Casey is 'Steel Magnolia'?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Elphaba...let me continue from there! LOL

Clairee: M'Lynn you just missed the chance of a lifetime! Half o' Chiquapin Parish'd give their eye teeth to take a whack at Ouiser!

I can quote this movie from heart! It is one of my all time favorites!

PS: My best friend and I are Clairee and Ouiser! I guess I am Ousier! LOL

LOL....thanks for the laugh guys! I love that movie and that paticular part is my favorite scene!:) My best friend and i have also joked that I was Clairee and she was Ousier! I know when we get old and grey that thats exactly how we will be.

Back to Casey....I can think of many things I'd call her but Steel Magnolia isnt one of them.

I thought it was kind of laughable that Walsh and even Baez seem so besotted with Casey. Of course she cries to JB, about herself. Next we'll be hearing about her lovely eyes, her incredible sense of style, to pull off that ankle bracelet with ratty shorts and no shoes. Steel Magnolia implies a certain sort of heroism, and that's a hard sell for this expletive-spewing liar.

Consider the source. Walsh is part of the defense lawyer's team. His job is to spin. He wants to replace the fact that Casey is a sociopathic liar with the false image of a strong, self-sacrificing woman. Steel Magnolia.

It's a bunch of hooey!

All my opinion, of course.

Susan

Susan, ITA, a "STEAL" Magnolia (lol, jeannebrealt) she is not.
There is not a word in the world to simply describe properly a
mother "misplacing" her child in this world and not be desperate
at her decision. Cindy summed it up in the very beginning of this
whole mess......."there is something wrong"

hugs, firefly

She sure seems to have them fooled, then again she isn't showing her true self to those guys. All I can say is she hasn't fooled me one bit. Hi from someone new to posting here.

Steel Magnolia? nah
More like a
Plastic Dandelion

IT's what they are planning on using for her defense.

I just listened to one of the old interviews. The Cindy says that KC is being strong for caylee, that she is doing "anything for' caylee. Taking the heat (my words) for Caylee.

The lawyer is asked if he knew why KC lied. He said he did, but he couldn't tell. That she had a very good reason for lying..

Of course, now we have heard this story about the kidnapping and that she was told to not tell, blah, blah, blah.

In the interview, Cindy says that she hasn't had time to talk to KC. And she needs to get out, so she can talk to her and find out more information. Of course, NOW she says that she isn't allowed to talk about the case with KC.

Anyway, that was said by the defense to help paint a different picture of Casey. It's just not working. Except with those who are denying all evidence showing KC guilty. And I do mean ALL and are desprete for a reason to back KC and believe in KC.

Here's a definition for ya: "A lady, who is sweet, gentle, kind...yet, strong and resilient all at the same time. To me, this is the definition of a Steel Magnolia. A Steel Magnolia's beauty comes from within, which serves to enhance her physical appearance. This combination in a woman makes her one of God's most loveliest and endearing creatures on earth. "

Yeah--sounds just like Casey all right!

yes this is a good definition of what a steel magnolia is- something of which Casey is not. :rolleyes:
The term does predate the movie.

LOL....thanks for the laugh guys! I love that movie and that paticular part is my favorite scene!:) My best friend and i have also joked that I was Clairee and she was Ousier! I know when we get old and grey that thats exactly how we will be.

Back to Casey....I can think of many things I'd call her but Steel Magnolia isnt one of them.

HazelEyes......when that MOVIE came out I actually had ton's of phone call's from friends saying they thought they were watching me in the movie.
I have the exact personality of Ousier..........and the funny part is that I really do act like Ousier, AND , my first name IS Louise.......And not only do I act like her, but for or years and years I've been told I look like Shirley McLaine and yes I am extremely outspoken!

It's almost eerie! Now Shirley McClain and I are now both old and gray!

xxxxxxxxxxoooooo
mama (Louise)

:blowkiss::blowkiss:

I think Anti-Social Butterfly fits her much better.

lol, i don't know...from the looks of some of those pictures, she didn't seem very, um...anti-social. :cool:

I'm sure half of Orlando'd give THEIR eye teeth to take a whack at Casey. LOL

Beautiful movie that hits the term right on... about the closest thing that Casey comes to when it comes to magnolias: she's the toxic manure that got rejected because the tree farm wouldn't dare put that stuff around their magnolia trees. :)

Only half of Orlando? C'mon. I'm thinking almost everyone who has been following the case would give anything to take a whack.
Who does she think she's fooling wearing the Caylee tshirt? JB probably told her to wear it whenever she is seen, but it's just stupid.

How in the he$$ can anyone think this girl is a steel magnolia? These are Southern Women who stand up to the hardships of life with courage and grit..not some nabbypamby person who can not get her life together. I am insulted, as a southern lady, by the inference that she contains any grit or purpose other her own...She is not a Steel Magnolia..those of us who are, sorely plead for you to think again about Casey, the infantile, diabolical being that she is..she was never raised in the tradition of being a "Steel Magnolia". We proud Southern Women resent that!

How in the he$$ can anyone think this girl is a steel magnolia? These are Southern Women who stand up to the hardships of life with courage and grit..not some nabbypamby person who can not get her life together. I am insulted, as a southern lady, by the inference that she contains any grit or purpose other her own...She is not a Steel Magnolia..those of us who are, sorely plead for you to think again about Casey, the infantile, diabolical being that she is..she was never raised in the tradition of being a "Steel Magnolia". We proud Southern Women resent that!

trust me when i say it is certainly not only southern women who resent that. there are steel magnolias everywhere. you won't, however, find one located in a particular house on hopespring.

trust me when i say it is certainly not only southern women who resent that. there are steel magnolias everywhere. you won't, however, find one located in a particular house on hopespring.

Gotta say I love you..you are right...there are strong women everyhere.

I think what he is trying to state: here is a woman that against all odds, is standing strong, etc.

Casey is not the victim here. If she wasn't so busy with her 5 bf's and doing drugs, her daughter would be at home with the GP/s.

OMG, this is just a huge load of BS hogwash. I bet he was paid to say that.

Women of all ages everywhere who work, live honestly, and care for their families are steel magnolias and remarkable. This does not describe someone who lies, cons, and hurts her family and even strangers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!
Back