• Death Penalty is Appropriate in This Case

Votes: 184 50.4%
  • Life in Prison is Appropriate in This Case

Votes: 181 49.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like DP, but I think it might put off some of the jurors.
I sense that she has been getting preferential treatment and if she gets life, she may gets some extras that others wouldn't get. I think she will be mad that she can't go out partying or to chili cookouts at moms house.

Strange that Baby Graces' mom didn't get DP. Maybe they thought the jury wouldn't go for it, but she definitely deserves it.

I voted YES, on DP. They don't do it overnight. I want her to sit there sweating it out knowing that sooner or later they will come and get her and tell her to roll up her sleeve!!

I think the DP. I am for a deal that would allow her to come clean, tell the whole truth of what happened in exchange for LWOP. And I do mean WITHOUT PAROLE!

How long is the normal wait on death row in FL?

I voted DP simply because I know how many of you Americans don't want to be supporting this TRASH for the remainder of her life. Should she LWOP I want to move there and apply for job as prison guard!!!! I already know that I'm not allowed to list all of the reasons for that - but ya'all can go ahead and use your wsimaginations I'm sure:rolleyes::rolleyes::):)

BYW, when, if ever will evil Casey be put into general pop? I have to get my application into OCSD before that for SURE!!!!!!!!!!1

How long is the normal wait on death row in FL?
I believe someone here wrote that it takes about 13 years. To those that think Casey will ever be in general population, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that will never happen. Hers is a very high profile case, and the prison is responsible for her well being until she's released or deceased.

Protection From Assault

The Eighth Amendment requires prison officials to protect prisoners from violence at the hands of other prisoners. Farmer v. Brennan, 511 U.S. 825, 833 (1994). "Being violently assaulted in prison is simply not part of the penalty that criminal offenders pay for their offenses against society." Id. at 834.

* Failure to protect claims are governed by the deliberate indifference standard. See, e.g., Cottone v. Jenne, 326 F.3d 1352 (11th Cir. 2003) (failure to monitor prisoner known to be violent is deliberate indifference); Peate v. McCann, 294 F.3d 879 (7th Cir. 2002) (plaintiff attacked twice by the same prisoner); Cantu v. Jones, 293 F.3d 839 (5th Cir. 2002) (guards allowed prisoner out of his cell to attack another prisoner); Horton v. Cockrell, 70 F.3d 397 (5th Cir. 1995) (staff failed to protect prisoner from attack despite his grievances requesting protection); Skinner v. Uphoff, 234 F.Supp.2d 1208 (D.Wyo. 2002) (de facto policy of failing to investigate assaults constitutes deliberate indifference).
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/2/death-penalty-for-casey-marie-anthony

I believe if this case can be proved beyond a shadow of a doubt to be premeditated,I believe the Death Penalty should be put on the table.

There are many things about the Death Penalty I do not like. I do not like the cost to the taxpayers for appeals, we are talking MILLIONS of Dollars. The appeal process seems to go on forever and those on Death Row really seem to get such specialized treatment. It also means excessive hardship for family & friends having to go over everything over and over again, so there really truly is no closure. Even up to the bitter end, waiting to see if there was a Stay of Execution from the Governor is horrendous on a family waiting for Justice.

Look at the pain caused to the victims' family in other cases like Terri Winchell of Lodi, California. I think they are still waiting on Morales' execution and he killed Terri in 1981!

If Florida is anything at all like California, Casey would die of natural causes at a ripe old age before they got around to executing her.

The appeal process for DP is really truly hard on everyone involved (except the prisoner, I think.) It also means new clothes for Casey, her getting back into the public eye, and DP cases with the appeal process really does not give closure, until the execution happens, which often times never seems to happen.

There will be millions of tax dollars spent, and with the DP system in the US as it stands, it would be cheaper and more torterous to Casey her to give her LWOP.

I believe she premeditated it, so I voted DP, but LWOP without her being able to do the non-stop appeal thing would be best.

I don't think they are going to start speeding up the way DP cases are handled, because of the many that have been found innocent after they have been on Death Row for a long time.

I believe someone here wrote that it takes about 13 years. To those that think Casey will ever be in general population, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that will never happen. Hers is a very high profile case, and the prison is responsible for her well being until she's released or deceased.

Protection From Assault

The Eighth Amendment requires prison officials to protect prisoners from violence at the hands of other prisoners. Farmer v. Brennan, 511 U.S. 825, 833 (1994). "Being violently assaulted in prison is simply not part of the penalty that criminal offenders pay for their offenses against society." Id. at 834.

respectfully snipped and BOLD by me....

Gee, it's too bad that there wasn't a ninth amendment that states that "A Mother Is Not Allowed To Kill Her Baby":mad:

I voted YES, on DP. They don't do it overnight. I want her to sit there sweating it out knowing that sooner or later they will come and get her and tell her to roll up her sleeve!!

EXACTLY! I voted yes also! We need the DP on the table and maybe more children will not be thrown away like trash! We must scare the killers so they will stop.

I voted DP simply because I know how many of you Americans don't want to be supporting this TRASH for the remainder of her life. Should she LWOP I want to move there and apply for job as prison guard!!!! I already know that I'm not allowed to list all of the reasons for that - but ya'all can go ahead and use your wsimaginations I'm sure:rolleyes::rolleyes::):)

BYW, when, if ever will evil Casey be put into general pop? I have to get my application into OCSD before that for SURE!!!!!!!!!!1

It would be cheaper if she got LWOP than if she got the Death Penalty by Millions of dollars actually.

It would be cheaper if she got LWOP than if she got the Death Penalty by Millions of dollars actually.

Unlucky. I relish the thought at not having to watch her, with MUCH disdain, anger and disgust might I add, ever again.:mad:

Putting everything aside, such as the possibility of the DP being on the table risking the State's case, ignoring all what ifs and arugments, and everything that is sure to be discussed at length in this thread...

If this evil monster doesn't deserve the death penalty for what she has done to her child, her innocent, precious baby, then I don't know who does.

I voted yes only because I believe that this is the only thing that might make Casey talk. I truly think that her Chameleon (sp) personality will adapt to prison and it won't be so bad for her. She won't have to work, can lay around all day and seek attention from the guards. if she has the DP hanging over her head it will #1 cause her mental grief (which she so deserves) and #2 maybe, maybe she'll confess because with her narcissistic (sp) personality she'll freak thinking that she could actually be killed.

Great post. ITA

I voted DP for one reason only Susan Smith.
She not only is getting her education in prison,she has a personal ad posted looking for a man, and she contracted a STD in prison by having sex with a guard. She has adjusted well to prison: I will have to go POSTAL if I see this 10 years after KC's sentence.

During my spare time, I enjoy reading, working puzzles, and writing.
"I love rainbows, Mickey Mouse, the beach, the mountains, and waterfalls.
"My favorite color is navy blue and my favorite flower is the daisy.
"I am a Christian and I enjoy attending church.
"I consider myself to be sensitive, caring, and kind-hearted.
"I'm currently serving a life sentence on the charge of murder. I have grown and matured a lot since my incarceration, but I will always hurt for the pain I´ve caused so many, especially my children.
"I hope to receive letters from those who are not judgmental and who are sincere.
"I look forward to hearing from new people and, hopefully, finding new friends.
"May God bless each one of you!
"Please Write Me At:

Susan Smith, Prisoner #221487
Leath Correctional Institution
2809 Airport Rd.
Greenwood SC 29649

Great to see you, dc! And holy cow --- this should convince anyone!

I would like DP, but I think it might put off some of the jurors.
I sense that she has been getting preferential treatment and if she gets life, she may gets some extras that others wouldn't get. I think she will be mad that she can't go out partying or to chili cookouts at moms house.

Strange that Baby Graces' mom didn't get DP. Maybe they thought the jury wouldn't go for it, but she definitely deserves it.

Yeah, that whole chili thing may be what's holding up poor little Caylee's funeral, imo. KC won't release remains 'cos she can't go to "party."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bridgetraiann