Carl Joseph Walker-Hoover, age 11, commits suicide

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
oh the poor boy and the family...I can't even imagine...Rip...now off to pick my son up from daycare early for some mom and kid time....

JUST on HLN - Mike Galanos announces another 11 yr old boy hanged himself! Reportedly, the young boy was also being bullied!! He told his mother he was just so tired of those kids picking on him and making life miserable.

MODS - Perhaps, (sadly), we should have a separate thread for Bullying in the Schools. ???

Jaheem Hererra - I believe this is the name of the young boy. (I may not have the spelling right.)

JUST on HLN - Mike Galanos announces another 11 yr old boy hanged himself! Reportedly, the young boy was also being bullied!! He told his mother he was just so tired of those kids picking on him and making life miserable.

MODS - Perhaps, (sadly), we should have a separate thread for Bullying in the Schools. ???

Jaheem Hererra - I believe this is the name of the young boy. (I may not have the spelling right.)

That happened here in Atlanta - in Dekalb County, where I used to live. Here is a link: http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/me...catur.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab&imw=Y

I can't believe those administrators and their stupidity. I am glad your son has you to back him up. When my mother called the school because I was being tormented daily she was told "Oh, well, an overweight child will always be picked on." I can't tell you how often I contemplated suicide at the thought of having to go to school the next day. Instead I ended up in the hospital with bleeding ulcers. I think bullying should be considered assault and bullies should be taken in front of a tribunal and dealt with. It is a brutal thing to do to a child. I still get upset thinking about it and it has been 30 years.

That is awful!! I'm so sorry you went through that. :blowkiss: It seems there are way too many stories like this. If a parent does speak up then you hear (as was mentioned on another thread here) that they are just "hover" parents who are raising babies. :( I think a lot of kids are bullied in a sense at their home by dad, stepdad, gpa, siblings, etc... and told to not be a sissy. I know I've seen that. They are taught that bullying is okay. The problem really starts at home IMO.

I have told my son if someone picks on him or laughs at him, it is kind of a natural reaction to then want to laugh at someone or pick on someone else later (with friends, for example). So knowing this, I tell him to make sure he doesn't do it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back