Casey's car: Did she intend to retrieve it from Amscot or what?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well, at the least, because George kept silent about the earth-shattering secret that Caylee was dead while his wife was becoming increasingly distraught about her absence probably means he is ineligible for the Husband of the Year award from the local Marriage Encounter group, I suppose.

And, being thoroughly aware that Casey was staying away from home to avoid a direct confrontation with her mother about Caylee's absence (if not her death, which she hasn't owned up to to this very day) only adds further insult to the injury inflicted upon his wife and her well being.

Regardless of how well he kept the secret, though, he knew it would be revealed when he came to the towing yard to retrieve the Sunfire. Once Cindy detected the unmistakable odor signaling the worst possible explanation for Caylee's absence, she tidied up what she could before blowing her world to smithereens by dialing Amy's phone number.

I realize that George is in a world of conflict most fathers with grandchildren never face, and maybe you know him better than I do, but I don't believe he sat on the secret of his granddaughter's death to spare Casey and further traumatize his wife, his marriage, and himself in the process.

That's horrendous behavior, and I don't think he contemplated it, because Casey never told him anything about Caylee's death, just as she told nobody else.

Forgive me if I disagree with your version of events. Human behavior obviously can take forms that make no sense to either you or I, but IMO that does not include George internalizing the secret of Caylee's death in one of the more evil father-daughter pacts that history will document.

It would have destroyed him first.

I accept that this is your position on this matter. But I do not agree.

It is definitely not my position at all.

People are capable of all kinds of things when put in difficult positions, so I rarely agree with saying that someone would "definitely" or "never" do something in a given scenario. I see some of what you're seeing, but I think it might be as simple as George realizing that something was really wrong when he found the car, and he was torn between his concern for Caylee and fear for what Casey might have done. Maybe he suspected but didn't want to or couldn't accept the reality of what was happening. I can accept that he might have been trying to walk a dangerous line, cleaning the car but trying to cooperate with LE without implicating Casey. MOO

I think that if GA was involved in any way, being former LE and a former detective, he would have done a much better job than ICA ... I think ICA has just gotten very, very lucky (in her sense of the term), but thru no skill of her own.

If this case wasn't covered as closely in the media, and the DT wasn't dragging it out just to benefit financially and for the publicity, and .... if it was treated as any of the hundreds of other unfortunate child murder cases, then this trial would already be over and done with and she would have been sentenced by now. JMHO.

Well, she was going to need the car to get to the airport to catch the Learjet to go to the Bahamas with Jeff so that they could catch a private SpaceX flight to the ISS, where she would reveal that she now loved Tony, but Jeff would decide to give them an enormous fortune as a wedding gift and then they would buy a massive two million dollar RV complete with recording studio so that Tony could do remotes and DJ'g and stuff and she would compete in Hot Body contests to drum up business and supervise the shot girls at the club they'd build on the top of the Casey Tower (formerly Trump Tower) and they would start selling franchises internationally because there's an enormous market for that sort of thing around the world and then she'd probably meet somebody hot and impossibly famous and probably have to dump Tony but oh well.

Well, she was going to need the car to get to the airport to catch the Learjet to go to the Bahamas with Jeff so that they could catch a private SpaceX flight to the ISS, where she would reveal that she now loved Tony, but Jeff would decide to give them an enormous fortune as a wedding gift and then they would buy a massive two million dollar RV complete with recording studio so that Tony could do remotes and DJ'g and stuff and she would compete in Hot Body contests to drum up business and supervise the shot girls at the club they'd build on the top of the Casey Tower (formerly Trump Tower) and they would start selling franchises internationally because there's an enormous market for that sort of thing around the world and then she'd probably meet somebody hot and impossibly famous and probably have to dump Tony but oh well.

Ohhh... I KNEW I was missing something! Thanks for clearing that up ;)

AGAIN - MOO

Some things were already done. such as the stench in the car before GA knew.
Once the car was turned over to him
(should have been turned over to the police, by the lot - he go t luck that it was not turned over to the cops).
However, once he signed for the car, WAS he going to get rid of the car and make up another zanny story?
PLANTING DNA is - very serious, he just wanted to misguide LE and clean up the best he can. He did!
there are things that can not be done, like take the stench out of the car.

I know some want to think that KC is the devil. I think she is a sick kid and her family knew/suspected that.

I respect everyone's opinion here. I tremble (truthfully) when I start to type my thoughts out here because I don't possess the abilities to analyze and write out what I want to write anymore. Having said that...

I just wondered about this theory of George as the ex-law enforcement officer and clean up crime expert......when the car was driven home by George, didn't he go on to work? Like as soon as Cindy told him to do so? And didn't Cindy admit that she did some cleaning up in the car herself? I don't believe that she would ever admit to the extent of what she tried to do to get that smell (and probably lots and lots of flies out of that car) but as I remember, George went to work and came home to the house filled with law enforcement officers. And Cindy had called 911 and said "it smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car!" What could he have done to clean up the car and crime by then?

I agree with other posters who think that George would have made sure that car disappeared. And Caylee's body would never have been dumped 20 feet from the road, a few blocks from his home.
And he would have included Cindy in everything. She would have known. And she never would have made those 911 calls. The two of them would have handled Casey in their own way. If George was handling it, Caylee would be buried safely in a secret grave.

I respect everyone's opinion here. I tremble (truthfully) when I start to type my thoughts out here because I don't possess the abilities to analyze and write out what I want to write anymore. Having said that...

I just wondered about this theory of George as the ex-law enforcement officer and clean up crime expert......when the car was driven home by George, didn't he go on to work? Like as soon as Cindy told him to do so? And didn't Cindy admit that she did some cleaning up in the car herself? I don't believe that she would ever admit to the extent of what she tried to do to get that smell (and probably lots and lots of flies out of that car) but as I remember, George went to work and came home to the house filled with law enforcement officers. And Cindy had called 911 and said "it smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car!" What could he have done to clean up the car and crime by then?

I agree with other posters who think that George would have made sure that car disappeared. And Caylee's body would never have been dumped 20 feet from the road, a few blocks from his home.
And he would have included Cindy in everything. She would have known. And she never would have made those 911 calls. The two of them would have handled Casey in their own way. If George was handling it, Caylee would be buried safely in a secret grave.
I respect your opinion. I do not agree.
Nor do I think he would have any partners in the clean up; so NO he would not tell Cindy anything.

Who had the need to clean the car, the time to clean the car and the means to clean the car? CASEY, of course.

The neighbor testified to seeing the car backed into the Anthony garage - something he had never seen before - in the relevant time period.

I agree Casey was a lazy thing, but not THAT lazy. IMO the odor from Caylee's poor little decomposing body, lying in that trunk curled up in a fetal position, finally became too strong for Casey to endure after 2.6 days. So at that time she had to "package" the body. She did so in the garage. Did she need that shovel to "leverage" the body into a green plastic garbage bag? Perhaps. Did she put the body into the bags and then transport them to the back yard with the intention of burying the body there? Perhaps.

Then did she just trundle on down to Suburban Drive and heave the bag over the side of a steep hill right then and there? Yep.

Now, George was known for detailing all the family cars. Did Casey never see him do this or help him when she was a child? If this is what Dad did every weekend while she was growing up, it is likely that she at least observed it being done.

And all of George's car cleaning products would have been right there in the garage.

What other explanation is there for her car being backed up into that garage on two different days?

she had a problem with the car beyond it running out of gas. my first urge was to post that she was hoping it would be towed and crushed before anybody found out what happened to it, but i don't know. from her actions i think it is plain that the reports of the terrible smell emanating from the car are true - she didn't want her boyfriend within smelling distance of that car.

there's a lot that will never be known about this case. let's say casey decided today to begin telling nothing but the truth. would anyone believe her at this point? and is she so damaged mentally that she would not even know it anymore?

I am sure this has been brought up before, but I did a search and didn't get any hits so thought I would put this in this thread.

While looking at other docs, I came across Casey's phone list off her SIMS card.

http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/files/06.pdf

On pg 19 she had an entry for Enterprise Rent A Car(4072493262). It appears to me that the list was generated in a date format as Det Melich was the last number on the list, I would presume this is because she put it in her phone and then shortly thereafter the phone was seized. This would mean that Enterprise was recently entered into her phone SIMS card, meaning she was looking to rent a car. Probably with Amy's money, no doubt! Just found it interesting and had not seen it before so thought it might be worth a mention.

To mean this means she never intended to get that car back. She probably just thought she could rent a car and was advised she had to be 25 to do so, so she had to come up with plan B. Use everyone else's car.

In Diane Fannings book, Mommies Little Girl, ICA thought she left the car where CA passed it several times a day and would find it????

I think whatever plan she originally had got messed up due to the odor, and there had to be a new one plotted out, but the problem was not having enough money to get out of town. What could have started as a child abduction from the park or by a totally different unknown babysitter, could have turned into being forced to try and get more money together to carry out another plot. She may have thought the car would be there awhile longer and she could get it out of town and claim it was taken along with her child inside. Who knows, she may also have actually thought the Anthony's could pick up the car and then believe some crazy story about a dead squirrel and bag of trash without calling police on her. She's not stupid. She knew that police would never accept any excuses for fake babysitters or wild tales once they smelled the odor, and there was too much potential evidence still left in the trunk to have it found intact or even burned. The Anthony's going along with her might have been her only hope.

Obviously she didn't think this whole situation out. If she did, you would think she would take the car somewhere far away. I take it she figured Caylee would never be found but to leave the car somewhere like that in plain sight? Or was that part of the whole kidnapping thing?

Could she really have thought that keeping the body in the trunk for a while would be no problem? No odor? No stains? No chance of accidental discovery while the body is still there (especially by persons who have keys to your car, such as your parents)? I can't imagine myself doing something like this, but I would think that if I did, getting rid of the body would be priority #1 if I wanted to try to get away with my crime. I can't imagine being so lackadaisical about a *body in the trunk*!

One of the problems with being a psychopath is that they don't understand how normal people react. On one of the true crime shows today, there was a case in which a police officer murdered his wife. This guy's boss told the interviewer that the (soon to be) perpetrator came to him, while the wife was still alive, and asked the boss if it was OK to date a young intern in the office. The boss reminded the perp he was still married. The perp said, "So is it OK if I take the intern out to dinner?" He had no idea that others would see his words and behavior as shocking, inappropriate, and predatory. Even when they are very intelligent, psychopaths have a hard time understanding things the rest of us don't even have to think about. That's how they can do things that seem so callous, like giving away a dead wife's clothes or moving a mistress into the house or getting rid of her car (Scott Peterson)--or spending the 31 days after the death of a child partying, shopping and getting a new tattoo. They are good at imitating the normal behavior they see around them, sometimes, but of course don't have models for how to "act" normal after killing someone. I think that is why so many of the people who kill spouses get caught; they come up with some elaborate plan but can't fake grief (which makes many of us take to our beds, lose or gain weight, have trouble sleeping, and hold onto things longer than we probably should). So being a psychopath essentially means that she is missing a kind of intelligence that the rest of us have, having to do with normal feelings and emotions and their relationship to actions. Casey didn't even bother to fake grief.

However, in Casey's case, I think she is also not very smart in any sense. She might be manipulative and cagy and a practiced liar, but she isn't very good at that stuff either, because pretty much everyone in the country knows she is a liar, thief, and a killer.

I respect your opinion. I do not agree.
Nor do I think he would have any partners in the clean up; so NO he would not tell Cindy anything.

I don't know, they both tried to cover up Casey's pregnancy, right? They have been covering up for her for years. Not that I agree with the scenario you are replying to here, I just don't think I can make the stretch that Cidny wouldn't help GA cover up.

I wonder if the vehicle being abandoned that way might be a problem for the jury when considering premeditation. Of course, the defense claims that there never was a body in the trunk.

I wonder if the vehicle being abandoned that way might be a problem for the jury when considering premeditation. Of course, the defense claims that there never was a body in the trunk.

:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec: Maybe just pizza??? or skunk??? NOT!

:crazy:

I don't know, they both tried to cover up Casey's pregnancy, right? They have been covering up for her for years. Not that I agree with the scenario you are replying to here, I just don't think I can make the stretch that Cidny wouldn't help GA cover up.

I know CA lied, and lied and lied. (Yes to cover for KC)
However, I think that with regard to strategy and physical clean up it was mostly GA.
CA cleaned the car trunk and washed some pants and a knife, but I do not think she was the brain behind the cover up as much as GA was.
JMO and it is OK for you to not agree. I just do not think that KC can strategize an entire cover up all by her self.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
couchsluether
Back