Casey's Diary Entry for June 21st & Missing Pages #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We know she wasn't at the Anthony home on June 21. On Friday, June20th she went to Fusion and probably spent the weekend with Tony. The question would be, "Where did they find this journal?" Was it with her items at TL's? If it had remained at the A home, I would have to doubt it being written in '08. The problem is if it was with TL, we will never know because CA went through the stuff, washed clothes, scanned any memoirs, then put everything away I am sure.

We know she wasn't at the Anthony home on June 21. On Friday, June20th she went to Fusion and probably spent the weekend with Tony. The question would be, "Where did they find this journal?" Was it with her items at TL's? If it had remained at the A home, I would have to doubt it being written in '08. The problem is if it was with TL, we will never know because CA went through the stuff, washed clothes, scanned any memoirs, then put everything away I am sure.
Exactly! Where did they find this journal? In Casey's night stand? I think it was a teenager who wrote something in '03. Now whose spinning? Prosecution?

The journal page entry w which the State chose to fuel the media frenzy and further inflame the public this time is simply **advertiser censored* date (any date beyond the 15th will do... :rolleyes:) during the month of **advertiser censored* June (nevermind it appears to be the June five years prior...). Every year has a June, and most diaries from any given year will also likely include this month... Are we to believe there were five years of pages removed...? :rolleyes:

Never have I seen a worse case of the State trying, quite so obviously and vigorously, to use a rabid media to demonize a defendant. The bottom line is people who want KC stoned to death for the worst imaginable heinous coldblooded killing are determined, irrespective of fact, to interpret each new piece of info and shred of evidence in the most grotesque, gruesome, grisly and sinister light possible, projecting onto it every conceivable evil connotation. A lynchmob and witchhunt all rolled into one. I'll defer judgment until trial when we hear from an ink expert w test results. No one can any longer lend a voice of reason to "Caylee" threads anyway, so great is the thirst for blood. JMO

:parrot:
Wow...exactly what I think and I find it reprehensible. It is going to be extremely difficult to find a suitable jury pool anywhere in Florida. The news media has taken this case to new depths. I'm in Philadelphia and you would be amazed at the opinions floating around, all based upon the opinions of supposed journalists who are charged with reporting news, not opining their own views.

Being this diary has a 2003 date, the prosecution will have trouble entering this into court IMO.
UNLESS, they can prove when the ink was made, (or how "new" the ink is) or if there are other pages confirming events around the timeline of Caylee gone missing.
Otherwise, the defense will argue its "old"

Wow...exactly what I think and I find it reprehensible. It is going to be extremely difficult to find a suitable jury pool anywhere in Florida.

With due respect, KC sank that boat a long time ago with her own actions. As someone who lives in Florida and hears about this case on the local and the national news, I can't fathom there are people out there who were like "Well, I thought she was innocent until that diary entry! Now I want her to fry!"

She was as good as guilty in the eyes of the public from when we first saw her getting arraigned in court.

If this case is taking anything to new depths, it's because this story would be too unbelievable to be true if we saw it in a novel. KC stands alone when it comes to contrived explanations for and actions in the commission of filicide.

I totally cannot keep up with the threads here!
Lin, you make some good points . I can imagine a person who killed feeling she can't tell anyone this awful secret but still having an urge to let it out somehow and writing about it in a non-specific way in an old journal.

I don't see the fact that LE chose to photograph this as that significant. These words combined with June 21 are so provocative that, despite the '03 on the facing page, I'd think an investigator would not pass it up if there's any chance it might be from 2008.

if the documents say the journal was in the drawer, then I was mistaken . I'm afraid I had just repeated what I heard from someone else about it being in a box. I should have checked that in the documents . Sorry.

IMO questions like "would a high school junior have written something like this" and "would a high school junior have handwriting like this?" are too generalized to be significant at determining if an individual may have written something when she was 16. One would need to have other example's of that individual's writing at that age. There's a broad range of teenage writing style, handwriting, etc. I know teens that have neater writing than mine, and neater than Casey's here. And the concept of "the end justifying the means" is one I think many teenagers would have heard mentioned or discussed.

I looked back at the Diary of Days free verse collection of clichés/Desiderata-lite. I guess I will have to look for the posts that point out the similarities because I don't find them to be extremely striking. The Diary of Days has nothing I see that corresponds to the ends justifying the means.
They both include the idea of trusting oneself. but the journal entry seems ambivalent in that area. The poem doesn't have the nagging uncertainty of the journal entry, though one interpretation of "What is given can be taken away" from the DofD may be a similar idea to the journal's "I am finally happy, let's just hope that it doesn't change."

I did'n't mean at all to convey that I thought it impossible this is from 2008.
What we have been shown in this picture is not definitive one way or the other. But the fact that they did not release anything (like subsequent pages or report of ink analysis ) that would give greater weight to it being 2008 makes me a bit skeptical whether any such evidence exists. And I feel rather resentful of the media (both mainstream and non-mainstream) for their deceptive reporting of this as proof of her state of mind in 2008 .

Hey congrats on your daughters' academic success & scholarships! Are they National Merit Scholars? I had one of those scholarships and while it didn't pay for all my college tuition, it was at least a 4 year scholarship, something I didn't have to pay back, and it helped.

Thanks for your insightful post. Again, can't dispute your reasoning. I don't think it was shown in any docs where the journal was found but the drawer was a claim made by media. So your info is as good as mine. :)

It seems more likely to me that the support for the journal, if any exists, just isn't/wasn't ready to be released. Either the testing wasn't complete or the analysis, possibly. Or they were complete but filed in an evidence grouping that hasn't been released yet; whether positive or negative for defense.

Sorry, I don't remember who else posted comparisons, if anyone but put Indigo's below. Also sorry to have misled you that all were about DoD; one was photobucket. So, after review, they're not as similar as I thought but I still feel they're very similar and show a similar mindset. KC isn't bright enough to have an original thought, imo. I would expect her writings to be copied, cliche'd and repetitive, particularly from a similar time frame, as I tend to think of these writings. This is why her lies have bits of truth woven in, imo, not because she doesn't mean to entirely deceive but because she's not clever enough to totally make something up. Dating JH; working at Universal; working at SA where her friend works; details of imaginanny that match real ZFG; etc. etc.

Finally, thanks for letting me bask in the whole scholarship thing again. Highlight of my day, and often. ;) Yes, 4 years, books and one even got free dorm and meal plan for selecting her school.

------------------

Indigo and Capri posted a link allegedly showing notebooks and papers being collected on 12/12:

http://www.wftv.com/video/18262763/index.html

Diary of Days by McNugget:

“On the worst of worst days, remember the words spoken
Trust no one, only yourself.
With great power, comes great consequence.
What is given can be taken away.
Everyone Lies.
Everyone Dies.”

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2598441&postcount=9

Journal by Jay D:

June 21

--I have no regrets, just a bit worried. I just want for every-thing to work out okay. I completely trust my own judgement & know that I made the right decision. I just hope that the end justifies the means. I just want to know what the future will hold for me. I guess I will soon see.
--This is the happiest that I have been in a very long time. I hope that my happiness will continue to grow.
--I've made new friends that I really like. I've surrounded myself with good people.
--I am finally happy, let's just hope that it doesn't change.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3329922&postcount=16

Comparisons by Indigo:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3337292&postcount=701

Here are just a few eerie similarities:

Casey's Diary of Days: "Tomorrow is a brand new day."

Diary entry-" Every day is a brand new beginning."

Diary entry: "I have no regrets..."

Casey's photobucket: "Regret nothing, deny everything"

http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/p...ons/th3768.png

-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3340392&postcount=867

Here's another interesting comparison:

Casey's diary entry:

"I am finally happy.
Let’s just hope that it doesn’t change."

Casey's photobucket:

"I'm not afraid of happy endings.
I'm just afraid my life won't work that way."

-------------------------------------------------

Line by line by lin:

DoD: On the worst of worst days, remember the words spoken
Journal: I have no regrets, just a bit worried. I just want for every-thing to work out okay.

DoD: Trust no one, only yourself.
Journal: I completely trust my own judgement & know that I made the right decision.

DoD: With great power, comes great consequence.
Journal: I just hope that the end justifies the means.

DoD: What is given can be taken away.
Journal: I just want to know what the future will hold for me. I guess I will soon see.

DoD: Everyone Lies. Everyone Dies.

Journal: This is the happiest that I have been in a very long time. I hope that my happiness will continue to grow. I've made new friends that I really like. I've surrounded myself with good people. I am finally happy, let's just hope that it doesn't change.

I just can't fault the SA here.

Never have *I* seen a case where the defendant does so little to help herself. Pretending to (and failing badly) to help the investigation, lying when the truth would sound better, failing to hire competent lead counsel, taking her family through the most horrific turmoil imaginable, showing inappropriate emotion, being the picture of narcissim, and dumping the body of her little girl not just like trash, but with trash.

The Sunshine laws certainly haven't helped her, but the defense and KC herself has done an abominable job with their counter PR. The way the media has been in a lather over this story, there would be no lack of opportunity to get KC's story out there. The problem? She doesn't have one! You know the rest of the defense team is in a frenzy right now, because they know their client is guilty as hell and KC is cooperating with them just as well as she cooperated with LE. They're likely desperate to get a non- NDI defense out there and KC is still all "I dropped her off with Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez, along with a laundry bag of her things, a pack of stickers, and the duct tape she had asked to borrow. She said she had a leaky pipe..."

It's laughable, and the evidence is all but tap-dancing to a song about her undeniable guilt. I've followed a lot of cases over the years, but never have I seen such a weak attempt at a counter-argument.

The SA was required to release all this to the defense, and the State of Florida was bound by law to release it. Where is the defense statement about the journal? Has there been one? I may have missed it. But neither you or I or Zanny know when that entry was written, and it's very possible LE does. And we can't accuse them of demonizing her unless it's known she's not a demon.

I see pages missing. I thought so before; the nice blowups of the ink helped. A journal can be one of those things you get for Christmas one year and put in a drawer until which time you think you need one. I think the stuff on the cover was written in '03--the misspelling, etc. I don't think the red pen means anything--I'm a bit nuts that way--if I started something way back with a red pen, I'd use a red pen again because it looks better. Even if no one else reads it.

I'm don't mean to put my own nuttiness on KC though. Lord knows she has enough of her own.

(emphasis added)

Exactly.gif

Very well said. Thank you.

Bolded is such a great line, I will likely steal it, er, I mean borrow it. Made me think of this:

5a.gif

Wish I could have added a sound track saying "guilty" "Guilty" "GUILTY" :)

Quite honestly, I think the journal was written in '03. We have no idea why Casey was happy about whatever. Maybe she made new friends after school let out. Maybe she had an abortion, thus the statement "I hope the end justifies the means". The journal is not relevant unless LE can prove when it was written. I don't think they can.

June 21. summer vacation for a high school student. Casey would have been about 17 then. So much we don't know.

I honestly do not know what to think about the journal. '03 in the left hand corner could mean anything. The fact that pages are torn out worries me a lot. This should not be submitted into evidence unless prosecution can PROVE when the entry was written. I've heard hand writing experts can determine if Casey was "older" on June 21 than the original '03 date on the left hand side. The trial could spend at least two weeks on experts about handwriting analysis, etc.

Not a good idea. Much more overwhelming evidence.

I think most here agree with you, contrary to the accusations of some. There's just no way to be certain without more info. Sure, a lot of us lean one way or another but for the most part seem to be very respectful and appreciative of another's opposite view because, like you, we just aren't sure. The entry will only be admitted if it's relevant, meaning if it's from '08. It may be something that will be stipulated if the evidence is overwhelming. The defense would have to present experts to dispute an '08 determination by the state and may not be able to find one if it's as black/white of an analysis as I think it may be. Some things either are or aren't and there's not a lot of room for interpretation. Of course, unfortunately, a lot of other things are open to interpretation and the defense may determine their resources may be better spent on another more damning area.

Guess we'll all find out at trial! :)

With due respect, KC sank that boat a long time ago with her own actions. As someone who lives in Florida and hears about this case on the local and the national news, I can't fathom there are people out there who were like "Well, I thought she was innocent until that diary entry! Now I want her to fry!"

She was as good as guilty in the eyes of the public from when we first saw her getting arraigned in court.

If this case is taking anything to new depths, it's because this story would be too unbelievable to be true if we saw it in a novel. KC stands alone when it comes to contrived explanations for and actions in the commission of filicide.

Exactly.gif

MomofBoys, if you right click on the image above you can copy the url. It would save me a lot of time if you would please just go ahead and add that to all of your posts from me. :)

Quite honestly, I think the journal was written in '03. We have no idea why Casey was happy about whatever. Maybe she made new friends after school let out. Maybe she had an abortion, thus the statement "I hope the end justifies the means". The journal is not relevant unless LE can prove when it was written. I don't think they can.

June 21. summer vacation for a high school student. Casey would have been about 17 then. So much we don't know.

Wow, that was a quick change. I just responded to your posted about being unsure and even before it hit the page, you settled on a firm opinion. Just curious, if you wouldn't mind sharing, what convinced you it was '03 for a certainty? TIA

Line by line by lin:

DoD: On the worst of worst days, remember the words spoken
Journal: I have no regrets, just a bit worried. I just want for every-thing to work out okay.

DoD: Trust no one, only yourself.
Journal: I completely trust my own judgement & know that I made the right decision.

DoD: With great power, comes great consequence.
Journal: I just hope that the end justifies the means.

DoD: What is given can be taken away.
Journal: I just want to know what the future will hold for me. I guess I will soon see.

DoD: Everyone Lies. Everyone Dies.

Journal: This is the happiest that I have been in a very long time. I hope that my happiness will continue to grow. I've made new friends that I really like. I've surrounded myself with good people. I am finally happy, let's just hope that it doesn't change.

Wow, that might as well serve as an outline. I think the bit about KC not having an original thought in her head is right on target. I've always gotten the impression that KC is an amalgamation of everyone she sees or reads. She steals a bit from each one, doesn't like what she sees within herself, and that's where the lies stem from. CayleeKilling!KC is who she really is and she's probably too afraid to face that. To paraphrase an old CBS description of CSI's Sara Sidle (miss her): "She's afraid of what she might learn about herself is she ever slows down."

Very interesting analysis; it's why I love coming here so much.

Aim your emoticon right back at yourself there. :)

Exactly! Where did they find this journal? In Casey's night stand? I think it was a teenager who wrote something in '03. Now whose spinning? Prosecution?

The prosecution? Spinning? Surely you jest! :rolleyes:

Why, that's almost as inconceivable as the ridiculous notion that the prosecution would engage in any tactical selectivity in determining what evidence to turn over to the defence (and so make it a public record) and when.
:rolleyes: ;)

The prosecution? Spinning? Surely you jest! :rolleyes:

Why, that's almost as inconceivable as the ridiculous notion that the prosecution would engage in any tactical selectivity in determining what evidence to turn over to the defence (and so make it a public record) and when.
:rolleyes: ;)

Will you please explain the basis for your statement? Not necessarily asking for links, just the reasoning you used. TIA

Wow, that might as well serve as an outline. I think the bit about KC not having an original thought in her head is right on target. I've always gotten the impression that KC is an amalgamation of everyone she sees or reads. She steals a bit from each one, doesn't like what she sees within herself, and that's where the lies stem from. CayleeKilling!KC is who she really is and she's probably too afraid to face that. To paraphrase an old CBS description of CSI's Sara Sidle (miss her): "She's afraid of what she might learn about herself is she ever slows down."

Very interesting analysis; it's why I love coming here so much.

Aim your emoticon right back at yourself there. :)

Awww, shucks. Guess WeThinkAlike. And I take that as a compliment.

snoopy_thankyou_big.gif

The prosecution? Spinning? Surely you jest!

Spin is a part of our legal system really. No different than Baez and company calling tried-and-true admissible forms of evidence analysis "junk science."

I don't understand the rest of your post, though. Are you speaking specifically about something you know?

in starting to think she has given up trying to deny it.
i don't mean by this that we are going to get a confession, ever.
or the real story.

but since remains were found KC has totally clammed up.
wouldn't the KC we know from the beginning take this diary entry thing to the max, giving an overly detailed and possibly fabricated story explaining what the journal entry was referring to?

not that i am encouraging her to step back into the public light to bask in more undeserved fame.. but her silence is deafening sometimes.
:twocents:

Just a hypothetical thought here....

Who's to say that CA might have possibly torn out the missing pages? Since she was so geared toward neatness i.e. washing clothes out of the car, giving LE the WRONG hairbrush, not giving credit card statements when asked, and I'm still wondering about the toothbrush hidden inside 2 ice chest on a shelf in the garage. Maybe the missing page(s) were pertaining to something that happened in 2003, maybe the page opposite the diary entry did have the date as 2008.

Who's to say that CA might have possibly torn out the missing pages?

Wouldn't that infer that she wants to see KC prosecuted?

Which is an interesting thought; try to stay on KC's good side through the press while sending her up the river to Starke in private.

(bold above by me)

Not that it particularly matters, but I decided she was guilty when I first heard the story in the news in July last year. I got as far as "31 days" and "the nanny did it".

I didn't start reading here until 6 months later when I stumbled across WS while researching Caylee for a friend's radio program. Nothing since has changed my opinion.

On the bright side, I am glad I discovered this group of good people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yoohoo27