Casey's Diary Entry for June 21st & Missing Pages #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again ... not to beat a dead horse ... but ink can be dated to within 6 months. Here is but one of thousands of sources that detail the procedure and accuracy of this well known forensic technique.

http://books.google.com/books?id=CC...r&dq=Attorney's+Guide+to+Document+Examination

I realize this, but there is no dating of the ink in the documents, and I don't have access to this diary page to have the ink dated myself. Therefore, we are left to speculate without this important information.
Lanie

Oh God....before I say anything else...I want to send a prayer out to the Anthony's today. If they don't already know about it, this recent info has got to be very very disturbing for them. So, my prayers are with them.

I have tried to remain objective in this case. Despite all the info released, I still had hope that Casey was innocent. Logically, the evidence was strong...but emotionally, I just wasn't ready to accept that she had done something horrible to her child. I didn't want to be too quick to judge. I wanted more evidence...and now that I've got it...my heart hurts...deeply, very deeply hurts. I was holding onto that 1% chance she was innocent...and after reading some of the new info, and seeing the crime scene photos...that 1% chance is gone....my hope is gone. I feel a hole in my heart, an emptiness in my stomach...I can't even imagine how the Anthony's feel.
Sorry for being so mushy and emotional....I had to get it out and I can't start sobbing at my desk. :(

Ohh Braking Heart...it's okay :grouphug: it is hard and very sad to think about what everyone has been going through the past 7 months. The A's etc... i know for me, being new to 'sleuthing' sometimes i may get excited because i figured something out, but Never for one moment do i forget who brought me here...Caylee Marie Anthony, a missing baby. If you need a good laugh just go to the party thread in the basement, there's always a bean bag open......:blowkiss:

If the entry was written in 2003, I'm wondering if Casey was pregnant at 17 and could have decided to have an abortion at that time, and that is why the police find it relevant to Caylee's case.

I can't see any other reason.

This occurred to me as well. Whatever the big decision was in 2003, I bet nobody knew anything about it.

As much as I'd like for this diary entry to have been written last year, I don't think it was. To me this seems like a teenager's diary. The handwriting is very neat and appears as though she took great care to make it special. She'd made a big decision in 2003. Whether it was an abortion or something else, she felt like she was starting a new chapter in her life, so she bought a new journal, decorated the fly leaf and began writing. Her handwriting wasn't neat enough or didn't sound the way she wanted so she tore out the first page and began again because she wanted the first page to be perfect (it only appears to me that one page was removed). I was a journal keeper as a teen and I can imagine this scenario because I did the exact same things as a kid (teen).

Great, great points Bond - as always. I just wish I didn't have to read through pages and pages of comments about how the diary is going to hang Casey to get to yours.

In the general document thread I responded to a poster who asked why LE would be interested in a 2003 diary. I responded saying that at the time LE took the photograph, they would have no immediate way of knowing when the passage was written.

I was curious to see how LE would go about authenticating the date of the diary passage and I found this: http://www.enotes.com/forensic-science/ink-analysis

The last paragraph is particularly interesting. I think we should be on the look out for the results of forensic testing of this page

I appreciate the kind words, Gailey.

I just responded to another poster along the same lines.

There's no doubt in my mind the FBI has undertaken the ink-dating. No doubt whatsoever. We'll have to wait for that to be absolutely certain...I know...not the answer any of us want to hear...still...it just leaves us to speculate...is it/isn't it. So...WTH...we're pretty good at speculating!! :rolleyes: :)

Continuing along those lines...if I were the CSO...(Chief Speculating Officer)... I'd guess it is a 2008 entry. Purely IMHO, FWIW, EIEIO. :)

Check this out when the WESH TV reporter realizes the diary has '03 on it. Lots of scrambling going on while another reporter distracts us with other items.

http://www.wesh.com/news/18740616/detail.html#

They should come over here and read our posts about the diary!

The reported doesn't come back with a solution, either. Note: the video is a bit long.

Okay...So we got this diary?????

Got it! Wait for testing to come back... for some ink stuff ...to figure out the date...pen...ink...book...

Thanks Bond and Gailey...:)

I'm still gonna be HAPPY!

The year appears to be written on the book cover. All the pages are ripped out and then it starts on june 21st. It could be that she started it in '03 then ripped out those years and then began writing in it again. Was this sent to a document examiner for forensic analysis? I haven't seen or heard anything about that.

It could be that she wrote '03 on it thinking that if it was ever found she could claim it was an old journal ... Casey has underestimated the savvy of LE throughout ... seems like something she would do ... IMO

It could be that she wrote '03 on it thinking that if it was ever found she could claim it was an old journal ... Casey has underestimated the savvy of LE throughout ... seems like something she would do ... IMO

She really is not that smart.

Check this out when the WESH TV reporter realizes the diary has '03 on it. Lots of scrambling going on while another reporter distracts us with other items.

http://www.wesh.com/news/18740616/detail.html#

They should come over here and read our posts about the diary!

The reported doesn't come back with a solution, either. Note: the video is a bit long.

Do reporters actually work to the get the story right? Or do they just jump in arse first?

I dont think it's so likely that she used the same pen since 03. but who knows if the date she wrote 03 was actually 03? she is a liar. and look how effective! we're all over the internet going ZOMG an entry from 03 means nothing!

....actually, I found it odd that her handwriting seems much less childish than later certain examples (cf. note to sheriff beary, original written statement). not that I am an expert in analysis but a long, long time in reading on it and practicing at it.

....have to say I feel slightly sickened that her writing in this journal actually somewhat resembles mine, as far as which letters she disconnects and the Rs and Is ....ew.

I find it interesting that it has been speculated that KC's thoughts would be Caylee would be better off NOT being in that household and that she was doing Caylee a favor by getting her out of there, even if it was by taking her life...:bang:
This fits in with the rumors of what else the diary says.

FWIW I found this ... full of rumors but I thought I would post it for you all to read.

“… the little snot … I’ll fix her …” the diary is alleged to say in part. “First, a little cloroform (sp) and then (illegible). She won’t know. She’ll be a lot better off …”

http://derekclontz.wordpress.com/20...source-and-weve-got-world-exclusive-excerpts/

snipped
"a source who claims prosecutors will enter the 14-page, hand-written journal into evidence at Anthony’s trial for murder."
"

14 hand-written pages???????

There's more to this diary....

The year appears to be written on the book cover. All the pages are ripped out and then it starts on june 21st. It could be that she started it in '03 then ripped out those years and then began writing in it again. Was this sent to a document examiner for forensic analysis? I haven't seen or heard anything about that.

Look carefully at Image 15 and you can see that the year is not written on the inside cover. It is the first page of the book, or fly leaf, which is often a heavier stock than the journal pages. Look carefully at the left side edges of the page and you can see a lighter purple area. That is a covering which is glued to the inside cover to conceal the edges of the outer covering of the book.

Can anyone tell from this doc dump or any previous doc dump whether only this page was found or whether there are more pages to this diary? I haven't been able to find anywhere a reference to a diary being confiscated by LE.

I want to know why CA/GA did not READ HER DIARY- if your granddaughter is missing, wouldn't you the MINUTE your daughter was locked up immediately start looking thru ALL of her things for any clue??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaexo21