Casey Anthony Deposition FILED 2.25.2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for YouTube link. Just watched it . Even if that somehow counted as an interview, he never asked her a question. She never said anything specific about Caylee. Was pretending Caylee was still alive, but never said so directly. This can't be what CM is referring to. If so, what a bad joke.

Even if you ignore the truth and say Caylee drowned in the pool, FCA knew that on July 25. Is the legal system so allergic to common sense that this judge is supposed to suspend his knowledge that Caylee was dead before then??

True...and it seems so...
Casey KNEW Caylee was dead..

I wish that "she's sprouting horns" photo was on billboards all over town because I think I'm about to sprout horns myself

:banghead:

Didn't FCA search the name Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez on her computer? Can't remember if it was before the murder or not. Wonder why she wasn't asked about this?

Yes..On July 16, 2008, Someone in the Anthony home conducted searches on the home computer for Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez AFTER Casey made the kidnapping claim.

I don't get the possibility of her being caught for perjury. She never testified.

It seems like her attorney's are saying that there is a lot more to the story that we shouldn't have to tell. I don't understand the ruling at all.

I stand corrected, fbi agent Nick Savage had less on her than I thought... She told him Caylee was still alive, etc...

So, I guess that would mean fca's atty's foresaw a perjury trap being set, or the possibility of one being set, by ZG'S atty's, and therefore invoked the 5th... But, still, if the chick didn't lie every single time she opened her mouth! :banghead: Geesh

Other than that I just dont know...???

All jmo

(Intermezzo.....your memory & knowledge of all these details is awesome).

Reading and writing on this eensy weensy phone screen....missed 2nd you tube, with Nick Savage. That looked more formal than the 1st, but for whole duration of both she had already invoked attorney. She does say explicitly to Savage that she knows Caylee is alive. That must be what CM refers to, because there just isn't anything else. I'm guessing that there doesn't need to be any real threat of feds going after her for perjury in order for her to plead the 5th about whether not Caylee was still alive on July 25.

Even if you ignore the truth and say Caylee drowned in the pool, FCA knew that on July 25. Is the legal system so allergic to common sense that this judge is supposed to suspend his knowledge that Caylee was dead before then??

It's disappointing that so much time and effort in our legal system is devoted to protecting the rights of [modsnip] Casey Anthony....

Why is Mason still hanging on to this <modsnip>? I don't see any money to be made off of her, with writings, or TV appearances...FCA must have something on him to have him stay on the case. He can't really believe in her innocence, can he? He thought she was guilty as sin before he even joined the defense team.

Kinda makes me wonder if there was some kind of 'hanky-panky' going on between FCA and Mason, and she's got him over a barrel, threatening to expose him.

Why is Mason still hanging on to this <modsnip>? I don't see any money to be made off of her, with writings, or TV appearances...FCA must have something on him to have him stay on the case. He can't really believe in her innocence, can he? He thought she was guilty as sin before he even joined the defense team.

Kinda makes me wonder if there was some kind of 'hanky-panky' going on between FCA and Mason, and she's got him over a barrel, threatening to expose him.

I think legal ethics were breeched that could find him & Jose disbarred ... Mason is protecting his own butt more than hers. IMO

Who would ever take Casey Anthony at her word though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anybody know what the sentence could be if there is a federal charge of perjury?
We can hope.....

Wasn't Mason about to retire and just took this case for fun? I wonder if he even cares if he gets disbarred.

Lawyers will have another chance to question Casey Anthony, judge says

TAMPA, Fla. —A Tampa bankruptcy judge said Tuesday that Casey Anthony must answer some questions she refused to answer during a contentious January deposition.
The questions are part of the defamation suit filed by Zenaida Gonzalez, of Kissimmee. Anthony accused a babysitter by the same name of kidnapping her daughter in 2008.
The judge said he will not let Gonzalez's lawyers retry the state's failed murder case, but his ruling does give Gonzalez's lawyers another chance to grill Anthony under oath. The ruling means Casey Anthony will not have to answer some of the toughest questions from a contentious January deposition about her daughter Caylee's 2008 disappearance.
Anthony threatened to walk out of the deposition when asked about Caylee. She did admit she lied about "Zanny the Nanny," but says she was never talking about the Zenaida Gonzalez from Kissimmee who's now suing her for defamation.
The judge's ruling means Gonzalez's lawyers can ask why Anthony never publicly retracted an earlier allegation that a so called "girl in Kissimmee" was responsible for the disappearance. <snip>

Gonzalez's lawyers want to establish Anthony had malicious intent to implicate Gonzalez in July of 2008, while Anthony herself was facing the glare of suspicion over her daughter's disappearance.

Tampa bankruptcy Judge Rodney May said he wants to be available by phone if necessary to order Anthony to answer further questions.
A date for the new deposition has not yet been set.

Does anybody know what the sentence could be if there is a federal charge of perjury?
We can hope.....

It's like a year. IMO

I have a friend that was convicted and she did 11 months in a federal prison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's disappointing that so much time and effort in our legal system is devoted to protecting the rights of scum like Casey Anthony....

Better 10 go free after killing their daughters than 1 innocent convicted? wonder how those 10 children would have felt about that?

I don't believe that CM is hanging in because FCA has anything on him. IMO he is too arrogant to feel threatened by anyone, much less the likes of FCA, an infamous pathological liar.

Bottomline, he's a defense attorney whose job it is to fight for murderers and other scourges of the earth. Even defense attorneys need to sleep at night, though, and I think they do by humming a lullaby of righteousness. As in, how better to drown out the ickiness of helping those with blood on their hands go free than by clinging to the mantle of virtuous defender of the judicial system and constitutional rights?

It wouldn't surprise me if CM feels personally offended that ZG and Kronk and the public refuse to go away. That he views going after FCA as a criticism of his defense of her. Remember Baez saying in the past year that the " one " thing that bothers him is "as a parent, "and that's the fact of Caylee being disposed of like garbage? CM can't even make it that far.

Reality is though, I don't care why CM is still there. I also agree with Judge May that ZG's case shouldnt be used as a solace re- prosecution of FCA's murder trial. What's offensive is that no such thing is happening. You'd think getting it on the record that FCA knew Caylee was dead on July 25 was essential to proving malice. What a farce it would be if FCA is allowed to evade that question because she lied to LE. Talk about getting rewarded for her crimes!

In the article, it also says -

A second motion was to hold Anthony responsible for damages against Gonzalez which would be considered a debt and part of her bankruptcy case. The judge granted the motion and a hearing to depose Anthony on the matter of defamation will be scheduled for a later date.

I'm not sure if I'm understanding this right, but it sounds like even if ZG wins for damages, the amount would still be considered part of the BK debt and therefore be cancelled like the debt for TES because FCA has already been granted the BK. Or, would the award be part of a non-dischargeable debt?

http://www.baynews9.com/content/new...ticles/cfn/2014/3/4/casey_anthony_defama.html

I was going to say, "I just threw up in my mouth," but nope, couldn't hold it in. :sick::sick::sick:

With this depo bringing back all the injustice we felt with the verdict, I think we should make a thread in the Jury room/parling lot to express what things reminds us of these (alledged) criminals. Does any product of service remind you of this stuff?

Casey Anthony....velveeta, Winnie the Pooh, tacos
Cindy Anthony.....febreeze, pizza smell,
Tammy & Sidney Moore .( Healther Elvis ) Disney
Grant Hayes (Laura Ackersen) Skill Reciprocating saw

In the article, it also says -

A second motion was to hold Anthony responsible for damages against Gonzalez which would be considered a debt and part of her bankruptcy case. The judge granted the motion and a hearing to depose Anthony on the matter of defamation will be scheduled for a later date.

I'm not sure if I'm understanding this right, but it sounds like even if ZG wins for damages, the amount would still be considered part of the BK debt and therefore be cancelled like the debt for TES because FCA has already been granted the BK. Or, would the award be part of a non-dischargeable debt?

http://www.baynews9.com/content/new...ticles/cfn/2014/3/4/casey_anthony_defama.html

The debt cannot be discharged if ZG 's attys can prove FCA acted with willful malice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back