Casey gets a 1 million dollar offer for first story

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lions and tigers oh my... at the fictional bidding war. From the local paper to national news, they don't hire fact checkers? A quick internet search gave me all I needed to know on this latest "offer." Sheesh... Everything connected to this case now is down the rabbit hole, through the looking glass, in KCWorld whathaveyou. I took a look at Ebay and I saw a manilla envelope billed to be in FCA's writing that was sent from the A residence on September 29, 2008. (Which happens to be day FCA was arrested again, but I doubt she was addressing envelopes for tees and bracelets at any time). It could be anyone's writing. Yet, another was for copies of documents readily available online. I don't know why I am surprised...it's natural that a fraud would beget a fraud, or many little frauds.

I had heard there were a number of items at eBay so took a look. There's a small industry going on there--and yes, pretty high prices. lol Imagine a semi-permanent piece of KC memorabilia for you car, such as a bobblehead KC for the rear window. From what i gather, there has been some protest from other eBay members, who've flagged the items and complained to management. Apparently, there's been little effect except the items were moved from one category to another. fwiw

(snipped for space)

Cheney Mason's home page for his law firm website states "Attorney & Counsellor at Law specializing in crimminal trial practice, family law, entertainment law, trial practice. :yuck:

Jose Baez has a statement on his law firm homepage saying "You never get a second chance to make a first impression". Wow thats all he did with FCA's trial is continually try to change everyones mind of the "first impression" concerning FCA ! :juggle: : yuck: M00

:newhere:
This is a GREAT site/forum, glad i found you all!
ArtzyPantz

View attachment 17870

lol Can you imagine CM as a public relations agent? lolol Well, setting aside the "Michael Jackson maneuver" with his pants and flipping the bird to spectators outside the Terrace 390 restaurant, here's another tidbit:

"Casey has had her day in court, she's not saying anything else. And by the way, who is going to believe her anyway," Mason told the group [at the Tiger Bay Club].

And, if one believes CM
"There are no offers from anyone for books, movies, or interviews," Mason said.

http://www.wftv.com/caseyanthony/28637794/detail.html

WELCOME ABOARD, artzypantz! :D

the title of this thread makes my blood boil and blood pressure soar...LOL does that happen to yall too ?

It's for this very reason that I intentionally did not mentioned compensation of any sort in emails that I sent to the major networks advising them that as a long-time viewer, I would no longer support any of their programming, nor any sponsors who contract with them if they chose to pursue, conduct, and/or broadcast any interview with Ms. Anthony. I simply stated my position as applicable to ANY interview (implying, paid or not).

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

*Respectfully snipped*
Right, RMT PR Management, brb if I find their info.

*mere minutes elapse*

RMT PR Management

http://www.rmtprmanagement.com/

"The firm’s client base includes fashion, lifestyle, crisis management, media, politics, non-profit, health and wellness and publishing."

© 2011 RMTPR Management
258 West 20th Street, #2
New York, NY 10011
(212) 414-1909
info@rmtprmanagement.com

You guys are the greatest! Every single move made is checked and then some.

Excellent thwartment, y'all! :woot:

i just called NBC and the lady who answered the phone said they are currently considering doing an interview with Casey but it's is not decided at this point. i think they want to do it and are waiting for king baez to grant them the honor. UGH

i just called NBC and the lady who answered the phone said they are currently considering doing an interview with Casey but it's is not decided at this point. i think they want to do it and are wating for king baez to grant them the honor. UGH

Well, Jim Lichtenstein hasn't been hanging around the A's for 3 years cause of Cindy's chili! IMO
If NBC doesn't get KC-they'll get C&G!:loser:

He is starting to put together new lesson plans for his fall classes, based on what he says his court experience taught him.

"That our Constitution works."

Not in this case. He has got this wrong also..........

Don't know if this was placed anywhere else on here, but, IMO...ALL these stations, media, lawyers, etc are just dancing around the issues/paid interviews info being bantered about...like we didn't know THAT already....I got a kick out of the one high school girls money was placed in a "trust" for her education...LOL

So, will KC's "funds" go toward criminal rehabilitation? How NOT to murder your child classes?
Maybe a place to live where she can be "safe"...money put into a "trust" to support her??
I "trust" not even ONE of these people!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/13/business/media/13payments.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1

:woot:This made me smile.

A TMZ report that Casey Anthony attorney Jose Baez was at Manhattan’s Mandarin Oriental Hotel “holding court” with bookers from ABC, CBS and NBC for a cash interview with Anthony was met with strenuous denials from all three news divisions.

“The report is untrue,” said an ABC News source. “If there is a bidding war ABC News is not and will not be part of it.

“CBS News is not offering and will not offer to license any materials from Casey Anthony,” a CBS News spokesperson said. A network executive was more vehement: “Not a damn nickel.”

We've talked with Baez about getting an interview with Casey Anthony, but only under NBC News standards and conditions: no payment, and absolutely no job offers for members of her defense team,” said an NBC News spokesperson.

ttp://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/casey-anthony-interview-news-orgs-214488

Don't know if this was placed anywhere else on here, but, IMO...ALL these stations, media, lawyers, etc are just dancing around the issues/paid interviews info being bantered about...like we didn't know THAT already....I got a kick out of the one high school girls money was placed in a "trust" for her education...LOL

So, will KC's "funds" go toward criminal rehabilitation? How NOT to murder your child classes?
Maybe a place to live where she can be "safe"...money put into a "trust" to support her??
I "trust" not even ONE of these people!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/13/business/media/13payments.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1

Thanks for the link.

From the article;

Leary told the St. Petersburg Times he fired off the letter because he was furious that the jury didn't "connect the dots" as prosecutors advised.

"Why would those dumbbells get caught up in jury instructions about reasonable doubt when all it took was a little common sense to fill in the gaps and find her guilty?" he asked.

Because, Huekler said, jurors are not supposed to fill in the gaps.

Huekler isn't the only member of the jury still dealing with fallout from the trial.

Juror No. 12 retired from her job at Publix and moved to Tennessee after being threatened, Huekler and news reports said.

For first-degree murder, according to the instructions, jurors had to know that the time between premeditation and murder was "long enough to allow reflection." Since they didn't know when Caylee died or how, they couldn't know this, he said.

For the other charges, the instructions said repeatedly that they had to know beyond a reasonable doubt that Casey Anthony's acts caused the death. "Again," Huekler said, "without knowing the time and manner of death, they couldn't know this beyond a reasonable doubt."

The jury instructions said each juror had to have an "abiding conviction of guilt" that did not "waver and vacillate" and was solely based on the "evidence introduced in the trial."

"It wasn't that we believed Casey was innocent," he said. "But we knew it wasn't enough to think she was probably guilty based on her lies. To follow what the law required, we needed to be definite."

For bolded part one;

I was a NYS juror and not a Florida juror but our jury was allowed to theorize based upon what evidence we believed and didn't believe. We could use our own experiences in making the decision. So saying that jurors can't theorize or "fill in the gaps" is wrong, at least in NYS. In the trial I was a juror on we all agreed that two witness' testimonies were a bunch of horse hockey and dismissed it.

For bolded part two;

No, they didn't have to be definite, they had to be certain beyond a reasonable doubt. There's a difference. I honestly believe that there was so much evidence to go through that they didn't want to go back over it all and they just wanted to get out of there. JMO

ETA: I think the death threats against jurors is wrong and the people who make them should have some sort of punishment leveled against them.

Not sure if this has already been posted. My apologies if it has. ABC and NBC are denying the report that they are in a bidding war to offer KC a deal.

A TMZ report that Casey Anthony attorney Jose Baez was at Manhattan’s Mandarin Oriental Hotel “holding court” with bookers from ABC, CBS and NBC for a cash interview with Anthony was met with strenuous denials from all three news divisions.

“The report is untrue,” said an ABC News source. “If there is a bidding war ABC News is not and will not be part of it.”

“CBS News is not offering and will not offer to license any materials from Casey Anthony,” a CBS News spokesperson said. A network executive was more vehement: “Not a damn nickel.”

Network sources confirm that their bookers have met with Baez, but they flatly deny that they have offered any remuneration for an interview. Baez – who had several odd jobs, including bikini salesman, before being catapulted to fame as the attorney who won an acquittal for Anthony in the capital murder of her two-year-old daughter Caylee – is shopping his services as a legal commentator. (Hollywood agency Paradigm agreed to represent him in those endeavors but quickly backed out.)

“We've talked with Baez about getting an interview with Casey Anthony, but only under NBC News standards and conditions: no payment, and absolutely no job offers for members of her defense team,” said an NBC News spokesperson.

As for whether NBC picked up the tab for Baez’s stay at the Mandarin, sources says the network paid for one night in order to meet with Baez, which is not unusual expense to incur in the pursuit of interviews.

The practice of licensing photos and videos from interview subjects has long been a fig leaf for TV news divisions. But Anthony may have finally put the practice on deep freeze, at least temporarily.

ABC News was revealed to have paid Anthony the mind-boggling sum of $200,000 in 2008 for photos and home videos as well as $15,000 to the Florida meter reader who discovered Caylee’s remains. In 2010, CBS News paid $20,000 to the Anthony family for material that was used on 48 Hours Mystery and the Early Show. The stench of those transactions has made it impossible for news organizations to hide behind licensing deals. But Anthony’s pariah status and the risk of a swift and loud public backlash for the network that gives her air time have made booking her for even non-paid interview highly problematic.

One network booker described the situation as “toxic.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/casey-anthony-interview-news-orgs-214488

:) :) :)

Thanks for the link.

From the article;

Leary told the St. Petersburg Times he fired off the letter because he was furious that the jury didn't "connect the dots" as prosecutors advised.

"Why would those dumbbells get caught up in jury instructions about reasonable doubt when all it took was a little common sense to fill in the gaps and find her guilty?" he asked.

Because, Huekler said, jurors are not supposed to fill in the gaps.

Huekler isn't the only member of the jury still dealing with fallout from the trial.

Juror No. 12 retired from her job at Publix and moved to Tennessee after being threatened, Huekler and news reports said.

I was a NYS juror and not a Florida juror but our jury was allowed to theorize based upon what evidence we believed and didn't believe. We could use our own experiences in making the decision. So saying that jurors can't theorize or "fill in the gaps" is wrong, at least in NYS. In the trial I was a juror on we all agreed that two witness' testimonies were a bunch of horse hockey and dismissed it.

For bolded part two;

No, they didn't have to be definite, they had to be certain beyond a reasonable doubt. There's a difference. I honestly believe that there was so much evidence to go through that they didn't want to go back over it all and they just wanted to get out of there. JMO

ETA: I think the death threats against jurors is wrong and the people who make them should have some sort of punishment leveled against them.

I agree 100% with all you have posted and in particular the bolded part.

Had every aspect of their job been done for them and handed on a silver platter by the SA, this jury might have voted Guilty of manslaughter or abuse, but I do not believe this jury would have voted Guilty of first degree murder even if they had a full confession from KC and eyewitness testimony from the Pope.

They wanted to go home. They were tired of being there. They wanted to be done with it all and they found KC guilty on the misdemeanor charges only, because they did not want to risk doing something that might lead to a penalty phase.

I am 100% convinced that most or all of the jurors did not know that Guilty on some of the felony charges would not lead to a penalty phase. And yet not one of them bothered to ask for clarification of anything they did not fully understand, even though obviously there were things they did not fully understand. Was the foreman too proud to ask questions? Did he want court officials to think he was so bright that he had all the answers? That could be part of the problem, too, IMO. (I listened to the foreman's excuses and he came off as rather arrogant, at least in that instance.)

A big problem I have right this minute is with this alternate juror RH spewing forth his nonsense, because he wasn't even involved in the deliberations phase!

OF COURSE jurors fill in gaps. What trial is perfect? They ALL have gaps, some big and some not so big. But in most trials jurors will have to put things together. The two things they claim they had no right or responsibility to do are the two things that were most important to their task: fill in the gaps and connect the dots.

This jury dropped the ball, either because they had ulterior motives or because they are just...not very bright. I wonder which it is. Perhaps it is a combination of the two given they are so incredulous of the anger over their verdict.

I foresee a future black widow in our midst. Maybe JB will be the first to *get sick*...

I've been thinking the exact same thing. If she hadn't become pregnant at a young age, our first exposure to Casey Anthony may have been as defendant in the murder of a well-insured husband.

I've been thinking the exact same thing. If she hadn't become pregnant at a young age, our first exposure to Casey Anthony may have been as defendant in the murder of a well-insured husband.

I think if Cindy hadn't made her mad on the 15th-the first exposure would have been something akin to the Menendez brothers scheme! Then, come to think of it, after LE had busted her on lies, computer searches, etc.-JB could have used all the same arguments used in that case and that he used in this trial ie-dysfunctional family and sex abuse.
I wonder if G&C realize how close they came to the same fate as Caylee?:waitasec:IMO

I hope the networks are telling the truth about NOT offering any cash for licensing or interviews with FCA. That would really cut back on the DT's options. That would force them to go with offers from people like Al Taylor, who are rogues and loose cannons by comparison. imoo

And who do we believe? Baez or Taylor/ Baez says he never ever met with Taylor, while Taylor says he is going to sue them if they do not follow through? I tend to believe Taylor when he says he had a meeting. We all had rumors of her being dropped off in Palm Springs BEFORE we even knew AT was there.

I hope the networks are telling the truth about NOT offering any cash for licensing or interviews with FCA. That would really cut back on the DT's options. That would force them to go with offers from people like Al Taylor, who are rogues and loose cannons by comparison. imoo

And who do we believe? Baez or Taylor/ Baez says he never ever met with Taylor, while Taylor says he is going to sue them if they do not follow through? I tend to believe Taylor when he says he had a meeting. We all had rumors of her being dropped off in Palm Springs BEFORE we even knew AT was there.

I would like AT to make public the signed contract if his offer has in fact been accepted.

At least portions of it that would prove who signed.

BBM

I think they really have no choice but to stick to those statements. They would come off as severely hypocritical if they didn't. JMO

Also, she's so toxic right now that I can't see anyone really giving her anything.

Of course it could be Al Taylor who first put those Palm Springs rumors out there...

Also, as far as anyone paying Casey for an interview any time soon...unless she plans to settle her various civil cases so that she does not have to give depositions, what could she possibly have to say that would make anyone pay her? Even Al Taylor-why does he want an interview so badly, if she can't or won't talk about what happened on June 16th?

I think JB knows she can't talk but I can't imagine what he thinks her value is without talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member