"Casey Town" to house trial media

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
<snip>

I find it offensive on many levels. Not the least of which is that Casey Anthony will LOVE it.
omg...just what she always wanted - center stage.

major ugh.

Geesh...as CA is always in competition with ICA, we'll probably have to watch as "Cindy-ville" is put up by CA and GA, next to Casey Town. *rolleyes*

It's like the "foxy Knoxy" moniker. Completely crass, devoid of professionalism and it minimized and devalued the impact of a horrible murder. What's with the media and the childish need to sound like some carnival barker with the rhymes and clever names?? Aren't they just supposed to report the news?

Also, can we say "tot mom"?:sick:

Casey Town. How utterly terrible. I would like to see it called something more appropriate like "The Gallows".

Casey Town. How utterly terrible. I would like to see it called something more appropriate like "The Gallows".

I think if this comes to pass, and it's mentioned by the media at trial, then you will see protestors. Like Geragos's boat stunt, people will flood the area with flowers from all over the world in honour of Caylee - NOT Caysey. Hmmm...nowhere to sit in Casey World? Better look at the beauty around you and remind yourself about what this case is really about - Caylee Marie Anthony!

MOO

Mel

This media village that contains Casey's name makes me sick. I'd much rather it be called Caylee's town.

AB-SO-FREAKING-LUTELY!!!! :steamed:

She is basking in this news and that sickens me more than I can put into words.

I guess I need to tell myself to let her enjoy this attention.....because soon she will be just another number in another cell. A forgotten child murderess. (Hope I can pacify myself with this.)

JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE!!!

:cow:

I haven't read this thread, but must say I hate the idea of "Casey Town"....if anything, it should be dubbed "Caylee Town"...:(

Exactly! So what's wrong with referring to it as the media center ? I'm with you though, why does it even need a name ?
The trial's about a heinous murder of a 2 year old by her mother ... a 1st degree murder trial, FPS !! "Casey Town" is just wrong on so many levels ... OS should be ashamed ...
:twocents:

Also, I just can't help but think naming it "Casey Town" will encourage all kinds of things like vendors selling T-shirts or the Ants hawking their Caylee bears ... disgusting ... it's just so wrong

I agree, why can't they just call it M Base or Base M? Something to reflect what it actually is? Or Caylee's Corner....something simple that does not hype the name of Caylee's murderer? For some reason this is really getting under my skin, I haven't felt this upset since I found out CA wanted to(and possibly did) give investigators the dog's brush and say it was Caylee's!! :furious:

MOO

As many of you have said, this is simply a reporter's 'great headline' and I am sure the Orlando Sentinel is already regretting using it :) It is good to remember, though, that by the time the media has set up this 'staging area', the trial will be starting and the jury will be sequestered, so they will not know any of this. At this forum and others, 'we' are taking this case personally and watching it carefully so of course something like this will get our hackles up. In my case, I don't care what they call the media area, just as long as all of them report on the GUILTY verdict - and report it again, and again and again :)

I am livid, how dare they! She is not a celebrity for crying out loud!

ETA I would rather it be called Guilty As He**-VILLE!

Loving it MD.

Or how about.... "Primper's Plot", mix a little of the obvious with a little bit of innuendo. Kinda works huh?

moo

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/blog/behind-the-news/os-casey-town-explanation-20110228,0,510465.story

After the second meeting, at which local bloggers also were invited, it was clear that Orange County and Orlando are going to see some things they've never seen before. Things that only a handful of cities (think LA, for O.J. Simpson and Michael Jackson trials) witnessed.

The media, as a group, agreed to help court officials by putting themselves all in one place, an attempt to make logistics and security easier for all. And that one place, a production official said off-handedly at one of the meetings, was a "Casey Town" of media.

Too bad they weren't listening :floorlaugh: to LEE Alexander: Then they could call it "CMA" as in CAYLEE's MEDIA ARMY! :rocker:

OR

"CMA" as in CAYLEE's MANY ADVOCATES! :rocker:

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2011/02/casey-anthony-what-about-casey-town.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+entertainment%2Ftv%2Ftvguy+%28TV+Guy%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

&#8220;First, my apologies that the origins of the Casey Town designation were not clear in Friday night&#8217;s story about the media area for the Casey Anthony trial. The term &#8216;Casey Town&#8217; came out of a previous meeting media members had with court administrators about guidelines for trial coverage."

"How often will you see the term &#8220;Casey Town&#8221; or &#8220;Camp Casey&#8221;? I have no idea, but they do sound flip for the circumstances."

BBM - yes they do and hopefully all the stink made over this will now stop anyone from enraging the jury with these terms. There you go JB - just gave you an idea for a real motion. Ahhhh, nevermind - you will never figure it out, much less have the command of the English language to pull it off.

---------> Adding another link:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busi...asey-town-explanation-20110228,0,510465.story

His Honor mentioned that the "bookers" were in town to try to book jurors on tv shows. Is that legal or ethical? Just curious.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back