Casey's Diary Entry for June 21st & Missing Pages #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back when I was a teenager, I bought and started many, many diaries and only wrote one or two passages, then either got bored and just forgot about it. As did plenty of my friends. Maybe that is why they only showed one photograph. Could be that was all she wrote.

Anyone wonder if there really is 14 pages of the diary out there? I'm dying to know!

True she is about me,me,me but is it relevant how she thinks in 2003, 5 years ago?

People's childhood, youth, adulthood all come into play in many trials. Its painting a picture of their life.

LE should have released the whole diary. We need to know if Caylee is mentioned anywhere in the diary. If she is, then we know that 2003 has nothing to do with the diary because Caylee wasn't born then. Why don't they release the whole darn thing? And it seems the defense should have access to the whole diary and not just this page so that they can try to prove when it was written and what it might be in regards to. I don't like seeing the '03' either and if I was LE I wouldn't even bother showing this. It casts doubt on their case in a way.

several things.

the number 1 thing that stood out to me, or that I noticed when I saw the first pic on wesh was that it looked as if previous pages had been ripped out. I always did that with the diaries that I kept. I would write in one, forget about it, and when I wanted to go back I would rip the previous entries out and start over.

Another thing, if this was written in 2003, these definitely do NOT sound like the thoughts of someone entering their sr. year of high school. KC is only about 11 months older than I am and should have graduated in 04. That would put her at the summer before her sr. year. What stuck out to me the most was the whole end justifying the means part. I can't think of anything that you would go through during the summer before your sr. year of high school that is just so big like that.
ALTHOUGH, I did read someone mention that maybe she had gotten pregnant in 03 and had an abortion, and then I could see a journal entry of that sort. Although I would find it a little disturbing that she would just be so HAPPY about it. But whatever, jmo

Me too!!! I'ts killing me.

Me, three!!!

I would love for this to be THE THING that puts her away forever....we will just have to wait and see. I don't think they are going to give away all of their "good stuff" now.

I agree with you, though.... there has to be a reason they snapped the pic and released it!

I believed that the state's attorneys would have been able to convince a jury that Casey killing Caylee was premeditated even prior to the release of this information.

No one other than someone who planned to kill their child wraps duct tape around the head such that it is stuck in the child's hair + has a heart sticker lying around to place over the duct tape covering their child's mouth. Yes, I've read/heard the arguments that Casey could have placed the heart sticker on the duct tape after Caylee died, even though she may not have intended for Caylee to die, because she "loved" Caylee and the death was an accident, etc., but I never believed that line of reasoning would resonate with a jury for many reasons, beginning, chronologically speaking, with the fact that Casey waited 30+ days to report Caylee missing, the fact that Casey only reported Caylee missing because Cindy placed the call to 911, etc., etc., etc. I just couldn't imagine a jury refusing to convict Casey for 1st degree murder.

With this additional information - it's as many here have been saying: LE has much more than we'd previously been given, and the case just continues to grow stronger each time we become privy to said information.

Way to go LE!

If it can be established that this is an entry from 2008, then I believe that the state's attorneys will shortly be placing the possibility of the DP back on the table, and with good reason.
---------------------------------------

That just gave me chills up my back! Now I can envision KC even gleefully putting the tape on Caylee and sealing it with a heart sticker kiss, proclaiming she is finally going to be free of her. Tears.

It reads like a confession.

I think JB was back at work on Monday. The defense team is supposed to make a statement today.

When I read that page, my first thoughts were, "confession." I think this is as close to a confession as we'll see in this case.

It doesn't look like Cindy's writing at all imo. It may just bee that Casey printed on her statement, and she usually does a cursive/print combo like in this journal entry. Look at the signature on the forged check here.

Page 29
http://www.clickorlando.com/download/2008/1008/17656080.pdf

My writing looks totally different in different situations. If I am writing something I am happy about and want to write about, then it is really nice and neat. If I'm taking minutes at a meeting, it's pretty sloppy.

I agree. Also, five years' difference in time can be a factor. I know my handwriting changed somewhat from high school, through college, and into adulthood (it's evolved into pure-T chicken-scratch, but it used to be quite pretty!). I occasionally run across something I wrote years ago and barely recognize it as my own handwriting.

A few thoughts:

- I do think it can be established when the entry was written. And I'm not talking about the ink. The diary itself probably has some markings that show roughly when it was manufactured, distributed and/or sold in retail stores. If any of those dates are between 2004-2008, the journal entry could not have been written in 2003. The "03" would just be self-serving on Casey's part.

- Some have questioned whether Casey would have actually written things in an old-fashioned journal as opposed to a myspace entry. I think Casey knew that myspace and any electronic format was risky (anyone can see electronic diary entries) and she knew that writing out her feelings on a myspace would bring questions - even well meaning ones (such as a friend commenting....."what decisions are you talking about hon"?) I think she wanted to write out her feelings but she actually wanted them to stay private and you can't do that on myspace. Plus, she knew the entries could be incriminating if anyone saw them. Hence, she used a traditional written journal.

- I do think Casey wanted badly to put out her feelings somewhere - she certainly couldn't share what actually happened with anyone, right? So she chose to use a written diary. She kept things vague-ish as somewhat of a precautionary measure. But...as much as she acted callously during and after Caylee's death (partying and all), Caylee's death was still a huge watershed moment for her. She was now free. Maybe she justified killing Caylee by reasoning she didn't want Caylee being raised by Cindy and George should they obtain custody (she was "saving" Caylee from such a fate.) Who knows what BS justifications she used in her own mind.

But definitely Caylee's death was a big moment in her life -- besides being free to do as she pleased from thereon, she must have felt incredible relief at no longer having to deal with more immediate troubles - driving around with a decaying body in her car. It's horrible to think about but at a certain point, whatever sentiment she may have had for her child at some point in her life, at the end this baby was a stinking corpse that was getting in the way. Clearly, Casey fumbled all over the place in figuring out what to do with poor Caylee. In the end, the relief must have been great. No doubt she wanted to document the relief she felt and keep a journal of things after this watershed moment.

- The journal might have been tucked away somewhere in her bedroom and as to why it was still there for LE to take: Why didn't she throw it away? Because she wanted to keep it. Continue writing in it. All that effort to write out your feelings - who wants to throw that away? It might have been hidden in a spot Casey thought nobody would look through. But just in case, she threw a "03" legend on it and speaks in "code". My sister used to do the same thing in her own diary (I knew where the key was and used to peak all the time). She didn't think I'd ever find the diary but just in case, her entries wouldn't be clear on who she kissed and what parent rule she broke, etc. She used code or would be vague. Just in case. That's what I think the "03" legend is.

Sorry for the long post. I guess we'll find out eventually the date the entry was really written.

I wonder what the handwriting experts will say about the filled in circles topping some of the letters of words in her statement on the left-hand page. I know that when someone embellishes their writing with certain flourishes, it can indicate immaturity. These "bullets" appear almost like nail heads to me--as if the writer wants to securely tack that statement onto the page as a major statement.

A few thoughts:

- I do think it can be established when the entry was written. And I'm not talking about the ink. The diary itself probably has some markings that show roughly when it was manufactured, distributed and/or sold in retail stores. If any of those dates are between 2004-2008, the journal entry could not have been written in 2003. The "03" would just be self-serving on Casey's part.

- Some have questioned whether Casey would have actually written things in an old-fashioned journal as opposed to a myspace entry. I think Casey knew that myspace and any electronic format was risky (anyone can see electronic diary entries) and she knew that writing out her feelings on a myspace would bring questions - even well meaning ones (such as a friend commenting....."what decisions are you talking about hon"?) I think she wanted to write out her feelings but she actually wanted them to stay private and you can't do that on myspace. Plus, she knew the entries could be incriminating if anyone saw them. Hence, she used a traditional written journal.

- I do think Casey wanted badly to put out her feelings somewhere - she certainly couldn't share what actually happened with anyone, right? So she chose to use a written diary. She kept things vague-ish as somewhat of a precautionary measure. But...as much as she acted callously during and after Caylee's death (partying and all), Caylee's death was still a huge watershed moment for her. She was now free. Maybe she justified killing Caylee by reasoning she didn't want Caylee being raised by Cindy and George should they obtain custody (she was "saving" Caylee from such a fate.) Who knows what BS justifications she used in her own mind.

But definitely Caylee's death was a big moment in her life -- besides being free to do as she pleased from thereon, she must have felt incredible relief at no longer having to deal with more immediate troubles - driving around with a decaying body in her car. It's horrible to think about but at a certain point, whatever sentiment she may have had for her child at some point in her life, at the end this baby was a stinking corpse that was getting in the way. Clearly, Casey fumbled all over the place in figuring out what to do with poor Caylee. In the end, the relief must have been great. No doubt she wanted to document the relief she felt and keep a journal of things after this watershed moment.

- The journal might have been tucked away somewhere in her bedroom and as to why it was still there for LE to take: Why didn't she throw it away? Because she wanted to keep it. Continue writing in it. All that effort to write out your feelings - who wants to throw that away? It might have been hidden in a spot Casey thought nobody would look through. But just in case, she threw a "03" legend on it and speaks in "code". My sister used to do the same thing in her own diary (I knew where the key was and used to peak all the time). She didn't think I'd ever find the diary but just in case, her entries wouldn't be clear on who she kissed and what parent rule she broke, etc. She used code or would be vague. Just in case. That's what I think the "03" legend is.

Sorry for the long post. I guess we'll find out eventually the date the entry was really written.

Excellent post, NJ Lawyer. Lots of food for thought.

Sending prayers up right now for her family, especially George. I wonder if all of the forgiveness language that Cindy was using at Caylee's memorial would be different if she knew this. How devastating for them.

I think when the Anthony family gave their unconditional love, they knew about some of the evidence to come. They met with LE right before the funeral. Casey's friends said Casey was afraid of Cindy knowing about "bad" things Casey had done.

I think the family was trying to clear the way for Casey to "fess up.

JMO

Well, let's just think about the date of the adjoining journal page which reflects '03.

What could have been going on in KC's life that by June 21, 2003, 5 YEARS before Caylee went missing that would provoke this entry? Caylee wasn't born until 2 years after this entry and well before KC became pregnant in November 2004.

June '03 would have been right after her junior year in HS. What decisoin did she make at that time that she was sure was the right one, that made her the happiest she had ever been in her life, who were her new friends at this time, why did her decision worry her a bit? Find something that fits and maybe I will not believe it was written post-murder of Caylee.

I am watching about the diary on headline news and for the life of me, I just can't imagine a 16 year old writing that in there. I know KC was addicted to the computer, but it was still CA's computer that she was writing in and she wouldn't want anyone to see what she was writing there. I don't think of it as a diary, rather a journal and I kept 3 of them when I left my ex-husband who was abusive. I didn't want to talk about the pain I went through to others yet it was very therapuedic to use a journal. I would be curious to know where it was found at the house. I do think KC thought they would never find Caylee and as each day passed that she wasn't found, her confidence grew. I think she assumed that LE was done searching the house but what would be more interesting to me is where she kept it.

A few thoughts:

I agree that the '03 is probably some random code or symbol that has meaning to Casey. This could be her third diary, as in 1/3. She often misuses words, etc. she could use symbols in a strange way. There are lots of benign reasons the 03 could be on the back cover.

I was also wondering if '03 does connote the year 2003, but for more haunting reasons. Wouldn't 2003 mark the beginning of her senior year of high school? That seems, to be the year she started really "messing up" her life and taking a path which probably didn't square with the life she believed she was destined to lead.

She apparently underperforms academically, can't graduate on time or with her class-- now she's out of synch with her peers. No college plans, etc.
Then she becomes pregnant and hides it, lives with her family, Cindy derides her failure to mature and be self-sufficient. Casey's stuck.

It seems to me, 2003 would mark the year Casey manifested her failure to launch-- and she likely blamed Caylee for making it impossible for her to turn everything around. I think this diary entry is written in 2008-- (channel 9 news is reporting it is http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79950 )
I think Casey's really excited, perhaps, because now that she's killed Caylee, she can go back and live the life she was meant to live, unencumbered. She can be whatever she wants to be. It's like 2003 all over again, but this time she's in control.

I believed that the state's attorneys would have been able to convince a jury that Casey killing Caylee was premeditated even prior to the release of this information.

No one other than someone who planned to kill their child wraps duct tape around the head such that it is stuck in the child's hair + has a heart sticker lying around to place over the duct tape covering their child's mouth. Yes, I've read/heard the arguments that Casey could have placed the heart sticker on the duct tape after Caylee died, even though she may not have intended for Caylee to die, because she "loved" Caylee and the death was an accident, etc., but I never believed that line of reasoning would resonate with a jury for many reasons, beginning, chronologically speaking, with the fact that Casey waited 30+ days to report Caylee missing, the fact that Casey only reported Caylee missing because Cindy placed the call to 911, etc., etc., etc. I just couldn't imagine a jury refusing to convict Casey for 1st degree murder.

With this additional information - it's as many here have been saying: LE has much more than we'd previously been given, and the case just continues to grow stronger each time we become privy to said information.

Way to go LE!

If it can be established that this is an entry from 2008, then I believe that the state's attorneys will shortly be placing the possibility of the DP back on the table, and with good reason.

~bolded by always~

Great post. I really wish they could put the death penalty back out there.

Pam Bondi, prosecutor from Florida, reported on HLN earlier. The SA's office has 45 days from the date of indictment to notify the defense if they are going for the death penalty.

It ain't ever coming back...:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member