately notified that Boyle and Coleman were missing. That's interesting and also about the families being notified by PRF. I tried to google this, but couldn't find info. Can anyone else find more info on this?

I never read that the families were immediately notified that Boyle and Coleman were missing. That's interesting and also about the families being notified by PRF. I tried to google this, but couldn't find info. Can anyone else find more info on this?

No. I haven't found anything. I've never heard they were kidnapped while traveling by car either. Hmmm. Fire Dragon, I'd be fascinated to read what the source you've found.

Firedragon may know information that wasn't released to the public. (I say that respectfully.)

I personally think Boyle has several personality disorders and wouldn't be able to maintain employment anywhere for very long. I doubt he was working for the PRF. His employment history was pitiful before he took his pregnant wife to the Earth's most dangerous place to go hiking.

SABBM

:gaah: ..... :hilarious: .... :floorlaugh:

Just feeling he thinks he's pretty important !!!
Imo.

Sorry... it's getting late here and I'm waiting for my Key Lime pie to finish baking -- bringing it to my son's house later tomorrow .
Very O/T, your name fascinates me. My maiden name was Kyne and yours keeps jumping out at me! And then you mention Key Lime Pie, which is our families go to pie! Sorry, carry on!

What is the evidence that he was either driving or a passenger in a PRF vehicle? Other Central Asian rumours have them entering the area on foot or even at one point on bicycles. With all respect to Firedragon, I suspect that this is a massive red herring or misunderstanding. My apologies if I'm missing something.

What is the evidence that he was either driving or a passenger in a PRF vehicle? Other Central Asian rumours have them entering the area on foot or even at one point on bicycles. With all respect to Firedragon, I suspect that this is a massive red herring or misunderstanding. My apologies if I'm missing something.

I wasn’t able to find anything regarding a PRF vehicle, or Boyle and PRF in the same article for that matter.

I did find this article from when they were first kidnapped which mentions they were kidnapped while traveling in a vehicle. I hadn’t heard that before. Idk how credible the source is.

http://o.canada.com/news/ottawa-probes-report-canadian-kidnapped-in-afghanistan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never read that the families were immediately notified that Boyle and Coleman were missing. That's interesting and also about the families being notified by PRF.

Provincial Reconstruction Forces are the ones who notified governments that Boyle and Coleman were missing. No idea who notified families. Afghanistan and Pakistan news reported they were kidnapped Wednesday, 10 Oct. Coleman was listed by FBI as missing on 10 October.

It was international news. Varying reports. One said they were on their way from eastern Ghazni province to Kabul. Another said Kabul to Wardak. Shashgaw area on the Kabul-Ghazni highway. They lost contact with them in the Kampany area at the outskirts of Kabul. A Taliban commander in Syedabad confirmed the abduction.

The Wardak (25 miles west of Kabul) and Jawzjan Provincial Reconstruction Teams (PRT) were run by Turkish Armed Forces with a civilian coordinator assigned by the Turkish Foreign Ministry. 2009-2013. Different than other PRTs, non-combatant role, broad acceptance with Afghanis.
https://www.nato.int/isaf/structure/regional_command/index.html

The bicycle story is confusion and misunderstanding about the man who blogged about meeting them. That guy was a cyclist, as was the other American woman who was travelling with him. He didn't take his bicycle on his Afghanistan jaunt.

Very O/T, your name fascinates me. My maiden name was Kyne and yours keeps jumping out at me! And then you mention Key Lime Pie, which is our families go to pie! Sorry, carry on!

RSBM

I've been a long time fan of Frank Herbert's "Dune" series.
The Liet Kynes character was a planetologist who studied the Fremen planet, and envisioned a different future for Arrakis.
Herbert's sci-fi novels are fascinating. Imo.

I didn't realize Kyne was an actual surname. :)

The Key Lime is a dessert my son thinks his mom makes the best . :p

Provincial Reconstruction Forces are the ones who notified governments that Boyle and Coleman were missing. No idea who notified families. Afghanistan and Pakistan news reported they were kidnapped Wednesday, 10 Oct. Coleman was listed by FBI as missing on 10 October.

It was international news. Varying reports. One said they were on their way from eastern Ghazni province to Kabul. Another said Kabul to Wardak. Shashgaw area on the Kabul-Ghazni highway. They lost contact with them in the Kampany area at the outskirts of Kabul. A Taliban commander in Syedabad confirmed the abduction.

The Wardak (25 miles west of Kabul) and Jawzjan Provincial Reconstruction Teams (PRT) were run by Turkish Armed Forces with a civilian coordinator assigned by the Turkish Foreign Ministry. 2009-2013. Different than other PRTs, non-combatant role, broad acceptance with Afghanis.
https://www.nato.int/isaf/structure/regional_command/index.html

Can you provide the source for them driving Or being passengers in a PRT vehicle? I’m really lost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boyle routinely emailed the Toronto Sun reporter for years. She wrote a book about Omar Khadr, Guantanamo's Child. It appears that Boyle was attempting to establish himself as a travel writer and foreign correspondent journalist.

Boyle routinely emailed the Toronto Sun reporter for years. She wrote a book about Omar Khadr, Guantanamo's Child. It appears that Boyle was attempting to establish himself as a travel writer and foreign correspondent journalist.
Speculation is that he was trying to set them up in the expat community in Kabul. Contractors, aid workers, journalists and others. That they were planning to stay if it worked out, that they would deal with expired visas, giving birth and a new baby, etc. on the fly. Very glamourous, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and all that. Boyle had the inside track (or thought he did) to access the Taliban for interviews. Not so he could be a terrorist, but so he could write a book.

Fire Dragon, thank you very much for the links

I was quickly reading the articles

What stood out to me from the 6 articles, (that I did not know and I will have to go back and reread JB's statements too)

1) They were in contact with a Provincial Reconstruction Team?

2) The articles say they were in Southern Afghanistan driving to Kabul along the Ghazni-Kabul highway and were abducted near Sayad Abad district (I thought they entered Afghanistan from the north from one of the other 'Stan' countries, unless they entered via Pakistan. I don't remember)

3) Was there a driver? I thought I read somewhere that there was, but I can't find that article.

3) The pair were planning on heading west from Kabul into parts of Wardak province that are known to be very volatile

4) Local (unnamed) residents said the kidnapped pair were an American woman and a Canadian man. How did locals know the country of origin of the 2 people kidnapped? I could see reports say 2 Westerners, but to be that specific is IMO unusual.

Thank You once again for the links.

An article from The Toronto Star that I found today

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/...apped_in_afghanistan_along_with_american.html
Canadian kidnapped in Afghanistan along with American. OCT 13, 2012

Police were first told the pair were travelling from Kabul, but after a day of searching, the information was changed to say they went missing en route to Kabul from Ghazni, in an area notorious for Taliban attacks and checkpoints, the colonel said.

Local tribal elder Gul Rahman said he had heard two foreign nationals were missing in his province and expressed surprise that civilians would travel by road in such a dangerous region.

“We don’t know why they were travelling despite the heavy threats and insecurity of the area, as it is even too dangerous for locals to travel on their own, let alone them,” he told the Star.

Police don’t know if the abducted foreigners were alone in their vehicle or if they were travelling with an Afghan driver or interpreter, Baqizoi said

All I'm picking up, from some but not all of these sources you quote, is that Boyle & Coleman were said to have been picked up whilst travelling "in a car". How does this get us to having him driving, or being in a PRT vehicle? Apologies if I am missing something again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper