Casey Anthony’s BRACE Character Profile. Valid or Not? ... Poll

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

BRACE Character Profile-valid or not?

• Total BS, not worth the read.

Votes: 15 13.8%
  • Not a complete waste of time, but overall it sort-of stinks and I won't tell my friends about it.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • OK. Probably adequate for some purposes under certain conditions, but inadequate for most purposes.

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Clearly accurate on some major points of interest, but not overall - one thumb up/one thumb down

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • Overall,a good description of obvious characteristics, but not remarkable. Who needs it?

Votes: 12 11.0%
  • Impressive- it was detailed and accurate without direct contact with Casey, family or friends.

Votes: 63 57.8%
  • I want to pay you big bucks to write a book.

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow, so the BRACE guy has her down as a narcisstic psychopath comparable to BTK and Jeffrey Dahmer. That's no suprise, but she's only been once accused of killing one person unlike the serial killers. If correct, anyone she associates with could be in grave danger. I disagree that she's suffering from memory regulation, or actually abuses drugs/alcohol though. Maybe this rating helped her come up with the ptsd, dissasociative stuff during the trial. It would be interesting to find out if she really has mild aspergers symptoms, or histrionc instead of just pure narcissism and narcissistic rage at times. It's very humorous to think of her out now and reading things that compare her to old male serial killers, but scary at the same time.

She correlates positively with secretive, manipulative types such as Jeffery Dahmer, John Wayne Gacy and Dennis Lynn Rader= wow....why didnt the jury see or hear about this? although it probably wouldnt have done any good

She correlates positively with secretive, manipulative types such as Jeffery Dahmer, John Wayne Gacy and Dennis Lynn Rader= wow....why didnt the jury see or hear about this? although it probably wouldnt have done any good

from what i've read, these jurors do not keep up with news at all which seemed to be how they ended up on this jury.

Ah, but the jury cannot see or hear words stated as above.^^^ That is called inflammatory and prejudice in Court. Can't be used, new trial would be granted.

I haven't read the Brace Profile, mostly b/c I haven't had the time, and b/c I am just over all things KC. It seems from the comments it would have been better to post the question of what do you think just before the trial or during the trial.

I did not vote as I have not taken the time to read it yet. I hope to get to it this afternoon sometime, that depends on work load.

respectively bbm

Her defense team was also secretuve and manipulative in some ways also.
Guess deceiftfulness payed all for all of them in getting the verdict. IDK..I don"t think KC will be able to change her ways. Way to many enablers in her life getting tangled with her BS. And so the story goes!!

Wow, so the BRACE guy has her down as a narcisstic psychopath comparable to BTK and Jeffrey Dahmer. That's no suprise, but she's only been once accused of killing one person unlike the serial killers. If correct, anyone she associates with could be in grave danger. I disagree that she's suffering from memory regulation, or actually abuses drugs/alcohol though. Maybe this rating helped her come up with the ptsd, dissasociative stuff during the trial. It would be interesting to find out if she really has mild aspergers symptoms, or histrionc instead of just pure narcissism and narcissistic rage at times. It's very humorous to think of her out now and reading things that compare her to old male serial killers, but scary at the same time.

I've never met kc but I highly, HIGHLY doubt she has Asperger's.

I've never met kc but I highly, HIGHLY doubt she has Asperger's.

She doesn't have Asperger's. What this report said is that some symptoms that correlate with other things also correlate with Aspberger's. It's like saying nasal congestion is correlative with the flu. Well yeah, it's also correlative with a cold, and other respiratory ailments. Just because someone has nasal congestion doesn't mean they have the flu.

I personally don't like that Aspberger's was even brought up. I know a boy who has it, and I can't even put him in the same category with Casey. I fail to see why it was necessary to throw that in the first place. Casey does NOT have Aspberger's, no freaking way.

She doesn't have Asperger's. What this report said is that some symptoms that correlate with other things also correlate with Aspberger's. It's like saying nasal congestion is correlative with the flu. Well yeah, it's also correlative with a cold, and other respiratory ailments. Just because someone has nasal congestion doesn't mean they have the flu.

I personally don't like that Aspberger's was even brought up. I know a boy who has it, and I can't even put him in the same category with Casey. I fail to see why it was necessary to throw that in the first place. Casey does NOT have Aspberger's, no freaking way.

Yes, me too and agree - not even close - no way!

Excerpts from the BRACE Character Profile Manual (NOTE: the manual, input form, program to generate the graphics, etc. are available as free downloads at my website)

DSM-III-R [American Psychiatric Association: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Third Edition, Revision. Washington, DC, American Psychiatric Association, 1987] included Sadistic Personality Disorder, a diagnosis which some professionals still find useful. Note that the BRACE Character Profile does not make clinical diagnoses, but it can be correlated with them.

Russell

Shouldn't you be using the current DSM (DSM IV)?

Shouldn't you be using the current DSM (DSM IV)?

The current version is DSM-IV-TR [Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition, Text Revision. Washington, DC, American Psychiatric Association, 2000.], which is the version used ... the DSM-III-R is referenced because it includes Sadistic Personality Disorder; DSM-IV-TR does not.

Russell

The current version is DSM-IV-TR [Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition, Text Revision. Washington, DC, American Psychiatric Association, 2000.], which is the version used ... the DSM-III-R is referenced because it includes Sadistic Personality Disorder; DSM-IV-TR does not.

Russell

In other words, you're referencing an outdated text because it contains something the up-to-date text does not? How does that make any kind of sense? Why try to shoehorn "sadistic personality disorder" into the "profile"?

I always thought that Casey Anthony was more like Diane Downs, Lori Drew, Kayla Narey, or Betty Broderick, the ones who are emotionally volatile, manipulative, narcissistic, and sense of entitlement.

Everybody's a profiler ;). Your work is fine, just fine.. you base your opinions on far more concrete "evidence" then many of us arm chair shrinks and even some of our "pro's". Your disclaimers are constant and right there for everyone to read. "Psychopath and "sociopath" are no longer in the most up to date DSM yet everyone speaks of them as if they exist. Clearly you wanted to compare her with one with Sadistic Personality Disorder (as well as the other dx's you compared her to) as others constantly compare her to a psychopath, which is also no longer in the most up to date DSM.. so you referenced the old DSM that Sadistic Personality Disorder USED to be in. You were being responsible.. that's rare. Kudo's!

I respect the heck out of you, you don't get on here and get in sparring matches and talk about how groups of humans are doomed.. you are trying to make a difference, trying to help come up with a solution.. not all that different than Hare (not to say I agree with everything Hare but he's a heck of a guy!), IMO. You are a true professional in my eyes.

I still have my own opinion though :blowkiss:

BTW, I'm the one who said you should write a book lol

In other words, you're referencing an outdated text because it contains something the up-to-date text does not? How does that make any kind of sense? Why try to shoehorn "sadistic personality disorder" into the "profile"?

Because the games she plays are a tad sadistic? I think he was just considering another possible character trait that matched her actions. It's not in the up to date text but that doesn't mean the quality no longer exists. He considered it as a possibility so he referenced the text it was in, he didn't use the outdated text when considering the entire profile, just that character trait. Much like the term Psychopath is still used even though that term is outdated and no longer referenced in the DSM. moo

Because the games she plays are a tad sadistic? I think he was just considering another possible character trait that matched her actions. It's not in the up to date text but that doesn't mean the quality no longer exists. He considered it as a possibility so he referenced the text it was in, he didn't use the outdated text when considering the entire profile, just that character trait. Much like the term Psychopath is still used even though that term is outdated and no longer referenced in the DSM. moo

Just as a normal person watching her for the past three years. Those jailhouse videos, KC portraying herself as a victum, toying with her mother about KC's gut feeling that "she is close", watching KC in court ignoring her mother even after Mom is seen stretching to catch KC's eye. In appearances you would think KC was punishing her parents for being in the spot she is in. After all that, her Mother doesn't make eye contact with her coming off the stand and KC has a virtual meltdown, "She didn't look at me." Sadistic is probably not a strong enough word for KC. jmo

Antisocial personality disorder is used interchangeably with psychopathy and sociopathy. Antisocial personality disorder is listed in the current DSM.

The DSM - III also had a category of Ego-Dystonic Homosexuality - a person who is homosexually aroused, finds this arousal a persistent source of distress, and wishes to become heterosexual. DSM-III took an inconsistent position: a homosexual is abnormal if he or she has been persuaded by a prejudiced society that his or her sexual orientation is inherently deviant; at the same time, according to DSM-III, homosexuality is not in itself abnormal. So, homosexuality was taken out of the DSM altogether.

The board that revises the DSM spends years to update data and updata criteria. Any outdated version of the DSM should not be used. I think they're cool to have as collectors pieces but they are not to be used in professional work.

Also, sadism is listed in the current dsm. But it is listed under sexual disorders.

I always thought that Casey Anthony was more like Diane Downs, Lori Drew, Kayla Narey, or Betty Broderick, the ones who are emotionally volatile, manipulative, narcissistic, and sense of entitlement.

She may well be. I only compared her to a few individuals in my database. At the time of the analysis, none of the above were in the database. I beleive a third party has since sent me a couple of them, but I'm not sure.

Russell

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back