Casey Turning Herself In on NEW Charges

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard on FOX she's in,and could be out in hours,hope she's back by her curfew 4:00.

Tow yards have to have security. High fences and usually dogs - if they didn't people would break in and just take back their cars.

So, to get a dead body in that car, someone would have to HAVE a dead body to begin with - get it over a fence, break into a car trunk (leave no evidence or prints) and then escape. Why THT car???? How many other cars were accessible. It's a defense but a poor one. Tow yards are responsible for the vehicles in their possession so they would not just have them sitting there waiting to be broken into.

To convict a person of murder, a jury has to believe "beyond a reasonable doubt" that that person is guilty. I would say that lapse in evidence is a reasonable doubt.

Yes, why that car, hard to do, risky -- but, newest in = closest to the door? Trunk big enough? I don't want to argue too much (last time I did I got a time out) but you can see what I'm saying I'm sure.

There's doubt enough there to get acquitted. Feeling isn't supposed to play in to a verdict.

thank you for agreeing, I thought everyone was ignoring me :eek:

LOL, don't take it personally at all. These threads go so fast. Plus, you have the professional know-how to help decipher fact vs. theory/rumor and so people should definitely take what you say to heart. ;-)

Last time when they revoked the bond, it was because they came in in the middle of the night and revoked it.

So how many new charges are there? I heard there were going to be 12 new charges for a total of 22.

Petty Theft, Issuance of a Fraudulent financial document and Theft of Personal Identification for the purpose of Criminal Use.

Isn't the theft of ID charge a new type. Petty theft and issuing a fraudulent document, those we are used to. But I hadn't heard her stealing ID before.
Or is that from her using Cindy's credit card?

22 charges at 5-7 each is roughly 110 years. She'll maybe do 2. 1 1/2 with good behavior, and then 2 years probation. JB is good, afterall.

My little brother was in a similar situation with checks -- he was looking at 88 years, he did 11 months. On probie until 2012; but still, it's a joke.

Tow yards have to have security. High fences and usually dogs - if they didn't people would break in and just take back their cars.

So, to get a dead body in that car, someone would have to HAVE a dead body to begin with - get it over a fence, break into a car trunk (leave no evidence or prints) and then escape. Why THT car???? How many other cars were accessible. It's a defense but a poor one. Tow yards are responsible for the vehicles in their possession so they would not just have them sitting there waiting to be broken into.
Not to mention breaking BACK IN to remove the body, again leaving no trace of break-in.

I don't think Cindy should concentrate on that angle too much, since it would imply that someone with the car keys would be responsible...

It's more than likely the checks. She'll walk in, wait two hours and walk right back out on bond.

That feeling of deja poo is back.
(Deja poo: the feeling that we've done this crap before.)

lol Glad you defined that!!

http://www.orangecountyfl.net/bailbond/

Link to the OCSO inmate database. You can type in her name and see when she is in the system.

Also, http://myorangeclerk.com/, you can see all the charges for KC that are in the system so far.
Please note: a Third Degree Felony carries a sentence of up to 5 years either prison or probation or a combination of both, and a First Degree Midemeanor carries up to 1 year in jail or probation or a combination of the two. Misdemeanors do not get prison time.

To convict a person of murder, a jury has to believe "beyond a reasonable doubt" that that person is guilty. I would say that lapse in evidence is a reasonable doubt.

Yes, why that car, hard to do, risky -- but, newest in = closest to the door? Trunk big enough? I don't want to argue too much (last time I did I got a time out) but you can see what I'm saying I'm sure.

There's doubt enough there to get acquitted. Feeling isn't supposed to play in to a verdict.

Maybe 'feeling' is not supposed to play a part in it, but sometimes it does. I feel that LE has enough to charge Casey now if they wanted to.

"Beyond a reasonable doubt" works both ways - a jury could feel there there could BE NO REASONABLE DOUBT that Casey was, in fact, guilty given the TOTALITY of the circumstantial evidence.

So, she could indeed be found guilty.

22 charges at 5-7 each is roughly 110 years. She'll maybe do 2. 1 1/2 with good behavior, and then 2 years probation. JB is good, afterall.

My little brother was in a similar situation with checks -- he was looking at 88 years, he did 11 months. On probie until 2012; but still, it's a joke.

Florida law states she has to serve a minimum of 85% of her time before good behavior can kick in. So it's up to how much time the judge gives her.

LOL - you tell me!

This is what Baez was talking about the last time LE came to the house and arrested her. He questioned why they did not let him know of the charges so he could bring her in like this, which is how it is normally done. Guess they would have looked rather foolish if they tried that again! They had the protesters in an absolute frenzy that night, didn't they? IMHO

More pressure tactics.

Personally I am kind of tired of LE arresting her on these piddly charges a little here and there. The bond is cheap and she will walk right out in an hour. When are they going to file the worthy charge? The one she really deserves???

when they get all the evidence. it takes a long time to build a case. it is better for their case if they wait until they have a body. if they bring the case before a grand jury before evidence is ready, defense attorney can get the charges dismissed, and that's the last thing you want to have happen. remember that in legal time, 3 months is pretty short, and there is no statute of limitations on murder, meaning they can file anytime. it would be different if they were going on 10 years without a body, but this is still very early on in the process. I know Law&Order makes it seem like they wrap these things up in 2 days, but in reality, it can take years before a murder case actually goes to trial.

there's definite strategy involved in bringing her up on fraud charges...they want her to sweat it out for awhile, to know that they are on to her and she's not getting away with anything, ANYTHING, that they'll take her to small claims court if they have to. Right now she thinks she has all the power and control over them. the lesser charges are about breaking her down slowly, and it's about them letting her know that "hey, we are onto you, you may think you can fool your family and friends but this is serious now, we will put your clever a$$ in jail".

Casey should really think about staying in jail, she looks so good behind bars (A steel thing), that and a little duck tape over her mouth................we could all be happy.

Okay...someone help me out here, I'm SO confused...The Charges she did not show up for, but pled not guilty are these...

On Thursday morning, Anthony did not have to appear before a judge on the economic theft charges -- two counts of uttering a forged check, two counts of petit theft and two counts of fraudulent use of personal identification.

http://www.myfoxkc.com/myfox/pages/...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.1.1

Now, aren't they the same charges reported by some as to being the NEW charges?

And, if so, could those news sites have it wrong? I wonder because the Sentinel has been SO on top of this story, and they say charges have not been released yet...

I'm probably WAY off base, but could someone straighten poor, old, confused me out? lol...

No, they wouldn't, because LE doesn't have the timeline to link her to the car from Amscot (possibly a little before) to when it got picked up by GA. Remember CA saying "maybe someone put it there when it was at the tow yard?". That's what a lawyer would say too, and they would have to let her out on bond.

They need proof linking a dead body to KC, and right now, I'm thinking they don't have it. :(

That is not really true....the proof is in her trunk. They have proved that there was a dead body in her trunk. And the notion of someone placing a dead body there after Casey abandoned it and then taking it back out again is not even a little plausible. I don't believe any defense lawyer would touch that tale with a ten foot pole.

jmo.

I wonder if George pitched a fit after Cindy's confrontation with that protestor and demanded that Casey go back to jail. Hmm.

And I missed the part about the torso being found. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member