Casey "playing" with Caylee (video)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC it was Kio's pets (for the most part) that were buried where Caylee was found. May have been a turtle or goldfish or two buried there, but I remember trying to rule out animal abuse in my brain - and the info we had didn't seem to draw any red flags. Does anyone else know if there are video's of parent/child interaction? The only other thing that struck me on Eidetic's original clip was when Caylee was snuggling into great grandpa and CA kept insisting Caylee give Grandpa a hug and kiss. What was CA's need in that moment to draw attention away from this sweet/tender interaction to then forcefully give grandpa a kiss and hug? Wasn't the interaction between Great-Grandpa and Caylee enough to just savor, and enjoy in and of itself? I wonder if CA was jealous of these tender moments and had to say something to end that interaction? (just my observation)

Something about it reminds me of the Discovery channel combined with an Alfred Hitchcock film. When an animal is stalking its prey.

Have you seen this one?

leeCaseyTony.jpg

I know this if OT but Does anyone know who that is in the window??

I am probably making too much of this picture, but I wonder how many other older pictures show Cindy holding Casey in her lap with Lee off to the side. It's just my opinion that there are probably quite a few of them. I would think Cindy would atleast have her arm around Lee for this picture, while Casey was in her lap, but who knows. In light of past events, Cindy's protection of Casey, I think this picture may depict some of the family dynamics.

Wonder how many Casey put herself in her lap or whomevers... :waitasec:

That picture I posted with Lee in the Hulk get up with his friend Anthony and Casey peeking out the window, shows how demanding of the spotlight Casey seems to always have been.

I think it's interesting how divided we all are on whether KC was controlled or feared. And whether she was basically born bad or made that way. If only we have more info about her childhood. I hope one day more comes out. I remember Lee saying that she started lying in middle school and never stopped. I remember hearing that she buried childhood pets in the area where she dumped the body too (hamsters, etc). If anyone has any information on how many pets she buried, I'd definitely be interested. There might be something to that if her pets kept dying and they kept getting her more and more of them. You never know.

I just really feel like the girl was born bad and their parenting style didn't help. That's the impression I'm getting.

On New Year's Eve I went to visit my friend in TN and the things she shared me about her granddaughter gave me a chill! I'll call her M and her granddaughter J. To tell the short version of the story... she has a son 10, granddaughter 13, granddaughter (J) 6. M is a wonderful woman and keeps the granddaughters every other weekend. The oldest 2 are amazing, but I haven't gotten to know the youngest because I moved when she was an infant.

Just in the last couple of months she admitted to me that she is awful. When I went up for a visit, she told me everything that has been going on. Now, my friend really, really has zero tolerance for lies. She said J lies incessantly, and no matter what, will not stop. She even sat her down recently and had a long talk with her about how you have to be honest and kind to have friends and told her that if she lied again, she wouldn't be coming over there for a while (big punishment, she has an indoor pool and everything), not 2 hours later, she was back to lying. She terrorizes the other kids, is manipulative and mean-spirited.. and one time she told her older sister (who is a huge animal lover/vegetarian) that if she didn't do something for her she was going to go kick their dog - who is blind and basically crippled!

M said every time J is around she has to say over and over in her head, "She's my granddaughter. She's my grandaughter..."

I hate to sound like I'm coming down on the kid. I have a niece with some sort of defiant disorder and I am always defending her (she isn't as bad as they say). But I think this could be one of those times when a kid is just born bad. It's sad, and hard to believe, but it happens.

Though obviously not doomed, that child needs help. I hope someone loves her enough to make sure she gets it or her behavior just may continue to worsen.

The only other thing that struck me on Eidetic's original clip was when Caylee was snuggling into great grandpa and CA kept insisting Caylee give Grandpa a hug and kiss. What was CA's need in that moment to draw attention away from this sweet/tender interaction to then forcefully give grandpa a kiss and hug? Wasn't the interaction between Great-Grandpa and Caylee enough to just savor, and enjoy in and of itself? I wonder if CA was jealous of these tender moments and had to say something to end that interaction? (just my observation)
(clipped by me)

CA's interference in that sweet moment bothered me alot. Perfect word you chose. Why not savor it? The warmth GGP seemed to be feeling was priceless. Caylee never appeared scared to me. She seemed to be relaxed and content, with her head resting on his chest, listening to his heartbeat. Why did CA need to direct the moment? Why the need for Caylee to perform?

I realize GGP has had a stroke, so I don't want to read too much into it, but he looked to the side at someone (out of camera range) at the end. I saw a look of aggravation or unhappiness. I perceived it to be in reaction to CA disrupting the moment. So sad.

I think it's interesting how divided we all are on whether KC was controlled or feared. And whether she was basically born bad or made that way. If only we have more info about her childhood. I hope one day more comes out. I remember Lee saying that she started lying in middle school and never stopped. I remember hearing that she buried childhood pets in the area where she dumped the body too (hamsters, etc). If anyone has any information on how many pets she buried, I'd definitely be interested. There might be something to that if her pets kept dying and they kept getting her more and more of them. You never know.

I just really feel like the girl was born bad and their parenting style didn't help. That's the impression I'm getting.

On New Year's Eve I went to visit my friend in TN and the things she shared me about her granddaughter gave me a chill! I'll call her M and her granddaughter J. To tell the short version of the story... she has a son 10, granddaughter 13, granddaughter (J) 6. M is a wonderful woman and keeps the granddaughters every other weekend. The oldest 2 are amazing, but I haven't gotten to know the youngest because I moved when she was an infant.

Just in the last couple of months she admitted to me that she is awful. When I went up for a visit, she told me everything that has been going on. Now, my friend really, really has zero tolerance for lies. She said J lies incessantly, and no matter what, will not stop. She even sat her down recently and had a long talk with her about how you have to be honest and kind to have friends and told her that if she lied again, she wouldn't be coming over there for a while (big punishment, she has an indoor pool and everything), not 2 hours later, she was back to lying. She terrorizes the other kids, is manipulative and mean-spirited.. and one time she told her older sister (who is a huge animal lover/vegetarian) that if she didn't do something for her she was going to go kick their dog - who is blind and basically crippled!

M said every time J is around she has to say over and over in her head, "She's my granddaughter. She's my grandaughter..."

I hate to sound like I'm coming down on the kid. I have a niece with some sort of defiant disorder and I am always defending her (she isn't as bad as they say). But I think this could be one of those times when a kid is just born bad. It's sad, and hard to believe, but it happens.

I passed along this thought to a friend of mine and here was her take on it. Used with permission of course.

There are some children that I met while working for a social service agency that seemed neurologically disabled, basically from birth, and unable to feel any compassion or connection with other children. As a consequence by age six or seven they were in DSS care because they represented a major threat to others as sexual offenders, potential murderers and arsonists. To others these children would seem to be pure evil in what they were capable of doing to others.

I just don't know, however, if one can know what we do about mental abuse and physical damage in children and still turn around and blame the child as evil.

These children were sociopaths. A handful were damaged from severe abuse, but what made the biggest impression on me was that there are children born this way with no particular bad track record of parenting. Saddest of all, of course, was the likelihood that they would require some kind of lifetime care because of the risk they presented to others.

I passed along this thought to a friend of mine and here was her take on it. Used with permission of course.

There are some children that I met while working for a social service agency that seemed neurologically disabled, basically from birth, and unable to feel any compassion or connection with other children. As a consequence by age six or seven they were in DSS care because they represented a major threat to others as sexual offenders, potential murderers and arsonists. To others these children would seem to be pure evil in what they were capable of doing to others.

I just don't know, however, if one can know what we do about mental abuse and physical damage in children and still turn around and blame the child as evil.

These children were sociopaths. A handful were damaged from severe abuse, but what made the biggest impression on me was that there are children born this way with no particular bad track record of parenting. Saddest of all, of course, was the likelihood that they would require some kind of lifetime care because of the risk they presented to others.

I appreciate the insights. I was afraid I'd be flamed for my post. I love kids but something isn't right. What your friend says about how other children view these children is dead on in this case. M's son joined the conversation and kept insisting that she tell me about specific things she had done. He had very strong feelings about her and wanted to share with me different ways she had hurt him (mostly physical).

One thing I left out of the story... M had a son (the girls' father), not much older than me who was so sweet she actually nicknamed him Love. When he was around 25, J had just been born, he shut himself off from the world, started reading the bible and ordering religious literature from TV. When he stopped making sense, she'd gotten him in therapy, but in no time (and I mean over the span of a month), he hung himself and left a 6 page note explaining how he was a prophet and had to die to save the world. It happened before he could even be diagnosed (with I assume schizophrenia).

So there is mental illness in her family. I am surprised that she would turn out like this though. They are such a great, happy, free-spirited, kind-hearted, tight-knit family. And the girl's mother, though odd, is a great mother.

This is really interesting. I remember reading posts by someone here (mamabear, I'm pretty sure) about children like this. Is she still around?

PS Are we hijacking this thread or is it related? My apologies if we are!

Dare I say it? I really think this video is getting way too overanalyzed and more is being put into it than is really there. Don't hurt me!! :)

Dare I say it? I really think this video is getting way too overanalyzed and more is being put into it than is really there. Don't hurt me!! :)

With all due respect I think the fact that there is a mother whose child is dead without any reasonable explanation from her mother, the videos speak volumes.

(clipped by me)

CA's interference in that sweet moment bothered me alot. Perfect word you chose. Why not savor it? The warmth GGP seemed to be feeling was priceless. Caylee never appeared scared to me. She seemed to be relaxed and content, with her head resting on his chest, listening to his heartbeat. Why did CA need to direct the moment? Why the need for Caylee to perform?

I realize GGP has had a stroke, so I don't want to read too much into it, but he looked to the side at someone (out of camera range) at the end. I saw a look of aggravation or unhappiness. I perceived it to be in reaction to CA disrupting the moment. So sad.

You are right on knt! Exactly - CA had a need for Caylee to perform in that moment. It speaks (albeit just a tidbit of info to glean from here) of CA's parenting style. I am speculating here but if KC was always required to "perform" to look good to CA, then the ultimate "performance" for her Mother - may have been her motive for murder.

(clipped by me)

You are right on knt! Exactly - CA had a need for Caylee to perform in that moment. It speaks (albeit just a tidbit of info to glean from here) of CA's parenting style. I am speculating here but if KC was always required to "perform" to look good to CA, then the ultimate "defiant performance" for her Mother - may have been her motive for murder.

No one is going to hurt ya, we are all entitled to our opinions! :twocents:

It would be nice if I could watch these videos and simply see a loving mother playing with her child as she always had etc. but something is so far off with Casey and my brain will not allow me to ignore the strange things that keep standing out to me, especially given the circumstances. If it is proven in a court of law that Casey murdered her daughter, these videos are very relevant to the case interest.

I have always been an observer as well as a good judge of character, so I find these sneak peeks into Caylee's life fascinating, especially where the adults she lived with are concerned.

I would be very interested to see a video of just Casey with her friends :truce:

I'm feel the same way. There is nothing wrong with the way they are playing. If Casey was hurting Caylee; Caylee would cry or react in some manner. All that I can see is Caylee is having fun with her mother.

Watching this beautiful, vibrant, little angel is always difficult for me. Her smile has tugged at my heartstrings for many months. The loss of a child, for any reason is tragic. I see nothing out of the ordinary here. Caylee looks like she is having fun with her mother.I think it is difficult to read a whole lot into what we see in these videos and pictures.

Recently, I was looking through old family pictures and home videos. One could easily misread these. One could find what looked to be child abuse, alcoholism, physical abuse, malnourishment, and insanity from these. The truth being, we are just a typical, average american family.

Every picture of Caylee, whether she is laughing, crying, or smiling, just reminds me of what a lovely child she was. It saddens me to think about how this adorable child was taken so abruptly from this world. In many of the pictures, Caylee seems to be blissfully happy, as she is often smiling or laughing.

If I allow myself to read too much into these videos and pictures, I find myself wondering if CA, GA and KC are truly vile. If I allow myself to believe the multitude of terrible things said about these 3 people, then I have to wonder what kind of a future Caylee would have had in store for her. Growing up in a household with such manipulative, conniving, self centered, controlling, lying, god awful people that these 3 have been made out to be, I wonder how long it would have been before Caylee’s blissful laughter turned into bitter tears of pain. I have to believe what I see in these videos and pictures as typical behavior. For me to do otherwise, just increases the sadness I already feel.

Watching this beautiful, vibrant, little angel is always difficult for me. Her smile has tugged at my heartstrings for many months. The loss of a child, for any reason is tragic. I see nothing out of the ordinary here. Caylee looks like she is having fun with her mother.I think it is difficult to read a whole lot into what we see in these videos and pictures.

Recently, I was looking through old family pictures and home videos. One could easily misread these. One could find what looked to be child abuse, alcoholism, physical abuse, malnourishment, and insanity from these. The truth being, we are just a typical, average american family.

Every picture of Caylee, whether she is laughing, crying, or smiling, just reminds me of what a lovely child she was. It saddens me to think about how this adorable child was taken so abruptly from this world. In many of the pictures, Caylee seems to be blissfully happy, as she is often smiling or laughing.

If I allow myself to read too much into these videos and pictures, I find myself wondering if CA, GA and KC are truly vile. If I allow myself to believe the multitude of terrible things said about these 3 people, then I have to wonder what kind of a future Caylee would have had in store for her. Growing up in a household with such manipulative, conniving, self centered, controlling, lying, god awful people that these 3 have been made out to be, I wonder how long it would have been before Caylee’s blissful laughter turned into bitter tears of pain. I have to believe what I see in these videos and pictures as typical behavior. For me to do otherwise, just increases the sadness I already feel.

When I see pictures of Caylee, I do not see a child who is blissfully happy.
I see a child who is told to smile for the camera. Most of the shots of her are posed. If there were some natural shots of Caylee playing or with other children, I may have another opinion. Caylee learned how to smile, whether she was happy or not.

The videos of Casey and Caylee are not of mother and daughter. IMO they are like siblings (jealous ones ) What Casey was doing in that video was all for show for Cindy and George and probably more so, because it was being recorded. Nothing about her behavior is motherly.

When I see pictures of Caylee, I do not see a child who is blissfully happy.
I see a child who is told to smile for the camera. Most of the shots of her are posed. If there were some natural shots of Caylee playing or with other children, I may have another opinion. Caylee learned how to smile, whether she was happy or not.

The videos of Casey and Caylee are not of mother and daughter. IMO they are like siblings (jealous ones ) What Casey was doing in that video was all for show for Cindy and George and probably more so, because it was being recorded. Nothing about her behavior is motherly.

I personally would like to know why the focus in the first part of the video with Caylee on Casey's knees seemed to be more on Casey's face than Caylee's. In fact, there seems to even be more interest in the fact that Caylee's feet kick Casey in the face.

Endearing video or obsessive and voyeuristic concentration?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member