Casey's Behavior Toward Parents and Vice-Versa In Court Apperances

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This case is the most interesting of all time in my view...because of the bizarre dynamics that we all left to wonder about.

It seems so clear that KC was beyond-the-pale jealous of the attention that Caylee got. Maybe it WOULD have been hard to be belittled and berated by the same parent who is now fawning over the child that you produced! And KC wonders...Hey, why didn't they pay that much attention to ME when I was that age..they love Caylee more than me! (and from the looks of the videos...maybe they did!)

There was so much love/hate in that household and the love/hate will continue. Right now KC is loving that she can still upset her Mother by not acknowledging her in the courtroom. It makes her feel that she has the upper hand. This is a family who "withholds" for punishment..and KC learned that from the best!

All of this on top of the fact that the defense is going after CA and GA. Let's see if they are still blowing KC kisses after they find out what is in store for them!

I remember when KC told LE that she wanted to talk to them, and insisted they should call JB to come over and make that happen. As soon as JB got there, KC took cover behind his coat tails and decided she did not want to talk after all.
Maybe KC is putting it out there to some parties (AL, CA & GA), that she would love to see her parents, but is telling her true confidant, JB, that she wants them to stay away-I think that's why he is being made out to be the "hold out" here, he is standing firm for KC's request.
I am not sure KC has or would want to necessarily develop a relationship with AL. JB prolly told her that AL has to be there for the DP stuff, but he is still her superhero. She might not tell AL about wanting her parents to stay away because AL might not "understand" her like JB does.
Just sayin', can't think of why else JB would be so stubborn.

Control. JB may want total control over his wayward client.

BBM...

Because it benefits THEM....:furious:

Anything the A's can get away with will be viewed as a victory for them, IMO. I think this enabling of KC by her parents have now shifted to her defense attorney. KC still has yet to take responsiblity for anything related to her wrong doing...it's always someone else's fault...

CA is the type of personality that you do not tell her what to do and frankly I'm a little surprised she hasn't gone to visit KC, which is against Baez' orders. She doesn't have to speak about anything Caylee but her purpose of going to visit KC would be just that. She needs to know what happened to Caylee from the mouth of her lying child. She knows she is untruthful but....:bang: Both she and GA have said this many times, we do not know what happened to Caylee and if they think they will get the truth out of KC they should know better...what they need to do is read the documents. They will get a sense of truth, only thing is, they can't handle the truth, IMHO...:furious:

I want GA to attend every court date with that huge photo of Caylee as he did for the motion on the autopsy results...not just that little button of Caylee on his shirt...oh wait, I'll bet the prosecutors have a larger than life photo of Caylee, they don't need GA...

They know the truth. They've known it for a long time.

Why cant he bring letters from her family and let them screen it before giving it to her??? As they would any letter that would come in the post ???????
There is something more behind this that I am not clear on....

My guess is: 1) KC doesn't want their letters. Her parents are no longer of any use to her, and, 2) CA and GA really don't want to write to her. They have nothing to say to eachother.

I'm going to guess because the people who scan the letters can't make special exceptions. They have what I'm sure is somewhat of an assembly line and it isn't fair to place Casey's letters before other prisoners whose families are using USPS mail to communicate. I kinda see it like someone cutting in line. No way the prison is going to give KC that kind of special treatment. She can follow the rules and wait in line just like every other inmate.

ETA: If they do this for Casey, then they have to possibly deal with an influx of attorneys bringing in letters for their clients. Considering all they have to deal with in a day, I'm sure they don't want to have a line of lawyers with letters to be reviewed.

I believe the reason for not letting the lawyers bring anything to the prisoners is because a defense lawyer once brought his client a gun. He shot some people. IIRC, he also started a riot.

Does not have to be put before anyone's mail. NO ACCEPTIONS. It just can be screened by the jail's Admin....
And it can also be sent by post...
MY assessment is there is more to this then we know.

If KC and the As wanted to communicate by mail, they could go through the prison mail room, like everybody else. There's no reason to hand-carry anything to KC, even if it was permitted. She's not going anywhere.

I think it's the obvious-- neither side wants to write, and they are making excuses to sound victimized.

The video visits and the letters are the same issue. They go on record. If the family was giving JB letters, he would have to give them to the jail for processing. If he wasn't, but giving them straight to KC.. Then that was a big no-no. Which we have talked about before.

CA has all ways had the ability to write KC a letter. No one is stopping them from doing so. IT sounds like she has been writing them, and thought she was getting away with breaking the rules, by giving them to JB. Whom they now believe hasn't been giving the letters to KC.

Let's see.. she is pissed cause she thought she was scamming the system.. to only learn that she was being scammed. I just had to think about that for a moment. To let that sink in.

I doubt JB can give KC the actual letters. They are being watched. But he could have scanned them into his lap top. In order for her to reply, she would have to do so in front of JB. He would have to type it up. So much for a private moment. Why would she WANT to respond that way? To weird.

I really don't think KC want's correspondence from them. Not video, not letters. AS was already stated, CA wouldn't be able to prevent herself from bringing up Caylee.. and that would just piss off KC. Cause her to say or do something that she shouldn't.. Like she did in the video visit. I really think that is why she is mad at her parents. They just didn't 'get it' soon enough. Their 'all about Caylee' in the begining, left her hanging.

I agree too. JB is getting too in the way and too controlling of KC. She should be allowed her letters from her parents if read first by authorities to weed out any bad stuff. I would love to know what JB says to her about her parents.

She gets every letter that is sent through the mail room. If they write to her at the prison addy, JB would not be able to withhold (if that's what he is doing).

Exactly what I am thinking! Why would Conway feel the need to announce PUBLICLY that Baez has a policy to give all letters to KC, himself? Why wouldn't the Anthonys just start mailing their letters to KC directly and shut up about it? I think Conway was trying to do damage control for his clients because they have obviously been committing a FELONY by allowing Baez to take their letters to KC.

http://www.wesh.com/caseyanthony/20672110/detail.html

Bar Clears Baez Of Ethics Claims
POSTED: 4:30 pm EDT September 1, 2009

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The Orange County Jail said Tuesday that its re-emphasis on the ban for lawyers bringing personal letters into the jail has nothing to do with Casey Anthony's attorney.
Administrators have posted a sign strongly reminding lawyers visiting the facility that it is a felony to bring in contraband items, including personal letters.

Sorry I came into this conversation late.

Are the A's committing the felony or is Baez? Wouldn't it be fair to say they gave him the letters and assumed he was handling them according to County Rules. He could have been checking the content, then mailing them. Once they are out of the A's hands, how they got to KC would be her attorney's problem not theirs. Right or not so much?

We have been aware of this rule from the beginning and all along there have been comments made right on this forum suggesting Baez was handling her mail inappropriately. All because of a because of a comment made either by Baez or KC way back when. I'm sorry, I don't remember exactly how it was said or by who. It's been some time ago now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:birthday:Happy 2nd Birthday Sweet Emma. We are thinking of you with lots of love.

Respectfully snipped...
Thank you for posting this. I have been b!tching about this since the hearing when Jose turned his face towards the camera and whispered something to KC where his lips plainly said "YOUR PARENTS" She then turned to them giving her best Hollywood Half Smile and didn't look at them long enough to see them respond.

Why they keep putting themselves thru this for her is out of my realm. Brad may not be able to control them but he surely can do a better job protecting them.

George and Cindy!! Stay home watch the hearing on TV or on your computer. Stop feeding into the games they play. It is sick!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Because the As enjoy the games as much as KC and JB do.

The whole A family has been playing games forever. And, nobody has walked away from, or confronted the family games. That's all it would take to stop them.

ITA. The cold shoulder approach isn't playing well. IMO, I don't think this strategy is working to her benefit at all. Matter of fact it appears to me that KC is ungrateful, rude, and shows no compassion or respect for her parents. The giddy girl wasn't good either, but there is somewhere in between. What harm is it to her defense to acknowledge her parents? The ones who have raised her and been her biggest cheerleaders through all this. Does she not know all the things they have done to help her? Hmmmm..perhaps she does know and believes they are mucking things up. :waitasec:

She blames them for everything they have said that she has now seen or learned of, to the police, to the FBI, she has been told they are harming her case by being on TV interviews asking for donations, she is pissed they creamated her daughter and that she didn't get to decide, she resents and hates them. Recently Brad said publicly that Baez has been monitoring/keeping letters they give him to give to her so they have decided to go around him and start mailing letters to her through the US mail. The defense team makes a defined effort to stand up and block the view of the parents when Casey is being ushered in and out of court, watch closely, so it is not an accident, she does not wish to smile at them. We all know when she wants to, she can stretch her neck and peek through crowds and obstacles to get her wave in, she does not want to! For her not to make the pretense of compassion for them, you are right , is very, very ill advised, what is new?

I think she does not look at them or want to see them because she cannot face them. She is guilty. That is why when GA speaks she cries and she & JB both know that if she was to have a visit from them in prison, she would lose it & confess...

Wouldn't you just love to be a fly on the wall during these JB and AL pow-wows? I wonder what is being discussed between the two...........how much and to what extent is JB being schooled by the Professor!

FWIW, I believe JB has always been intent on controlling his murderous client. She is his "golden goose" and he wants her listening to his advice only (no matter how problematic it is)!

JMO.....

This is a puzzler, in a way. (For me). I can see all of what you posted as being the reason KC has kept her parents at a distance at the hearings--she's a sociopath, she's a murderer, she's mad at them for the "oops" moments, CA making the call, etc. But, there is a little niggling suspicion in my mind (and I may be suffering from an overactive, suspicious nature, so I won't be offended if you disagree).....that she is acting like this to keep them on a short leash. I wonder, I wonder... if she has got some goods on them, i.e., that she knows what they (may) have done in a cover up, and could easily and willingly throw them under the bus if it came to that. So, *keep your place, Mom and Dad, and if I look your way for a nanosecond, consider it a gift* Just my random musings and MOO. I could be full of it, though, and have it all wrong.

Eunice, she CAN'T having anything on them that's worse than baby murder.

Though, I DO think she's prolly the family expert on pushing buttons.

IMHO, she's doing it because she's a control freak. And, because she's a sociopath, she's better at it than her control-freak mother. No emotions to get in the way.

I am confused...I don't think JB should legally be permitted to intercept their relationship; this should not be...., nor do I believe that they should not be able to just say HI . (that is all HI)

but the idea that they had not been visiting disturbs me too. I do not trust the direction this may be going in --- seems like they are going to play the blame card: and say that life at the Anthony's was so hard for her that she lost her mind.....

They could try. But, the jury would do a floor laugh.

She was a pampered princess. As NG would say, eating bonbons and drivig her free car.

If she cries, "emotional abuse," half the jury will have been there, and survived it.

The ship has LONG sailed on a psycho defense. She's been seen by two shrinks who found her legally sane. She apparently doesn't have any school or medical records pointing to abuse or psych problems.

Stick a pitchfork in her, folks! She's well and truly done.

KC may be mad as H3LL with G&C or JB may be telling her not look or interact with her parents-both are possible! But, if I were JB (thank God I'm not) and I was trying to defend this murderer-I would probably try to limit any type correspondence or video that would help LE also!! I mean those Anthony's have put their foot in their stories more times than we can count! And with Fla. having the Sunshine Law-we have seen and heard ALOT!!
Now, that AL is in the picture and wants the family to visit and receive letters-we'll see if this is all about JB's control or KC's disgust with George and Cindy!
thohthedrama.gif

An attorney once told me that most criminals convict themselves out of their own mouths.

He also told me that defendants who bring in dream teams in nice suits, and passing around papers automatically make a jury suspicious of guilt.

He said he showed up at court alone, in a cheapish suit. He'd look a little lonely and forlorn. He'd even stumble over a word or two, while talking to the jury (they'd lean forward and offer him the word).

He said it worked well. I guess it did. He was rich.

The video visits and the letters are the same issue. They go on record. If the family was giving JB letters, he would have to give them to the jail for processing. If he wasn't, but giving them straight to KC.. Then that was a big no-no. Which we have talked about before.

CA has all ways had the ability to write KC a letter. No one is stopping them from doing so. IT sounds like she has been writing them, and thought she was getting away with breaking the rules, by giving them to JB. Whom they now believe hasn't been giving the letters to KC.

Let's see.. she is pissed cause she thought she was scamming the system.. to only learn that she was being scammed. I just had to think about that for a moment. To let that sink in.

I doubt JB can give KC the actual letters. They are being watched. But he could have scanned them into his lap top. In order for her to reply, she would have to do so in front of JB. He would have to type it up. So much for a private moment. Why would she WANT to respond that way? To weird.

I really don't think KC want's correspondence from them. Not video, not letters. AS was already stated, CA wouldn't be able to prevent herself from bringing up Caylee.. and that would just piss off KC. Cause her to say or do something that she shouldn't.. Like she did in the video visit. I really think that is why she is mad at her parents. They just didn't 'get it' soon enough. Their 'all about Caylee' in the begining, left her hanging.

bbm. BINGO! Let's not forget that Cindy (and the rest of the A's) have an overwhelming sense of "entitlement" and arrogance when it comes to their precious Princess-"I'm-so-Frushtrated" KC. Who can forget the Caylee bracelet being slipped into KC's sock?? :rolleyes:

As I understood it, JB wasn't allowed to bring in letters from the family, so if he has been, he has been breaking the law. So, this could either be a genuine effort on the A's part to have some contact with KC, or a very thought out plan to divert attention away from the fact that JB may have been secretly delivering mail to KC from CA & GA all along, breaking the rules. You know! A "cover my a&&" tactic? KWIM?

Or a "let's make a fuss, so we can get some attention" tactic.

So, you think that the reason the jail says it has strengthened the enforcement of this policy is because perhaps JB violated it and got caught? When I watched the video, it did make me wonder why all of a sudden the jail was making a point to say it was ensuring it was adhering to the policy. Why the need to say that now?

You KNOW why, love!:blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss:

Even though they say it has nothing to do with him, I'd bet my last Nutter Butter that it does, whether directly or indirectly. Could they have found a letter in KC's "dorm" from her 'rents that they know wasn't cleared through the jail? Makes me wonder why they feel the need to let the attorneys know something that they already know. Kinda like when you work in a retail store and they have a big ta-do over not stealing. Everyone already knows that they aren't supposed to steal, so why does the management do it? Cuz they caught someone stealing! :rolleyes:

And, maybe they know who it is. So, they emphasize general policy JUST before the crack-down.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senor710
Back