Casey To Serve One Year Probation

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is what you and I saw today on the 5th District website.

I don't think so. What we saw was an appeal filed 7/20/11. It has to be the 4 convictions. Now I see this there:

08/16/2011 Motion To Relinquish Jurisdiction Attorney General - Appellee
08/17/2011 Order to Show Cause 08/22/2011 AA FILE A RESPONSE AND SHOW CAUSE ON OR BEFORE MONDAY, 8/22 WHY AE'S MOT RELINQ JURIS SHOULD NOT BE GRANTED. AA MAY FAX A COPY OF ITS REPONSE TO THE COURT AT 386-947-1562 BUT MUST ALSO FILE THE ORIGINAL W/ THE COURT. ATTYS SHALL ALSO EMAIL..

ETA: I went to ask in the lawyers thread and someone beat me to it so hopefully someone will know.

What I'm reading is that the written pronouncement differed from the oral pronouncement.

Yes, we knew that, and HHJP covered that very well in his recent decision. Imagine CM and LF saying the Judge they are being so disparaging about actually changed his mind when it came to the written order.

That takes some "nerve"...

Bold by me. If I remember correctly, TV stated JP winced when LF used the word disqualified when referring to JS, yet they've used it again. Is there a difference in the legal meanings? JMO:read:

disqualified past participle, past tense of dis·qual·i·fy (Verb)
1. Pronounce (someone) ineligible for an office or activity because of an offense or infringement: "he was disqualified from driving".
2. Eliminate (someone) from a competition because of an infringement of the rules.

recuse verb
1. to disqualify (oneself) as judge in a particular case; broadly
2. to remove (oneself) from participation to avoid a conflict of interest

Well, it is an amusing document, but one thing jumped out at me - I am not seeing the word "STAY" or did I miss it with the belly laughs...:innocent:

The defense, you mean? Yep. Unfortunately, the defense is also pointing out that the state knew about it too, and did nothing (an oversight). I hope it all doesn't backfire.

:slapfight: They're playing out their vendettas in these legal proceedings. It makes for very entertaining reading. :popcorn:

Now that's odd, because Mr. George declared in HHJP's court that he did not know until just before the hearing and that the State's office was not noticed by the DOC.

Well, it is an amusing document, but one thing jumped out at me - I am not seeing the word "STAY" or did I miss it with the belly laughs...:innocent:

I didn't see it either. I did a search for the word even and it just came up for quoting their last motion.

What I'm reading is that the written pronouncement differed from the oral pronouncement.

..it did------that was what judgeS amended in the 1st place that caused cheney to file their Motion to quash etc...

..judgeP, in his ruling, stated that oral trumps written...(backed up with case law...and The Florida Supreme Court..)

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/28848050/detail.html
---Judge Perry ruling on Motion to Quash---

"The first question to be addressed is whether the Court had jurisdiction to correct its own written judgement when it does not reflect what was orally pronounced.
It is axiomatic that oral pronouncements control over clerical errors.
The Court has the authority to correct its judgement.

An order is rendered, valid, and binding when orally given.
It may be corrected at any time to reflect what the Court had in fact done.

Florida has long recognized a Court’s inherent power to correct clerical errors."

AmyPavukOS Amy Pavuk
Florida Bar confirms it's investigating #josebaez because of #caseyanthony probation issue. That and appeal info: thesent.nl/o5zNcQ

Also on Wednesday, The Florida Bar told the Orlando Sentinel that defense attorney Jose Baez is the target of an investigation related to the probation issue.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...ony-probation-appeal-20110817,0,4260800.story

edited to add link

@OSCaseyAnthony
Casey Anthony News
Casey Anthony News
Florida Bar confirms it's investigating #josebaez because of #caseyanthony probation issue. That and appeal info: thesent.nl/o5zNcQ

I gotta tell ya, for people who want to "protect" and "rehabilitate" FCA, they seem to be putting a bullet in her head themselves. First the verdict, then the appealing lieing, now appealing probation? Wow, if she wasn't the most hated woman in america yesterday she sure is now. I didn't think I could hate her more...

A word search? :waitasec: Clever person - I read the whole darned thing looking for it!:floorlaugh:

You're a brave soul. I can't read it again. I didn't catch that it said HHJS "changed his mind". I guess LF was speaking too fast in my head and I missed it. :) Hopefully it'll get quoted somewhere.

Y'all are fast...LOL!

I came here to post the Baez investigation article and see it's already posted.

Interesting...when this appeal came out I immediately noticed the absence of Baez's name and went searching...I knew something was amiss in "Casey World"...Baez has been too quiet!

Also, when reading HHJP's denial / response to their motion to vacate...I knew then that his reference to conduct toward the tribunal had to have been in there for a reason. KWIM?

I'm so excited to see the FL Bar publicly admit to a...another...investigation...but am afraid to get my hopes up that this attorney, for lack of a better word, will be stopped.

Goody...now off to re-read my post regarding HHJPs response. IIRC, I looked up all of those cases referenced in the FL Bar Rules section quoted in that motion...and they had some strikingly similar appearance to the "routine Baez conduct", IMO...to include some presentation of information to the court which you know is false...fraudulent, etc.

Y'all are fast...LOL!

I came here to post the Baez investigation article and see it's already posted.

Interesting...when this appeal came out I immediately noticed the absence of Baez's name and went searching...I knew something was amiss in "Casey World"...Baez has been too quiet!

Also, when reading HHJP's denial / response to their motion to vacate...I knew then that his reference to conduct toward the tribunal had to have been in there for a reason. KWIM?

I'm so excited to see the FL Bar publicly admit to a...another...investigation...but am afraid to get my hopes up that this attorney, for lack of a better word, will be stopped.

Goody...now off to re-read my post regarding HHJPs response. IIRC, I looked up all of those cases referenced in the FL Bar Rules section quoted in that motion...and they had some strikingly similar appearance to the "routine Baez conduct", IMO...to include some presentation of information to the court which you know is false...fraudulent, etc.

We know they get their ideas from social media!

It sure does not seem there is much to "probe" here in the BAR investigation. The DT admitted knowing of the probation mistake in court. But what would the BAR do to JB here, if they chose to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fangirl88