Casey's car: Did she intend to retrieve it from Amscot or what?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I maybe wrong here, but didn't one of her friends say they thought they saw her running down the street around that time frame & asked her if it was her & she said it wasn't? Hmmmm ICA & the truth?

You know I remember that, too, can't remember who it was though! So, she could have taken the car there, ran back to the Anthony's, showered, put on clean clothes, raided the freezer then ran back to the Amscot.

Also, perhaps the pants CA washed was the ones KC had on that day & she put them back into the car after she showered?

Lurker, 1st time poster.

Has it ever been established when/how KC learned her car was towed from Asmcot?
Her cell phone pings give this away! I laughed when we determined that she drove by to see/get the car and it was GONE. There is a thread on this that I've been trying and trying to find, but I can't!

moo

Casey knew the odor was in car and that it was noticeable, so she couldn't park it at the apt.s or take it back home and leave it. I think she could have been planning a time to get enough gas to get it somewhere and set the trunk on fire. First, she would have to be away from Tony, the roommates, and Amy long enough so they couldn't say that Caylee wasn't around at all. She simply must not have had enough money to do that and have a place to stay for a few days. Casey must have known that Cindy was threatening to turn the car in as stolen and that Amy was going to discover the thefts pretty soon, too. The only way to hide the decomp odor in the vehicle was to destroy it or at least part of it.
She might have needed gas cans because the car smelled so bad that she may not have wanted to drive it to the gas station.

moo

Also remember it said that CA passed right by this place EVERY day going to work! Maybe this was KC's way of saying I got the last laugh?

IMO: Judging from the pics & chronology of her activities during the 31 days the car was neither an issue or a matter (except maybe to use as part of one of her future "tales of whoa if needed). The car was just another collateral in the way.

It is not easy to explain not knowing where your 2 year old is for one day muchless 31 DAYS

I keep thinking about KC's car, the Pontiac and I can't decide if she wanted it stolen or was she intending to go back and retrieve it when she left it at Amscot. What are your opinions on this?

I think she might have been planning to retrieve the car and torch it. She has a *thing* with gas cans. Didn't she ask Amy to take her to purchase gas cans (after she was forced to give GA's cans back)?

I remember some talk about some new plastic gas cans, but GA's where the older metal ones. Did KC purchase new gas cans...maybe from Home Depot???

I'm a guy, so maybe I'm a bit off here but... from my experience, women are very protective of their bags/purses. Also, leaving any kind of bag in a car just screams "STEAL ME!!" Right? A person sees the bag, goes in the car, sees the KEY TO THE CAR is there... Hey, why not steal the whole car instead of just the purse?? -- This would lead me to believe that Casey wanted someone to steal the car... :rolleyes:

BUT - then she goes back there to get the car?? It's not there and she just accepts it as not there? :banghead: :bang:

Was she hoping the car was gone when she went to get it, so that she could play it off with her friends that it was stolen, and they would be sympathetic to her and let her use their cars or for them to turn into her chauffeurs? :dramaqueen: :boohoo:

Yeah, I have NO idea WHAT she was thinking with this, :crazy: but that's my working theory. :floorlaugh:

:twocents:

I don't think Casey wanted the car stolen after it began to smell. It would be too risky since thieves would probably ditch it somewhere else and then be found by cops who'd notice the smell. Then, there was Cindy threatening to report the car stolen if Casey didn't bring Caylee home. I think Casey was just trying to leave the care somewhere she thought it would be unnoticed by a dumpster for a little while. She may have been going to get gas together and burn the trunk in hopes that the smell would be destroyed, and claim accident.

My opinion on the 'car' thing has changed as often as the stories have changed. As of late, something that was pointed out by LDB via the witness from the Amscot has me thinking something entirely different from anything I've thought before. LBD had the Amscot lady circle on the picture, a pizza place and a sub sandwich place within close proximity. She also asked if either or both of these businesses ever used the dumpster, to which the witness testified 'yes'. My immediate thought was, "that's where the trash came from.....the dumpster". I think it was Nate who had previously testified that HE was the one who always took out the trash from the apt. There would be no reason for KC to toss the trash in her trunk when, as Nate showed on the diagram, the dumpster for the apt. was less that 15 ft. from where they parked their cars.
This would mean that KC deliberately parked right next to the dumpster for 2 possible reasons which would both provide the same result: tossing some of the trash from the dumpster into her trunk and parking next to the dumpster would mask the odor which was beginning to get stronger from the residual decomp fluid. I don't believe there was any trash in her car until that day and that's why no one smelled anything. I don't believe Caylee was in the trunk for any longer a period of time than it took to transport her body from one location to another and I believe she was moved around more than once or twice, but was put in her final resting place on that day. She used the excuse of being in the neighborhood to raid the fridge. In my opinion, KC was banking on the Amscot people to look up the owner of the car by the license plate and notify them the car had been abandoned leaving George and Cindy to fear that both KC and Caylee had been abducted. This would also explain why JG and/or whomever were notified, in advance, not to talk to GA and CA if they asked any questions. I also don't believe the odor, at that particular point in time, was strong enough to permeate KC's hair and skin, however, she could have changed clothes or worn something over her jogging suit which may have been tossed in the dumpster.

With all her lies that went on for years I do not believe she put any new effort into hiding what she had done at all.

Her car ran out of gas and she left it.
Her mom picked her up from Toni's and she used the same stupid lie she had been using the nanny has Caylee.

After her mom called her out she was forced to start covering for herself but she did not go out of her way to do it before ,including breaking the lock on the shed.

Why was she always running out of gas? Was someone using her car? Her car should have been good on gas and who wants to run out of gas with a child?

Most importantly how did the pooh bear blanket get from the car where the amscott lady saw it ,to the location of Caylee's remains?

I saw some cellphone conversation transcripts where Casey mentioned that she needed to pick up her car. Maybe it was not a priority and she left her purse because it stunk and there was no money in it.

If I recall correctly, there was at least one receipt from Fusion Night Club in the trash and another paper having to do with the college TL was attending. This would indicate to me that the trash (not garbage) came from the apt.

I'm a guy, so maybe I'm a bit off here but... from my experience, women are very protective of their bags/purses. Also, leaving any kind of bag in a car just screams "STEAL ME!!" Right? A person sees the bag, goes in the car, sees the KEY TO THE CAR is there... Hey, why not steal the whole car instead of just the purse?? -- This would lead me to believe that Casey wanted someone to steal the car... :rolleyes:

BUT - then she goes back there to get the car?? It's not there and she just accepts it as not there? :banghead: :bang:

Was she hoping the car was gone when she went to get it, so that she could play it off with her friends that it was stolen, and they would be sympathetic to her and let her use their cars or for them to turn into her chauffeurs? :dramaqueen: :boohoo:

Yeah, I have NO idea WHAT she was thinking with this, :crazy: but that's my working theory. :floorlaugh:

:twocents:

My opinion on the 'car' thing has changed as often as the stories have changed. As of late, something that was pointed out by LDB via the witness from the Amscot has me thinking something entirely different from anything I've thought before. LBD had the Amscot lady circle on the picture, a pizza place and a sub sandwich place within close proximity. She also asked if either or both of these businesses ever used the dumpster, to which the witness testified 'yes'. My immediate thought was, "that's where the trash came from.....the dumpster". I think it was Nate who had previously testified that HE was the one who always took out the trash from the apt. There would be no reason for KC to toss the trash in her trunk when, as Nate showed on the diagram, the dumpster for the apt. was less that 15 ft. from where they parked their cars.
This would mean that KC deliberately parked right next to the dumpster for 2 possible reasons which would both provide the same result: tossing some of the trash from the dumpster into her trunk and parking next to the dumpster would mask the odor which was beginning to get stronger from the residual decomp fluid. I don't believe there was any trash in her car until that day and that's why no one smelled anything. I don't believe Caylee was in the trunk for any longer a period of time than it took to transport her body from one location to another and I believe she was moved around more than once or twice, but was put in her final resting place on that day. She used the excuse of being in the neighborhood to raid the fridge. In my opinion, KC was banking on the Amscot people to look up the owner of the car by the license plate and notify them the car had been abandoned leaving George and Cindy to fear that both KC and Caylee had been abducted. This would also explain why JG and/or whomever were notified, in advance, not to talk to GA and CA if they asked any questions. I also don't believe the odor, at that particular point in time, was strong enough to permeate KC's hair and skin, however, she could have changed clothes or worn something over her jogging suit which may have been tossed in the dumpster.

I have a variation using both of your theories - feel free to poke holes in it. ;)

I've always thought it was significant that KC ditched the car at Amscot midday on a Friday. We know she doesn't totally plan things out, so maybe she assumed Amscot would be closed Sat & Sun, hoping it would be stolen. (This would have turned the trial inside out, because if it were dumped, there would likely be fingerprints on it from an unknown party. She could have claimed she picked up Caylee from Zani & someone hijacked the car & took the baby. Remember, no one outside of TL knew the car was at Amscot; he was out of town, so she could have told him she picked Caylee up while he was gone.) Still with me?

Anyhow, she took the guys to the airport early Monday and arrived at Amy's house around 9:45 am to buy gas cans. Maybe as a backup plan to torch it somewhere if the car is still there. However, she goes back, sees the car is missing (already towed at about 10:00) and ASSUMES it was stolen. Probably didn't figure it would be towed so quickly. She sits back & waits for LE to find the stolen car & trace it back. Then she can play her kidnapping story, covering the evidence in the trunk, etc.

However, having the car towed/retrieved by her parents threw a monkeywrench into the whole thing.

It's bothered me that how could KC explain having her car & baby stolen for several days without notifying LE??? But hey, she didn't report Caylee missing for 31 days, so she could've spun a variation of her Zani story. The only difference is that there would have been a dumped car somewhere with someone else's fingerprints on it. Leading to a reasonable doubt.

I welcome your comments :)

I think she might have been planning to retrieve the car and torch it. She has a *thing* with gas cans. Didn't she ask Amy to take her to purchase gas cans (after she was forced to give GA's cans back)?

I remember some talk about some new plastic gas cans, but GA's where the older metal ones. Did KC purchase new gas cans...maybe from Home Depot???

A thing? I think the thing is she was lying about having a job and had no money for gas, and was stealing the gas, I have not seen one thing that indicates she has a thing for fire or anything like that.

She left her purse in the car, she was going to say she was carjacked and the child was stolen, but Cindy getting ahold of Aimee thwarted all that.jmo

I have a variation using both of your theories - feel free to poke holes in it. ;)

I've always thought it was significant that KC ditched the car at Amscot midday on a Friday. We know she doesn't totally plan things out, so maybe she assumed Amscot would be closed Sat & Sun, hoping it would be stolen. (This would have turned the trial inside out, because if it were dumped, there would likely be fingerprints on it from an unknown party. She could have claimed she picked up Caylee from Zani & someone hijacked the car & took the baby. Remember, no one outside of TL knew the car was at Amscot; he was out of town, so she could have told him she picked Caylee up while he was gone.) Still with me?

Anyhow, she took the guys to the airport early Monday and arrived at Amy's house around 9:45 am to buy gas cans. Maybe as a backup plan to torch it somewhere if the car is still there. However, she goes back, sees the car is missing (already towed at about 10:00) and ASSUMES it was stolen. Probably didn't figure it would be towed so quickly. She sits back & waits for LE to find the stolen car & trace it back. Then she can play her kidnapping story, covering the evidence in the trunk, etc.

However, having the car towed/retrieved by her parents threw a monkeywrench into the whole thing.

It's bothered me that how could KC explain having her car & baby stolen for several days without notifying LE??? But hey, she didn't report Caylee missing for 31 days, so she could've spun a variation of her Zani story. The only difference is that there would have been a dumped car somewhere with someone else's fingerprints on it. Leading to a reasonable doubt.

I welcome your comments :)

This makes the most sense to me, out everything I've read about the car. I never understood why she left her purse in it, with her ID inside. Did she have another ID? She wasn't able to view the apartment with Tony because she didn't have one, but somehow she was able to write three checks?!? Do they just not ask for a DL anymore? I also thought the initial questioning statement said she presented a DL to the police. I also found it weird that GA brought gas with him to the impound lot... I can't remember, did they speak to Casey prior to picking up the car?

Here is what I get from reading this whole thread.

ICA decides to dump the car at the Amscot on a friday hoping to have the car stolen. Best case scenario for her because then she hopefully NEVER sees the car again and it would only bolster the Nanny Kidnapping story. Car gone, end of story.

She drops the car off, runs home, showers, throws her pants in a white kitchen garbage bag at home, grabs some food so it looks like she is carrying groceries and not just a garbage back full of stinky pants. She brings groceries for two reasons, she needed food to eat and she was a thief by nature and to encourage TL not to question her on WHY she isn't taking anything out of the car. Parks the car near the dumpster to cover the smell, takes her pants out of the kitchen garbage bag, quasi cleans car and grabs some garbage from around, puts together a bag of "garbage" puts it in the trunk over the stain.
throws her purse in a most obvious place, scatters her stuff around, makes it look like it might be worth stealing and hopes it gets stolen. If it doesn't then maybe it will air out. She didn't need a vehicle at that moment and didn't want to be hauling the smell around with her.
I think she may have forgotten to throw her pants in the dumpster tho. Those pants needed to go, but she had all this other stuff to do before TL came to get her. And With running back and forth to her house, etc., she forgets to throw the pants in the dumpster.

Later on she gets gas cans to cover her butt in case it DOESN'T get stolen. She also needs to APPEAR like she is going to get her car, at least to Amy.

She has to go by there in a few days and see if it's still there. If it is, she will take it. If it isn't then she will rejoice because its been stolen. Problem solved.

There is evidence that she went to check on the car...she had to keep checking on the car. She had to know what was going on with it. If it was still her problem.

I don't think she anticipated it being towed. I also agree with some fellow posters who mentioned that she DIDNT find out that it was towed until her mom and amy came knocking at TL's. She was caught off guard with that one.

But in her head, that car was going to sit there till either, A) someone stole it, or b) she went back to get it when she would have time to get rid of it (provided the smell HADN'T) improved. c) the Smell improves and it becomes drivable again. I don't think would have torched it if it didn't smell bad any more. Not for a second do I think she would have any bad memories of the car. Anyone who can triple bag their daughter and heft her out to the swamp doesn't suffer of "bad memories" of THINGS.

My THEROY on what would have happened if the car hadn't been towed or stolen in a few days. ICA would have put enough gas into that car to get it somewhere remote. Cleaned it again. Wiped it down and then lit the trunk on fire. Although, my guess is it would have ended up burning behind the school 4 blocks from her house. :P

She doesnt think too far ahead, IMO. She mostly just goes with the flow. It's extremely adaptable. She just comes up with things on the spur of the moment. This is why she is so obvious. Because she didn't put thought into any of this. The tattoo is a brilliant example of how truly stunned and selfish she is, because she doesn't THINK ahead. "I wonder if getting a tattoo right now will look bad?" What ever scenario she had concocted in her head about what had "happened" to Caylee, she never stopped to think, how will this tattoo reflect on what has transpired. It makes me Ell Oh Ell out loud.

ETA. I am kinda iffy on my garbage bag theory tho. Can anyone tell me if we know where that garbage from? Was it for sure from TL's apartment? Of did it appear to be miscellany? I recall Arm and Hammer products, pizza box. I should go look at the evidence pics. I might be complete off base with the garbage bag thing. I would think if she went home to shower as some people suggest, then the pants would have had to have traveled back to the car with her and not on her. And putting them in a white kitchen garbage bag made sense to me. I wouldn't want to put them in a back pack and risk transferring the smell. But why would she have a bunch of loose garbage and arm and hammer bottles and pizza boxes in her car unless she was a total slob?

Does anyone else think it might be possible that SHE intended to go back, get the car, get Caylee's remains and torch the car with her remains in the car? Hence not putting Caylee very far from her house and the road. She was only put there temporarily and when the car got towed, all hell truly broke loose for ICA. Now she has no way to move the remains.

ETA. I am kinda iffy on my garbage bag theory tho. Can anyone tell me if we know where that garbage from? Was it for sure from TL's apartment? Of did it appear to be miscellany? I recall Arm and Hammer products, pizza box. I should go look at the evidence pics. I might be complete off base with the garbage bag thing. I would think if she went home to shower as some people suggest, then the pants would have had to have traveled back to the car with her and not on her. And putting them in a white kitchen garbage bag made sense to me. I wouldn't want to put them in a back pack and risk transferring the smell. But why would she have a bunch of loose garbage and arm and hammer bottles and pizza boxes in her car unless she was a total slob?

There was a receipt in the garbage bag for one of TL's roommates/friends, and I think they identified a lot of the trash in it as theirs.

KC's pants are unimportant IMHO. IIRC, CA also found a pair of KC's heels and/or boots in the car when CA cleaned it - and with the way KC was staying at TL's, Ricardo's, etc. I'm sure she had clothes stashed everywhere.

Whoa. I quoted a post and it disappeared and Quoted a different post instead.

She meant to go back with the car later and move her for good? Burn the car and remains?

Does anyone else think it might be possible that SHE intended to go back, get the car, get Caylee's remains and torch the car with her remains in the car? Hence not putting Caylee very far from her house and the road. She was only put there temporarily and when the car got towed, all hell truly broke loose for ICA. Now she has no way to move the remains.

This makes sense - I've always been puzzled why Caylee was left so close to the Anthony home.

(Sorry, we seem to be posting at the same time.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back