Casey Anthony Deposition FILED 2.25.2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
FCA broke federal law the day she was arrested, when she told federal agent Savage that Caylee was alive. Federal law broken: 18 USC 1001. Not perjury. False statements to a federal agent. Doesn't matter that she wasn't under oath. Doesn't matter if Savage believed her or not, doesn't matter if what she lied about was major or minor. The feds could have prosecuted her anytime after it became public that Caylee was already dead when FCA was arrested.

Obviously the feds haven't acted. Forwards. If FCA were to say under oath that Caylee was dead by July 25, she would theroretically be giving the feds a case against her on a silver platter. Given all circumstances, she could face 4-5 years in federal prison for making false statements and impeding an investigation by doing so.

Taking a step back. Seems like the odds of the feds going after FCA are extremely slim. But. If I were a defense attorney I would advise my client not to answer questions that had even a remote chance of costing 4-5 years in prison.

Question is, how can ZG attys force FCA to concede Caylee was dead before July 25 without giving her a perjury-5th out?

Taking a step back. Seems like the odds of the feds going after FCA are extremely slim. But. If I were a defense attorney I would advise my client not to answer questions that had even a remote chance of costing 4-5 years in prison.

Question is, how can ZG attys force FCA to concede Caylee was dead before July 25 without giving her a perjury-5th out?

I think you're right, and I'm sure cm knows the odds are pretty low that the feds are just sitting there waiting to pounce, but they found their loophole, imo... ZG can't win without showing malicious intent, and they can't show malicious intent without fca acknowledging when Caylee died.

All jmo.

http://law-journals-books.vlex.com/vid/false-statements-and-claims-411848974

The statute of limitations is 5 years from the date the false statement was made, which means her comments to Nick Savage expired in October of 2013, right?...

I think you're right, and I'm sure cm knows the odds are pretty low that the feds are just sitting there waiting to pounce, but they found their loophole, imo... ZG can't win without showing malicious intent, and they can't show malicious intent without fca acknowledging when Caylee died.

All jmo.

I was just wondering about Tim Miller's lawsuit that was settled, did we ever know the terms, or what she might have admitted about when Caylee died?

I was just wondering about Tim Miller's lawsuit that was settled, did we ever know the terms, or what she might have admitted about when Caylee died?

I don't think there were terms. He just gave up.

Fca admitted no liability in the settlement... She was ordered to answer 2 questions earlier in the case... Admit that she did not observe or hear GA call 911 (she admitted this), and if she knew tes searched for Caylee in September and October of 2008 (she denied this)

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/01/24/casey-anthony-finally-answers-some-questions

Not much other than that...

All jmo.

I hope one day they take another look at George and Cindy's role in all this. I have been praying someone will tell the truth. I question weather Casey is even bilogically their daughter or a second wife to George raised by Cindy. It happens asks the unwilling children of polygamists. Many raised to believe people are their parents when in fact they were sold or stollen for the use of pedophiles and sex maniacs.

I hope one day they take another look at George and Cindy's role in all this. I have been praying someone will tell the truth. I question weather Casey is even bilogically their daughter or a second wife to George raised by Cindy. It happens asks the unwilling children of polygamists. Many raised to believe people are their parents when in fact they were sold or stollen for the use of pedophiles and sex maniacs.

Problem is it won't really do much good if ga and ca " told the truth" because everything they say is a lie... And I don't really think there's any doubt fca is the biological offspring of ca. If ever there was a like mother, like daughter connection it's those two, imo... And I also don't think ca would allow ga to have a 2nd wife, let alone raise her baby for her... She's too much of a control freak. Glad you shared Lovesgod, and welcome!

Welcome to Websleuths Lovsgod! Thank you for joining in the discussion!

I know you were being serious, and of course anything is possible, and certainly those things do happen but I don't think it's the case here.

There is definitely sickness in this family, I mean from a mental health perspective, and god only knows what else! In the beginning I really thought she had to have been molested by George, due in part, by all of their behavior and G and C protecting her.

I definitely felt like a secret was being kept... still do, just not the one I originally thought. I now think the secret being kept was that they all knew their daughter/sister was/is a psychopath.

Anyway, I got a good chuckle out of "weather Casey is even bilogically their daughter or a second wife to George raised by Cindy"!

It just is well... funny... because they all are so weird and creepy.

But welcome, I know you meant it seriously and I do appreciate your candor!

I'm certain KC's is Cindy's. They are way, way, way too much alike. :giggle:

BTW, :welcome:

From the TES Lawsuit Thread

Order Granting Motion for Approval of Compromise Settlement With Texas Equusearch Mounted Search and Recovery

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7DjeAMt_BpITzBLRDZnc2o5RHM/edit?usp=sharing

Judge approves Casey Anthony’s settlement with Texas EquuSearch
Settlement doesn’t require Anthony to admit liability.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...-settlement-approved-20131126,0,4066450.story

By Jeff Weiner, Orlando Sentinel
10:41 a.m. EST, November 26, 2013

excerpts:

Casey Anthony's bankruptcy judge has approved her settlement with Texas EquuSearch, the search-and-recovery group that scoured Central Florida for her daughter in 2008.

Under the terms of the settlement, filed for U.S. Bankruptcy Judge K. Rodney May's approval in October, EquuSearch agreed to drop its complaint, which objected to Anthony's Chapter 7 bankruptcy.

Anthony agreed to allow EquuSearch to claim $75,000 as a creditor. However, it appears unlikely EquuSearch will get much, if any, of that money.

The group may get a portion of whatever Anthony's bankruptcy trustee can find in her estate, but the rest of the $75,000 debt is now set to be wiped away when her bankruptcy concludes.

The TexasEquuSearch site issued a statement which says that Casey Anthony is under no obligation to pay them anything.

http://texasequusearch.org/2013/11/the-facts-about-texas-equusearch-vs-casey-anthony-lawsuit/

The Facts about Texas Equusearch vs. Casey Anthony Lawsuit

Posted on 28. Nov, 2013 by Kevin Cotter in Featured News, Media, TXEQ News

Texas Equusearch is dedicated to finding missing persons.

With regards to the Casey Anthony lawsuit, Texas Equusearch agreed to an unsecured settlement of $75,000. This unsecured settlement means that Ms. Anthony may elect to pay all or some of this amount but is under no obligation pay anything. Texas Equusearch does not foresee ever receiving any funds from Ms. Anthony.

The focus of Texas Equusearch is not to continue this fight but to continue its search for missing individuals and bring them home to their families. Texas Equusearch founder Tim Miller explained, “Over $120,000 was spent by Texas Equusearch during the search for Caylee Anthony. This money could have been used for other families with loved ones who are TRULY missing.”

Why didn't Tim Miller just drop the lawsuit, rather than have it settled?

I too thought about the statute of limitations would have happened by now. Why would she be allowed to claim the 5th when it is too late to bring criminal charges? I wish we could ask the fed judge this.

I just had the idea that this may have something to do with statements she made to her probation officer. Those would still be within the time, I think. Anybody know?

I just had the idea that this may have something to do with statements she made to her probation officer. Those would still be within the time, I think. Anybody know?

The probation officer was either a State or County level

When Mason brought up the Feds at first I thought...making a false statement on her BK filing and/or BK case...

The probation officer was either a State or County level

When Mason brought up the Feds at first I thought...making a false statement on her BK filing and/or BK case...

We all know she lied there, but none of that had anything to do with Caylee's whereabouts and that fca knew she was dead.

I just discovered where she came up with the story of a real Zenaida. Jeff Ashton wrote his book that they thought she may have been someone from her past. Page 56.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cattdee
Back