Casey gets a 1 million dollar offer for first story

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
EXACTLY. And they are funding the "foundation" with the $$$$ from the sale of the book CA has a deal for, so for that "income" it becomes non-taxable as it goes to a "charitable foundation". Somewhere in these threads, their atty. spelled it out. Sorry I don't have the link handy, maybe today's news or possibly this thread. And the only charity that the $$$ is used for is their "foundation" to further the cause of missing children, campaigning for Caylee's Law, blah, blah, blah.

Once again, these are the LAST people to be speaking about/for children. Disgusting.

IMO -- scam much? tax scam much?

There is something so putrid about two people who allowed themselves to be seen as the very people this law wants to protect children from, to want to hop on board fir "their" foundation. Wanna do something worthwhile, Anothys? Turn yourselves into police for failing to call 911 when you discovered Caylee floating in the swimming pool...oh wait! :loser:

I'm not sure what this means, if anything. But apparently FCA's name was trademarked by a media company...the trademark seems to be pending. Again, I'm not sure what this is for, seems to be her name only that's been applied for trademark. I'm wondering how this media company can trademark that name....

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=searchss&state=4010:m9964b.1.1

When you enter her name, on the next page the info comes up. Also click on the TARR status at the top to see the status of this TM application. Apparently it takes 3 months to be assigned for review. The TM was applied for on July 10, 2011.

I'm wondering if they've done this so that anytime anyone uses her name they'd owe her money or so that she can sue them if they use her name? I would think that if something that was written before her name is trademarked she'd be SOL? Anyone know how this would work? That's okay, we don't call her by her complete name anyways. :floorlaugh:

A mod posted on another thread that putting letters and addresses for boycotts is not approved here at WS, FWIW...I think it is on the Casey released thread, not sure...

I believe that profiting from Caylee's death is an exemption. see sticky on when death takes an agent:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144232"]Death Takes an Agent - Profiting from the Death of Caylee **NO DISCUSSION PLEASE** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I'm wondering if they've done this so that anytime anyone uses her name they'd owe her money or so that she can sue them if they use her name? I would think that if something that was written before her name is trademarked she'd be SOL? Anyone know how this would work? That's okay, we don't call her by her complete name anyways. :floorlaugh:

I know! We can call her TOT MOM! :floorlaugh:

I haven't been able to find any other information on this...is it possible to trademark someone else's name without their permission? I don't know.
It's been applied for by that media company, that's all I can find. Strange.

The pathological liars stories are all over the internet, you can read or listen to them for free if you want as well as the stories of her defense team of professional liars.

Why should anyone believe a word they say.

Unfortunately the jury did.:maddening:

Hmmmm.....apparently you cannot trademark someone else's name (when that person is alive) without their permission.

See last paragraph:

http://www.noreklaw.com/names_as_trademarks.htm

#

Whether intended or not, if the public would recognize and understand the trademark as identifying a particular person, consent is required.
#

Such public identification means the person is sufficiently known in the field of the product or service that an association between the person and the trademark will be made by the relevant public, or
#

The person is so well known that the name will invariably be associated with the person (such a Prince Charles)

Also google trademark law 15 U.S.C. §1052(c)

Soooo....this makes me wonder, that's all, whether this media company applied for the trademark on FCA's behalf (with permission) or on their own, for their own benefit (without permission). I can't find much on the media company itself except that it's located in San Francisco CA and a short description.

Ah well, it hasn't been approved yet and won't be for 3 months, if then.

I happened upon this accidentally when I was looking at the A's trademark application to tm Caylee's name. For the heck of it, I just searched for FCA too and was surprised to find the filing...filed the day before she was found ng.

Hmmmm.....apparently you cannot trademark someone else's name (when that person is alive) without their permission.

See last paragraph:

http://www.noreklaw.com/names_as_trademarks.htm

Also google trademark law 15 U.S.C. §1052(c)

Soooo....this makes me wonder, that's all, whether this media company applied for the trademark on FCA's behalf (with permission) or on their own, for their own benefit (without permission). I can't find much on the media company itself except that it's located in San Francisco CA and a short description.

Ah well, it hasn't been approved yet and won't be for 3 months, if then.

I happened upon this accidentally when I was looking at the A's trademark application to tm Caylee's name. For the heck of it, I just searched for FCA too and was surprised to find the filing...filed the day before she was found ng.

Again...we could just call her TOM MOM! everyone will know who it is...or the woman who killed her child and did not report it for 31 days

Heard today that FCA turned down the 1 million interview as it came with a required poly.:great:

There is something so putrid about two people who allowed themselves to be seen as the very people this law wants to protect children from, to want to hop on board fir "their" foundation. Wanna do something worthwhile, Anothys? Turn yourselves into police for failing to call 911 when you discovered Caylee floating in the swimming pool...oh wait! :loser:

:goodpost:

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/28540545/detail.html

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony has a million-dollar offer on the table.

In a WESH 2 News exclusive, reporter Dave McDaniel learned that a freelance TV producer is making an offer for Anthony's first interview once she leaves jail.

"I believe in the right of this woman to tell her story," said California-based producer Al Taylor.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/28540545/detail.html#ixzz1S2psv0D9

He said he has another check for jurors who want to join in on the interview.

What is her story? Does she keep to the lie that Caylee died in the pool? Will she confess? highly unlikely. What does she have to say that anyone wants to hear. How much fun the hot body contests were? How rotten her parents were?

We know her defence was made up of lies that the jury fell for.

I'd watch it for one reason only..that is to see what kind of con job she is going to play on the interviewer and the public. She's very, very good at conning people.

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j461/editor103/107ec0e2.jpg
107ec0e2.jpg

Y'know, that pic kinda makes JB look like a chemist. :waitasec:

I know, maybe she will tell the world how little Caylee went from the "pool" to the swamp. ;-)

ICA will keep lying. She will tell elaborate tales just like she has for the last 3 years. ICA will never take accountability. She will play poor little victim because she is ticked we see as Caylee as the real victim here.

GA and CA claim that any profits will go to charity, but, they lie. Jose lies. CFCA lies.

Sorry, I can't imagine anyone buying such a book.

:great:
Ok miss Anthony we appreciate you letting us publish your story. You'll be hearing form us soon.

[KC] When will I be getting my check?

Your check?

[KC] Yes, my million dollars. You said if I tell you my story you will pay me a million dollars.

Oh that, sorry I Lied.

:great::great::great:

GA and CA claim that any profits will go to charity, but, they lie. Jose lies. CFCA lies.

Sorry, I can't imagine anyone buying such a book.

That can be misleading because they can say profits go to charity but that could be after their fee. They could say profits go to charity but only after x amount of books are sold. I can't imagine they would walk away without a dime. I'd love to see it but it won't happen. Even their lawyer talks about them needing money to go on. A book is a way to do it.

I won't buy any of the books but some will. When we find out who publishes it I will send them a letter and never buy from them again. Simon & Schuster has already said they won't publish a book by any of them. Good for them.

That can be misleading because they can say profits go to charity but that could be after their fee. They could say profits go to charity but only after x amount of books are sold. I can't imagine they would walk away without a dime. I'd love to see it but it won't happen. Even their lawyer talks about them needing money to go on. A book is a way to do it.

I won't buy any of the books but some will. When we find out who publishes it I will send them a letter and never buy from them again. Simon & Schuster has already said they won't publish a book by any of them. Good for them.

Exactly Nova. Just as Greta said juror was not paid, per TMZ he was paid, but one has to go digging because it is done so that the media does not find out, and it is done through the "entertainment department". However, it works.

I don't believe for a second that Cindy and George would not be making money on it. This does not mean I don't have sympathy for them, I do. But I know they would be looking to make money. I recall that Cindy was in New York doing a show and George called her asking if she got paid first and she said no and he was furious. This was according to River Cruz, but I believe her.

It would be very hard for me to sit and listen to Cindy say she knew KC was innocent - that is for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member