Casey files for-Indigency; Defense reveals how much it's been paid!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You bring up some interesting thoughts. Did the defence ever submit any evidence? I know they had a deadline from JS, but I believe that has come and gone. And they have had all the discovery SA has for a number of months. Do you think then that the Defense doesn't have and won't have any discovery of their own?

I do not recall the exact dates, but IIRC, JS told both sides in early FEB of this year, they must both turn over all discovery within two weeks. In early March, which was 2 months ago when all discovery had been turned over by both sides to the other, with the exception of some things from the Oak Ridge Lab. JS asked the prosecution if they were satisfied that the defense had turned over all their discovery and the prosecution said yes. So, I think the defense did have some discovery, and that they have indeed turned all that discovery over to the prosecution. We will have to get input from our lawyers as to whether or not the state is allowed to reveal to the public what discovery the defense turned over to them. Thus far the state has released none of that discovery, so I’m guessing either they can’t or it looks exculpatory so they choose not too.

JP has done an excellent job of remaining fair and impartial in regards to dealing with all the things necessary to ensure KC’s rights to a fair trial, as well as keeping the Florida taxpayers costs as low as possible, in light of KC being indigent. As always, my entire post is my opinion only.

You bring up some interesting thoughts. Did the defence ever submit any evidence? I know they had a deadline from JS, but I believe that has come and gone. And they have had all the discovery SA has for a number of months. Do you think then that the Defense doesn't have and won't have any discovery of their own?

I know what and who my :twocents: are betting on. :woohoo: There has been more than ample time for the defense to (cough) pick up, collect, receive, obtain or whatever word some one prefer any discovery they wanted. If the defense had the extra time to spend hunting down RK's past life perhaps they should have focused on the discovery the SA's are planning to use to convict KC on. But, what do I know. I'm just a sleuther:innocent:

Novice Seeker

I do not recall the exact dates, but IIRC, JS told both sides in early FEB of this year, they must both turn over all discovery within two weeks. In early March, which was 2 months ago when all discovery had been turned over by both sides to the other, with the exception of some things from the Oak Ridge Lab. JS asked the prosecution if they were satisfied that the defense had turned over all their discovery and the prosecution said yes. So, I think the defense did have some discovery, and that they have indeed turned all that discovery over to the prosecution. We will have to get input from our lawyers as to whether or not the state is allowed to reveal to the public what discovery the defense turned over to them. Thus far the state has released none of that discovery, so I’m guessing either they can’t or it looks exculpatory so they choose not too.

JP has done an excellent job of remaining fair and impartial in regards to dealing with all the things necessary to ensure KC’s rights to a fair trial, as well as keeping the Florida taxpayers costs as low as possible, in light of KC being indigent. As always, my entire post is my opinion only.

I recall the SA saying at the last hearing they had received nothing from the defense. It was around the time the defense was complaining about the Oak Ridge Lab.

Certainly the defense has released information re J.Jackson and Kronk, but I wouldn't call that discovery, merely speculation.

I'm no Lawyer, but I can tell you one thing- if the Defense had anything exculpatory Baez would have been all over the airwaves with it, despite his professed loathing for 'leeches' of the media.

I'm no Lawyer, but I can tell you one thing- if the Defense had anything exculpatory Baez would have been all over the airwaves with it, despite his professed loathing for 'leeches' of the media.

LOL - was there ever a more true statement?

And I will add this: we know CA and JB and crew read this forum as well as others. IF, and I emphasis IF there were ANY exculpatory evidence, one tiny shread of this evidence, there would have been one huge and long media blitz done by all of them.

So, JB...... whatcha got for us? ........ nothing huh ....... thought so.

JB cannot keep his finances straight, it isn't a wonder why we haven't seen anything but senseless motions that aren't even prepared correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babycakes15