Casey's Diary Entry for June 21st & Missing Pages #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What a farce this family is. :mad: Cindy with her, "if she was out of jail, we could talk to her and find out where is Caylee." But then later, when KC was out of jail, they all just tiptoed around her on eggshells! :mad:

Then there was Jose's, "there is a reason, but I can't divulge it at this time." Such gobbletygook and subterfuge! These people are unbelievable with their outlandish lies, and this was an early interview, and the media is still soft-balling the questions at them even now. :mad:

Interesting how they said that Cindy was reading KC's diary to look for any clues...if the diary was from 2003, as the facing page showed, in the pic we saw, why would Cindy be looking for clues there...I agree...Cindy tore out the missing pages and this diary was from 2008!

These early videos are extremely interesting to watch now!
Wow, what a good point...why would Cindy be looking for clues in that diary if it was really written back in 2003 ?

:clap::clap::clap:

What a farce this family is. :mad: Cindy with her, "if she was out of jail, we could talk to her and find out where is Caylee." But then later, when KC was out of jail, they all just tiptoed around her on eggshells! :mad:

Then there was Jose's, "there is a reason, but I can't divulge it at this time." Such gobbletygook and subterfuge! These people are unbelievable with their outlandish lies, and this was an early interview, and the media is still soft-balling the questions at them even now. :mad:

Interesting how they said that Cindy was reading KC's diary to look for any clues...if the diary was from 2003, as the facing page showed, in the pic we saw, why would Cindy be looking for clues there...I agree...Cindy tore out the missing pages and this diary was from 2008!

Excellent point! I use to journal quite a bit. I like to write but if I pick up an old notepad, I will rip up previous pages in it and continue on. I'm sorta neat like that. I'd also write 'motivational' or ' inspirational' sayings on the inside cover so obviously that remained. So I can see the real possibility that the inside cover is not indicative positively that what she wrote inside the diary was from 2003. I can't understand why LE didn't take it into possession to check out.

Excellent point! I use to journal quite a bit. I like to write but if I pick up an old notepad, I will rip up previous pages in it and continue on. I'm sorta neat like that. I'd also write 'motivational' or ' inspirational' sayings on the inside cover so obviously that remained. So I can see the real possibility that the inside cover is not indicative positively that what she wrote inside the diary was from 2003. I can't understand why LE didn't take it into possession to check out.

I bet they did. This wouldn't be the first time Brad C. has flat-out lied on television. I don't know why anyone thinks he is so great.

[/B]

I bet they did. This wouldn't be the first time Brad C. has flat-out lied on television. I don't know why anyone thinks he is so great.

It wasn't on any LE search warrant returns (the lists of things they take from a a search), so it wasn't taken in for testing.

[QUOTE=sarah7855;3906511]It wasn't on any LE search warrant returns (the lists of things they take from a a search), so it wasn't taken in for testing.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I havent read all those, just guessing.

But, pictures were taken by LE of the relevant page in her diary. Maybe, they did have the page analyzed, handwriting, to determine if it was a more recent entry or really done back in 2003 ? I'd imagine they could do that with a photograph of the page ?

The problem I see with this is that if in fact CA were looking through the diary for clues and tore out the pages, I would think she would have torn out the one we saw, also. :confused:

But, pictures were taken by LE of the relevant page in her diary. Maybe, they did have the page analyzed, handwriting, to determine if it was a more recent entry or really done back in 2003 ? I'd imagine they could do that with a photograph of the page ?

Not sure the search warrant would allow them to take just anything. Taking a picture allows them to go back and get it if they feel it is somehow related to the crime. I think that video where Cindy claims to have gone through KC's journals to see if she could find clues might make LE thinks twice about finding those journals before court, though. If Cindy cannot produce them, hummmmmm, what would that mean? The pages torn out does not look good for Cindy, now does it???? Nore does that fact that that particular journal is now in the hands of their attorney.

Not sure the search warrant would allow them to take just anything. Taking a picture allows them to go back and get it if they feel it is somehow related to the crime. I think that video where Cindy claims to have gone through KC's journals to see if she could find clues might make LE thinks twice about finding those journals before court, though. If Cindy cannot produce them, hummmmmm, what would that mean? The pages torn out does not look good for Cindy, now does it???? Nore does that fact that that particular journal is now in the hands of their attorney.

--emphasis mine

Exactly. The diary was not listed on the search warrant, therefore they could not seize it that day. I've been a big believer that that entry was written in 2008, however there is SOME reason that LE has not taken custody of it yet. They must know something we do not.

More than likely, the reason it was not taken, was the fact that it would be an uphill battle to

a) Prove it was written in 2008

b) Prove that she was writing about killing Caylee

I believe they just didn't think it was important enough to pursue or there was something in the way it was found that led them to believe it wasn't from 2008. These guys are just too good to let something like that slip by and I'm sure if they thought of it in hindsight they would have gone back and gotten it. There would be nothing stopping them from obtaining another search warrant and since they took pictures of it the A's couldn't claim that it didn't exist.

More than likely, the reason it was not taken, was the fact that it would be an uphill battle to

I believe they just didn't think it was important enough to pursue or there was something in the way it was found that led them to believe it wasn't from 2008. These guys are just too good to let something like that slip by and I'm sure if they thought of it in hindsight they would have gone back and gotten it. There would be nothing stopping them from obtaining another search warrant and since they took pictures of it the A's couldn't claim that it didn't exist.

Or they did find the other journals and this one just is not worth taking into evidence. Wishful thinking on my part. Must admit that with that video of Cindy saying early on that she went through KC's journals to find clues has me wondering if LE actually did find some journals. And if not, where are they??????

Or they did find the other journals and this one just is not worth taking into evidence. Wishful thinking on my part. Must admit that with that video of Cindy saying early on that she went through KC's journals to find clues has me wondering if LE actually did find some journals. And if not, where are they??????

I'm, still of the opinion that KC has very damning writings on the desktop and the laptop. There are many places to go online and do a journal or diary. I'm sure she hand wrote some too and possibly that picture correlates to something they found thru computer forensics. Time will tell-I'm not worried, I think LE has crossed every T and dotted every i!:clap:

I agree. In a legal setting the diary is just too tenuous and problematical to become part of the case. At least as far as we know about the diary right now. It would be more trouble than it is worth at this point.

I have a question for those who think this diary cannot be from 2008 because KC would not have risked writing in her own journal that she has "no regrets," that she hopes "the end justifies the means," that "this is the happiest that I have been in a very long time," etc. on June 21 if she had just murdered her daughter a few days earlier.

Wouldn't this same logic apply to the "Diary of Days" poem? In other words, if KC would have been afraid to write down the things we see in the diary for fear that it would later make her look guilty, wouldn't she also have been afraid to write "what is given can be taken away--everyone lies everyone dies" on July 2? Or to write the IM to Iassen on July 13:

ID ...are you happy now?
KC (11.44AM) I am very happy now
ID Thats good
KC Thanks :)
ID I dont remember what that feels like
KC I'm sorry hun :-(
ID Thats life i guess
KC This is the first time i've felt this way in along time....yeah. it is, seriously.

Also, remember TL saying he woke several times to kc crying and watching videos of Caylee on her laptop? She could've easily had middle-of-the-night journal sessions as well.

Unless she was just being overly dramatic in this particular entry, it seems to reference something pretty life changing she had just chose to do. She would've been, what, 17? What life changing events do 17 y/o's choose to do?

And where are the questions by LE to CA/GA about the location of those journals in their interviews????? How about in the civil trial for ZFG, those journals would be important to show no mention of ZFG, etc.,,,,,, journals just seem too important to me to not take into custody by now, even if they are not fruitful, I'd still want to secure them simply to keep the family from fabricating stories "into" the journals.....you know, "dear diary, today I went to Zanny's house where Caylee played with her dog, then on the drums, then went to sleep in her special bed, with her blanket, and her toys, and her clothes........then I went to work at Universal....." I don't understand why BC would have the diary or journals....that makes no sense to me.

I'm, still of the opinion that KC has very damning writings on the desktop and the laptop. There are many places to go online and do a journal or diary. I'm sure she hand wrote some too and possibly that picture correlates to something they found thru computer forensics. Time will tell-I'm not worried, I think LE has crossed every T and dotted every i!:clap:

oooh! I never thought of computer journaling! I bet you're right!

That would be pretty routine for me, too.....I have to start fresh on my lists and thoughts... (is there such a thing as "kinda" OCD?)

I just hope that if the state considers using this as evidence, that someone on the jury also "neatens up" their writings in this manner and can 'splain the habit.

~Snipped for space~

If she was trying to get rid of evidence written in Kc's journals, why just tear out pages? Why not get rid of the whole thing? And ALL of KC's journals for that matter.And why leave a page that seems so incriminating?
I agree that the entry could possibly be from 2008, but we'll have to wait and see.
Her comment about having new friends and surrounding herself with 'good people', is interesting..... like she already knows that she is easily influenced by negative things and people, and needs to work hard to be 'good'.
JMO

If LE did not take it because it was not listed in the original warrant, they at least photographed it and showed that several pages had been ripped out. Personally, I think it would have been harder for CA (or KC to change an 8 to a 3 instead of the other way around, so perhaps LE thought it was truly from 2003. They may have taken the photos to provide handwriting samples that could be compared to those which are more current to see if any major personality traits or tendencies might have changed.

They also might be interested in using it as a benchmark in terms of any long-term psychological issues (or lack thereof), and they may have also photographed the journal to have physical evidence of CA's claims that they exist.

While I can see KC as the type to use a journal in 2003, I think she, as many people have done, have moved their private thoughts and communications to a more public forum in the form of social network sites, blogs, etc. I just don't see many people her age using pen and paper these days to chronicle their thoughts and lives. For one thing, in KC's case, I imagine keeping her thoughts on line served two purposes: it gave her an audience and feedback and the ability to create or reinvent a different persona from the one she had in high school, a form of attention which she apparently craved, and to a certain degree (hey, the whole myspace, facebook social network thing is so Warhol fifteen minutes of fame to begin with), and it allowed her to limit who had access to her thoughts or fantasies by requiring her readers to be accepted as friends or snoopy family members to need a password to access her account.

I might be wrong, but I can imagine CA violating the privacy of her daughter as an adolescent, searching through her room and looking for diaries in an attempt to discover any secrets or wrongdoings her daughter may have been engaged in. (Not that many moms don't do this, but I think CA was a gold medal helicopter parent and may have never fostered the kind of mutual trust and respect that makes super sleuthing teenage activities less necessary.) I don't think openness and honesty was exactly a hallmark family value in the Anthonys anyway, and I can see CA snooping around trying to find evidence of her daughter "straying" from the path CA imagined her daughter should take. She may have had confrontations with her about finding them in earlier years and KC just simply quit putting her thoughts down on paper if she believed the sanctity of her own privacy was not respected.

So I tend to doubt the importance of the diary pictures as it exists now - if LE needed it at a later date, they would at least have photographic proof if it had been tampered with after the photo was taken.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chefk
Back