Casey to serve one year probation #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to find and pay for my own mental health treatment even though it was part of my probation. Florida provides it for their probationers?! That makes me mad.

My dh did some prison ministry here in FL. It was our experience, with one "outmate," that he was required to pay for his own mental health treatment that was probation directed. (Also, we weren't aware of any probation officers that assisted the outmates in job placement.)

I think I heard on HLN one of the talking heads say that they just hoped that the probation officer would be fair to her and not just come down hard on her in revenge for her being found not guilty in the murder case. What a laugh.

This is why I quit watching HLN after the trial. I've just been too lazy to get up from the computer to go change channels.

Well, I posted it before and will again: She has a talent for photography and that's where her interest lies. Let her hook up with the morgue and shoot photos of the corpses brought in. She will be surrounded by people who don't give a dam who she is. And, I'm quite serious about this idea.

jmo

I don't know -- something creepy about an accused killer photographing victims. But you're right - the corpse wouldn't care who was behind the lens.

I still see *advertiser censored* in her future. I think it is the perfect choice and she already has one big money offer on the table.

I've been sitting watching Vinnie for the last hour and 15 minutes and there are at least two observations I'd like to make. The first is after watching the old videos of FICA I believe a very important point should be made that has escaped the media. Her parents along with JB, DT and the media have created ONE HUGE MONSTER. IMO this girl may very well believe she is a movie star. I would guess at this point she truly believes in her world she lives in called C world she is untouchable. No matter what she chooses to do in her life she will be protected by someone. I watched her being shuffled back and forth with her bodyguards in tow with an aire of entitlement. With an attitude like that I can't see that this girl has learned anything usefull and I can't see her completeing her probation in a succesfull way. Listening to JB's lastest comments I can see how he's trying to repair HIS public image. I wonder if he isn't finally realizing that his new profession as a TV analyst is not going to happen so now he is attempting to convince the public that his intentions are all good and if you hire him to defend you he will go to the ends of the earth, leave no stone unturned to uphold truth, justice and the American way...Unbelievable

I think I heard on HLN one of the talking heads say that they just hoped that the probation officer would be fair to her and not just come down hard on her in revenge for her being found not guilty in the murder case. What a laugh.

This is why I quit watching HLN after the trial. I've just been too lazy to get up from the computer to go change channels.
If they're anything like the parole officers here in Northern Ca., she's got nothing to worry about. They treated Philip Garrido (Jaycee Dugard's captor and rapist) like the Good Old Boys network!:maddening::banghead::banghead::banghead::behindbar:behindbar:behindbar

Just listening to the TH's on HLN about Casey getting therapy while on probation. Again,another mixed message. Sunny H said the DOC doesn't do a good job of providing adequate mental health therapy to probationers and Casey is in need of help.
But,but,but...........she's only convicted of a minor check cashing fraud :waitasec: Why would they need to provide Casey extensive therapy for that? :maddening:
Hi Miss James. ITA. I think if we asked JB why she needed therapy he would probably say that it was due to the trauma of having been incarcerated. He knows that's not true of course, but he can hardly tell the world it's due to the reason she was accused of murdering her daughter.
'Spiritual therapy' doesn't really suggest to me any kind of (medically) getting one's head back together anyhow. It more points to relaxation, time to think and an exercise in the understanding of what is right and wrong.

The media are a bunch of sick pups, IMO. They have been encouraging the hatred since the verdict and it's wrong!

I wonder if we will see proof of any viable threat to FCA or is it just another lie by her DT so she can be excused from complying with the terms of her probation. I bet they haven't reported it to Police! :innocent:

Thanks Watcher 9 for your post. I don't watch anything about Casey Anthony anymore. I get all information here on WS - if it isn't here, I don't know it.

The talking heads WANT something untoward to happen. Then they will tut-tut their way to higher ratings once again.

You are so right - what a laugh.

I don't care where she is living or where she does her probation. Her future is whatever she decides it to be. She may or maynot write a book, get a lot or little money for her efforts, her parole officer may go easy on her or try to be extra hard - She and her family live by their own rules and I think they deserve each other's company. She is called the most hated woman but that is by the media who have a big investment in keeping her that way. There are a lot of people here and on other boards that have followed this case from day one - but there are many people who do not follow these cases at all - who may not know even her name... We here just cannot accept the fact that she got away with murder and we still want to punish her. I hate what she did, hate the jury for failing to do their job, and hate the fact I too want to punish her. Not to accost her or wish anyone else would - just that she will be miserable and out of the public eye so that I don't have to keep hating. Not good for my soul.

Mind you, if I was a server in a restaurant, I would serve her but might secretly spit into her food( or even worse, but no poison) , prior to taking it over to her:crazy:. That would be the extent of my heckling.
+respectfully snipped+

Aw, you're too generous rotterdam. I'd lose my job in preference to serving the felon of the century.

My dh did some prison ministry here in FL. It was our experience, with one "outmate," that he was required to pay for his own mental health treatment that was probation directed. (Also, we weren't aware of any probation officers that assisted the outmates in job placement.)

Yeah I never heard of them helping for either thing.. though I'm not from florida but I've been on probation in 2 different states, CT and SC. My question is why was she not given community service?! That's one of the hardest things for some probationers actually showing up and completing it. I know so many people that I had to do community service with that were no shows all the time and eventually were violated and sent back to jail JUST for not doing community service.

Not sure if I agree with you or not. Aren't we all in danger of some nutjob going on a random killing spree? Is our safety guaranteed at all times? It's not the state of Florida's fault that Casey chose to repeatedly break the law. Why should she get special protection that law abiding citizens don't get? Who is more deserving?

On the other hand, I think it's foolish to downplay the peril she may be in. If some wacko can shoot a peaceful man like John Lennon just for the notoriety, who's to say that Casey, the most hated person in America, is not in danger?

Well said Chilly. Can you imagine if we all woke up tommorrow to a tragic story of some innocent person taking a bullet or being run down for FICA. I would love to see her walk into that probation office all by herself like a grown up but you can't deny the stories we have all read in the past about someone losing their life because some nut job wanted to become famous. I can see the finger pointing now. As long as the media chooses to keep this story alive, as long as the players in this circus feel the need to make public anouncements everytime they pass gas then I feel there is a real need to protect the public from this situation. Honestly I don't really care how she does it, the fact is she is going to have to serve her probation which at the very least will put a crimp in her so called beautiful life. She IS her own worst enemy. As my mother always said..you made your bed now lie in it.

Here in PA, yes P.O. do assists with job placements and are very good at it.
Guess there are always favors to be returned.
That said, many moons ago , I got caught up one time in the wheels/cogs of the justice system as a result of extensive dental surgery/painkiller with an opiate( prescription drug) while driving . Only probation though.
My experience left me with a disdain for the justice system, lying LE, crooked defense attorney(later disbarred), rubber stamping overloaded court system but with tremendous respect for the probation office and other, after the court/prison term, organizations that have to pick up the shattered pieces of human dignity/trust in society.

Yeah I never heard of them helping for either thing.. though I'm not from florida but I've been on probation in 2 different states, CT and SC. My question is why was she not given community service?! That's one of the hardest things for some probationers actually showing up and completing it. I know so many people that I had to do community service with that were no shows all the time and eventually were violated and sent back to jail JUST for not doing community service.

I had community service too. Always showed up, and had much more hours accredited by the manager that I was entitled too. It was a non profit org, that employed mental retarded folks doing assembly work and even went back as a volunteer when I did not have to. It was relative close to my house and never knew it was there. I guess , it depends what kind of community service you get handed down. Scrubbing toilets with a tooth brush probably would have aggravated me.
And yes, I am surprised that KC did not get any community service.

And her wonderful defense teams loves it because they think it makes them
notable. The defense should refuse all interviews and get their notority all on their own without using their client. They are users just like their client and expect payment for their presense. I think there should be a law against attorneys using their own client. They make her promises probably to keep her as a hanger on. They are not doing their client any favors.
I am loosing more and more respect for those people, they are a sad bunch.

They are definitely exploiting the situation. But so are her own parents.

I had community service too. Always showed up, and had much more hours accredited by the manager that I was entitled too. It was a non profit org, that employed mental retarded folks doing assembly work and even went back as a volunteer when I did not have to. It was relative close to my house and never knew it was there. I guess , it depends what kind of community service you get handed down. Scrubbing toilets with a tooth brush probably would have aggravated me.

Let's not tempt fate. jmo

Hi Miss James. ITA. I think if we asked JB why she needed therapy he would probably say that it was due to the trauma of having been incarcerated. He knows that's not true of course, but he can hardly tell the world it's due to the reason she was accused of murdering her daughter.
'Spiritual therapy' doesn't really suggest to me any kind of (medically) getting one's head back together anyhow. It more points to relaxation, time to think and an exercise in the understanding of what is right and wrong.

Spiritual therapy could also mean an exorcist :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Thank you for your candid post.It shows that your experience was positive in the end.That says a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member