Casey To Serve One Year Probation

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of probation is that she has to get a job. Cheney or Baez will probably have her do some filing or answering the phone.

You mean JB and CM have other clients still? Or prospects of clients?

Bill Shieffer on NG thinks the probation probably won't happen after all.. He predicts DT will request a stay until the appeal process is over and will get out of it all together. Hmmm.. this whole case is such a :rollercoaster:

I guess to JB, like Charlie Sheen ... WINNING ... At ANY cost is more important? Blaze of glory? Why not quit while you are ahead?

Again, I'm shocked. Appealing?? Using the same logic I used in my earlier post about one would think Casey would just DO the probation without a fuss because, after all, she did get off for murder -- one would *think* Jose Baez would have taken this opportunity to have the public, at the VERY least, think - well, good - at least she is doing her probation for theft without a problem. This would have been his chance to redeem her a little bit. But, no - he is going to appeal, which just makes the public HATE her even more, spend the people in Florida's money a little bit MORE. What a dope he is.

Can JB represent her?
I thought the State of FL didn't pay for appeals, but I could be wrong. I just thought I remembered HHBP saying she would have to get a public defender for her appeals.
I suppose CM could do it pro bono, but he might be getting sick of that - maybe he'll send LF. She did all the talking last time they were in court.

:talker:

Wow - I just watched JVM for half an hour - with Judge Sedlin and Jane Weintraub! It is absolutely shocking to me that two people can get on a national TV program and spout information that just isn't true - not even close.

Their bottom line - it is wrong, a political statement from sour grapes, egos at stake, - just wow! JVM should be so ashamed of herself!

Fortunately Brad Conway and Mike Brooks some semblance of reality for the few moments that she allowed them to speak - but the rest was complete rubbish! And I've sent her show a "negative" comment - telling her how embarrassed I am for her....Why is she sinking to trash TV? Yeah yeah I know - she's always been like that!

JVM should be ashamed of herself. She lost any chance at me viewing her stupid show when she rudely got up and ran away from an interview she had just begun with the handicapped blond woman who was in court every day to chase after the defense team as they left. I don't even think she let the woman finish answering the question she had asked her... I just could not believe that. I am embarrassed she is representing vegans, there are people out there that are going to think we are all nuts and tacky because of JVM. My heart also goes out to the gay and lesbian community, they probably don't want her as a spokesperson either! :twocents:

Part of probation is that she has to get a job. Cheney or Baez will probably have her do some filing or answering the phone.

I think all she has to prove is that she is lookin for employment!

IMO, regardless of how much money Casey Anthony does or does not make, the only entity that will get money out of her will be the IRS. The suit with TES will go no where; it wasn't Casey that asked them for help. Neither LP nor his diver will get anything. ZG may get awarded a small token amount, but I doubt that. The State of Florida won't be able to recoup the costs of the searches and investigations.

Yes she did ask TM/TES for help in finding a missing Caylee.
Here is his lawsuit :-

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/28525688/detail.html

Can JB represent her?
I thought the State of FL didn't pay for appeals, but I could be wrong. I just thought I remembered HHBP saying she would have to get a public defender for her appeals.
I suppose CM could do it pro bono, but he might be getting sick of that - maybe he'll send LF. She did all the talking last time they were in court.

:talker:

Well they did say if she appealed it would take almost a year for it to go to court she may as well do the probation!

Wait, when is the hearing to recoup costs? Isn't that the 25th or 26th? :eek:

JVM should be ashamed of herself. She lost any chance at me viewing her stupid show when she rudely got up and ran away from an interview she had just begun with the handicapped blond woman who was in court every day to chase after the defense team as they left. I don't even think she let the woman finish answering the question she had asked her... I just could not believe that. I am embarrassed she is representing vegans, there are people out there that are going to think we are all nuts and tacky because of JVM. My heart also goes out to the gay and lesbian community, they probably don't want her as a spokesperson either! :twocents:

The Issues show is used for a personal agenda and opinion IMO it typically presents a one-sided story -- fair and balanced?

As a result of mistakes made one night, I was arrested, charged, found guilty of dui, and sentenced to among other things, one year probation. I was completely guilty and assume all responsibilty. The year of probation was NO BIG DEAL.

At most a minor inconvience of having to report to my po for 30 minutes once a month for the first 9 months, and after that mailing in the forms for the final 3.

I traveled out of state every other weekend for 4 of the months, and never had a problem getting a travel pass. These travels were of pleeasure trips, I could fill out the forms a month at a time. All I had to do was list why I was going there (I live(d) in Florida, and had (have) seasons tickets to the Dallas Cowboys, and went to most their games, home and away, how I would be getting there, and where I would be staying. I was never denied a travel permit. I did not work, nor did I have any verifiable income in the state of Florida.

The biggest pain? The $20 I had to pay each month had to be in the form of a money order - I had to stop some where and get 12 of them.

I hear ya!!

I think it's probably pretty easy for people who have never served probation to assume it's "no big deal". It's not about the showing up it's about the behaving & following the laws.. for those who have proven they don't know how to do those things, probation is usually anything but "no big deal".

Probation.Probation officer,No booze. No weed. No hanging with those who do. Drop out job hunt=flipping burgers and/or cleaning restrooms. Reporting in. Surprise visits. Now that's the Bella Vita.

BS opined that JB will appeal and there will be a stay.
NG insists an oral judgment trumps a clerical error.
I guess we shall see.:floorlaugh:

I'm hoping Casey will have to serve while the appeals process is ongoing. Don't most felons have to start their sentences even if they are appealing the conviction?
I know this is a bit different,but I would still think she would have to start the sentence as ordered.

What Judge would issue a stay? This is just more garbage and just b/c JB asks for a stay does that automatically get granted? These people irk the $hi7 out of me. Petty little @$$3$. Time to say "Goodnight" before I get ugly.

Do those theme parks knowingly employ felons?
Not Disney, IMO. They have strict rules and regulations (at least that's what I was told once upon a time by a park employee). but...isn't Disney and ABC affiliated?

I believe if she becomes a full time student that will over ride the employment requirement.

Not such an easy thing. I wanted to be a nurse.. I couldn't, so I figured ok, maybe because it's a drug conviction- I'll be something else.. everything I looked into except for agricultural, office or computer related fields required a background check before I could even get accepted into the school- they won't even consider you for 7 years after conviction, some go back a lifetime! Felony's follow you for the rest of your life!

As a result of mistakes made one night, I was arrested, charged, found guilty of dui, and sentenced to among other things, one year probation. I was completely guilty and assume all responsibilty. The year of probation was NO BIG DEAL.

At most a minor inconvience of having to report to my po for 30 minutes once a month for the first 9 months, and after that mailing in the forms for the final 3.

I traveled out of state every other weekend for 4 of the months, and never had a problem getting a travel pass. These travels were of pleeasure trips, I could fill out the forms a month at a time. All I had to do was list why I was going there (I live(d) in Florida, and had (have) seasons tickets to the Dallas Cowboys, and went to most their games, home and away, how I would be getting there, and where I would be staying. I was never denied a travel permit. I did not work, nor did I have any verifiable income in the state of Florida.

The biggest pain? The $20 I had to pay each month had to be in the form of a money order - I had to stop some where and get 12 of them.

Well FCA and JB are claiming it's a really big deal to her to have to do it.
Risking life and limb apparently.....:innocent:
She will have to show up in public and take a chance on people who are really pizzed off with a murderer getting away with it being there to confront her.
FCA may not share your opinion as to how daunting it will be.. :great:

Was that a felony?
I know someone in CA who also got a DUI and HATED probation. Guess it's all in how you look at things.

All true and I hope your last statement comes true but I doubt it. My guess is the Probation officer will monitor casey by phone contact and that is it!

The only way is if Casey is arrested for drunk and disorderly or theft. That won't happen.

re bold - I don't think the PO is going to go too easy on her - I believe too many people are going to be watching this!
Sorry, I'm 5 hours behind in the comments!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member