Cases possibly of interest for the LISK case

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am hearing a lot of rumors swirling about. At least one other high ranking cop now involved in this case may be wearing handcuffs in the coming future.

Keep us updated on these new developments, Long Islanders!

Hawkshaw, I give you alot of credit! I read all your fascinating posts but never comment because I'm not from LI and am not familiar with the politics there. I do live on a small island off the coast of NC and we have our share of scandals in these parts but nothing like the things you've described.

OT sort of... A few years back I noticed our town police boat cruising the waterway by my house more often than usual. The married male chief drove the boat while the single female head lifeguard was laying out on the bow and I thought hmmm. Sho nuff small town scandal ensued. I always find it best to listen to the locals on WS. It paints a picture for those of us who don't live in the area where the crimes are commited. Thanks!

I am wondering if this will hurt Bellone in next week's election for county executive. Some local political types I know are saying this could be a big blow to his re-election chances, and if he loses we will almost certainly have a new police commissioner.

Oh I certainly hope so!!!

I am wondering if this will hurt Bellone in next week's election for county executive. Some local political types I know are saying this could be a big blow to his re-election chances, and if he loses we will almost certainly have a new police commissioner.

I don't think it's a coincidence that this is happening now. Just as I don't think what your going to hear in the next few weeks isn't strategically planned time wise. Pandora's box is opening, let's see what comes out.

Oh I certainly hope so!!!
His opponent (Jim O'Connor) is sending out pamphlets in the mail almost every day. That said I doubt he will be able to pull off an upset but the chance is still there. If you remember though, Rob Astorino won Suffolk County last November (albeit barely) and Kennedy pulled off a huge upset to win the county comptroller election.

I don't think it's a coincidence that this is happening now. Just as I don't think what your going to hear in the next few weeks isn't strategically planned time wise. Pandora's box is opening, let's see what comes out.

Oh Chris, you're always a few steps ahead! :great:

Any chance the FBI will called in now to the LISK case with the resignation. I have felt for some time now that JB did not want the FBI poking around I'm the case in case they found something else out.

Mystery, the families should tell the Feds to step in. It will be five years and nothing has been done. It happens in alot of cases. Someone else steps in and they find things that were overlooked or ignored.

Mystery, the families should tell the Feds to step in. It will be five years and nothing has been done. It happens in alot of cases. Someone else steps in and they find things that were overlooked or ignored.

I completely agree. Hopefully they will request it. We need fresh detectives looking at everything.

They tell me the new Chief of Department is a pretty straight shooter. I am assuming his nomination to the top spot is welcome by the rank and file, excluding the PBA.

Is anyone familiar with any SK cases that benefitted from a change in the top cop? I hope and pray that something changes with this case.

Dee Dee,Does the family wield that kind of power?

Is anyone familiar with any SK cases that benefitted from a change in the top cop? I hope and pray that something changes with this case.
I hope so too. I do wonder if KO new the killer? Not as a client. Maybe a friend of hers and the father of some of her children. They lived together on LI. She hung around with DS before and after Amber came to town. Six degrees of seperation.

I hope so too. I do wonder if KO new the killer? Not as a client. Maybe a friend of hers and the father of some of her children. They lived together on LI. She hung around with DS before and after Amber came to town. Six degrees of seperation.
I pray that Kim gets her life on track. Does anyone know how she is doing?

KO is mostly off the grid. This case might be closer to home than she thinks.

http://www.pressherald.com/2015/11/...tion-to-unsolved-murder-of-scarborough-woman/

The arrest of a New York man this week in Portland is bringing renewed attention to the unsolved murder of Megan Waterman of Scarborough, whose body was found on a New York shoreline in 2010 along with the bodies of nine other young women.

Akeem Malik Cruz, 26, who went to federal prison for taking Waterman from Maine to prostitute her in New York, was out on probation when he was arrested early Tuesday morning during a traffic stop on Forest Avenue with a 23-year-old Maine woman in the passenger seat of his car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orions