Casey & The Anthonys: The Early Years

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Seems that what lead to it is likely KC's sociopathy. That's something for which the cause is unknown (prolly heredity AND enviornment, IMHO). And, there is no cure or effective known treatment.

Most sociopaths are male. Only one or two percent are female, that we know of, so far. That percentage is thought to be growing. That means 30,000,000-60,000,000, in the US, that we know of.

Most sociopathic mothers who kill feel that the child is a burden. They either want a specific man who does not want a child, or just want more personal freedom.

KC had wanted to go to Puerto Rico with friends, and had no baby sitter. AL's house was always "on a 24 hour schedule." A child did not fit in, when people were sleeping on the floor.

Then, CA lit into KC for stealing from granddad, and for being irresponsible.

Early 20s is WAY too late to try to teach your kid to be responsible.

I think that's what happened. Sad and simple.

My theory is that had KC been allowed to be jailed the FIRST time she offended, she might have chosen to obey the law just out of self-preservation. Most sociopaths do that.

MOO
Snipped a bit.
I agree with this synposis as well. It's perfectly illustrated and very simple. She wanted freedom to be young and hang with her friends and she wanted freedom from her mom's naggings about being an irresponsible or unfit mom. In her twisted mind, murder was the way to do that. I also do think an element of anger at her mom and perhaps a desire to avenge that anger might have played a part.

You're kidding! I hope the mods put a stop to that kind of nonsense. We are lucky to get any tiny bit of info from those who know a thing or two about the players in this case and I would think that nastiness and accusations does nothing more than to possibly chase these people away. What a shame!

ohh they do! JBean keeps on top of it, she's great and Dante has been a good sport, keeps coming back- gotta love him!

as is often the case with people like casey i suspect it wasn't so much that she was shy, she just didn't have any interest in the people she went to school with. They weren't her "type". Once out of school she was able to surround herself with people of her own choosing.

ita!!

I could swear that Cindy's brother Rick said that George is not Casey's bio dad? I'll look for the info.

No, Rick said both Lee and Casey are George and Cindy's natural children. Cindy also said the same thing on the witness stand at the bond hearing.

snipped a bit.
I agree with this synposis as well. It's perfectly illustrated and very simple. She wanted freedom to be young and hang with her friends and she wanted freedom from her mom's naggings about being an irresponsible or unfit mom. In her twisted mind, murder was the way to do that. I also do think an element of anger at her mom and perhaps a desire to avenge that anger might have played a part.

ita!!

You seem to get her the way I do. I was raised by a "Cindy".
Yeah, I have an in-law who is one and who still has three young children at home who we are always trying to rescue. It's one he!! of a battle to make sure that these little guys are not permanently damaged but they have all suffered one way or another and I'm very afraid for them. It has caused a lot of heartache in my house because we know exactly what the risks are to being raised this way but we are pretty helpless to change much, without trying to get a guardianship and I think it would be hard to do. Emotional abuse is low on the list of priorities for the courts. We also feel a bit sorry for my mother-in-law because she's clearly just a damaged person who does not always seem to know what the heck she's doing. We have a special ring on our phone so we know when she's calling because the phone rings non-stop, even late into the night with cryptic pleas for help or outright lies about "emergencies". Kids are in bad need of therapy but she does not trust the doctors, so they get none. Opportunities we try to provide for them like outtings to the beach, museums, etc, or enrolling them in soccer, or taking them to a friend's B-day party, or outdoor ed. camp, their mom tries to sabotage these things with sudden proclamations that the kids were "bad" two weeks ago and now can't go. All of it comes from either jealousy or fears of abandonment. If you have not already done so, a great book by Ann Lawson, I think, called Understanding the Borderline Mother, was so instrumental in helping us know that we're not the crazy ones - she is. It also really helped explain why she does the things she does and how to handle her behavior. It has helped me in dealing with other people with BPD who I unforuntaely have to deal with.

If the final
designator is missing in the transfer, add it in after the quoted material. Hopefully that will do the trick! Thanks, I know it adds extra work on your part, but the dates are relevant to the discussion as well.
It will allow the reader to go directly to the original quote in order to see. Much of this is speculation that may have been appropriate before the most recent arrest, but seems less significant now.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, elfie. It wouldn't work. I received an error if the end quote was closed.

Early on CA made a very strange statement when confronted that Caylee may be dead, she said something like "oh no, NOT AGAIN" - I thought that was VERY strange. I remember asking if anyone knew if there had been a child prior.

Yes, I would love to read that! Maybe the bad seed has a history that we don't know about.
At this point, nothing would surprise me.

Since Casey fits the "profile", at least from what we do know, of being a sociopath, it is possible that she did hurt animals or other children when she was younger. (The one who would know this information, unfortunately for the sake of both truth and justice, is Cindy.) The sociopath does not have any empathy for the creatures that they torment, human and animal alike. I personally think the "secret" IS Casey and her mental state.
I believe they have know for a VERY long time that Casey had mental problems of a serious nature, and rather than deal with them, much as the parents Seung Hui Cho, of the Virginia Tech massacre, they were ashamed, and tried to deal with it themselves, rather than seeking help for her. I think they may have even been medicating her THEMSELVES, and having a mother in the nursing profession I know they can "get" anything they need or want from a doctor in "their" hospital, and I think they were getting "things" FOR Casey.I honestly believe if the full truth of everything were to come to light, then we would see a family who have struggled for many years with the mental instability of one of their members (Casey) and we would see that Cindy took it upon herself to diagnose and treat Casey with drugs that she obtained from her work. I would not hesitate to say that Casey had access to drugs in her own home, as it has been widely published that Cindy is heavily medicated...was she before this happened? and what drugs DID they keep in the house? and who were those drugs for? and did any come up missing when Caylee came up missing or anytime before? who had access and knowledge of these "drugs" if they in fact existed at all...There IS a secret, and a well kept one.

I would like to add that a good teacher would notice these traits early in Casey's life. I have seen first and second grade teachers correctly asses the future of some bad "seeds." Teachers get to see a side of children that parents do not always see. And MANY parents discount these observations. I am thinking of one child in our neighborhood in particular. He bothered me because our dog intensely disliked this child and our dog loved everyone. At 7, he was already exhibited very disturbing traits.

These mental issues don't happen in a vaccuum.

George Anthony, Casey Anthony's father, is a former deputy sheriff in Trumbull County, Ohio, who moved his family to Orlando in 1989. Since then, he has held various security-related jobs. For a time, he was a security guard at the Sentinel.

George Anthony filed for dilssolution of marriage (AKA divorce) from Cynthia Anthony on 12/29/05. The order was dismissed on 11/28/2007.

According to Eddy, Casey and her parents, Cindy and George Anthony, originally are from Niles and moved to Orlando in 1989. Eddy's wife, Kathy, is George's sister. Casey's brother, Lee, also lives in Florida.

http://whereiscaylee.com/index.php?topic=6.0

This isn't very early info, and its mostly about George so I don't know if it will work here but it did say they were originally from Niles and I thought it might be helpful in the search.

Good info. Thanks, Mom!

Yeah, I have an in-law who is one and who still has three young children at home who we are always trying to rescue. It's one he!! of a battle to make sure that these little guys are not permanently damaged but they have all suffered one way or another and I'm very afraid for them. It has caused a lot of heartache in my house because we know exactly what the risks are to being raised this way but we are pretty helpless to change much, without trying to get a guardianship and I think it would be hard to do. Emotional abuse is low on the list of priorities for the courts. We also feel a bit sorry for my mother-in-law because she's clearly just a damaged person who does not always seem to know what the heck she's doing. We have a special ring on our phone so we know when she's calling because the phone rings non-stop, even late into the night with cryptic pleas for help or outright lies about "emergencies". Kids are in bad need of therapy but she does not trust the doctors, so they get none. Opportunities we try to provide for them like outtings to the beach, museums, etc, or enrolling them in soccer, or taking them to a friend's B-day party, or outdoor ed. camp, their mom tries to sabotage these things with sudden proclamations that the kids were "bad" two weeks ago and now can't go. All of it comes from either jealousy or fears of abandonment. If you have not already done so, a great book by Ann Lawson, I think, called Understanding the Borderline Mother, was so instrumental in helping us know that we're not the crazy ones - she is. It also really helped explain why she does the things she does and how to handle her behavior. It has helped me in dealing with other people with BPD who I unforuntaely have to deal with.

I'm sorry for what your family is having to go through. My mom is much better now that she is older... she still has her issues, don't get me wrong. She has also gone through DBT therapy and we have finally found a medication that helps her. It was horrible though for many many years, I never knew what safe felt like. I'd wake up each morning wondering if I'd be loved or hated, praised or degraded. It is an awful way for children to have to grow up.

Even still, it's no excuse for what Casey is accused of doing to her daughter.

There's already a multi-part thread on Casey's psychological profile. If this thread goes down the path of psych profiling, I imagine it will be merged with that one.

For myself, I was looking more for facts, events, incidents. More concrete information.

I'm easy though. Happy to go with what the majority want :)

There's already a multi-part thread on Casey's psychological profile. If this thread goes down the path of psych profiling, I imagine it will be merged with that one.

For myself, I was looking more for facts, events, incidents. More concrete information.

I'm easy though. Happy to go with what the majority want :)

I would be interested in hearing more about events and incidents as well. But for all the amount of information that this case has generated, that information just doesn't seem to be there. Perhaps it will come out at the trial?

It's interesting...How little information there is. Almost nothing. Have been living in a vacuum? How is it possible that no information has surfaced at all?

It's interesting...How little information there is. Almost nothing. Have been living in a vacuum? How is it possible that no information has surfaced at all?

Pinky, I"ve been searching all day, and haven't come up with anything yet except sore fingers lol.

I did talk to a friend in Ohio (who happens to be a registered nurse lol). She's going to see what she find on Wednesday, her next day off. She said she can go to the courthouse and also go to the library and see what they have as far as old newspaper archives.

She'll also get on the internet tomorrow morning and see what she can find that's online locally we might be able to hook up to.

Could they really have lived a perfectly quiet and sedate life all these years until now?

Maybe there are no major incidents to report. Maybe she wasn't overtly a "bad kid". I say this because I think she could have walked the straight and narrow in her formative years in order to appease CA. It wouldn't surprise me if she started acting out after she left high school and was supposed to become a productive member of society. I do not think she posessed the skills to live, work, or mother a child on her own. I feel that somewhere in those years after high school, she sort of breaks from reality. No amount of demanding from CA that KC pull herself together was going to push KC in that direction, in fact, I think it created more stress on KC.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Featherock
Back