Casey's hair & court attire

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The longer hair, whatever we personally think of it, has IMO been allowed to grow out for one reason only, and is meant to serve one purpose only: to soften KC's "look."

The whole Little House on the Prairie thing is just one more desperate ploy. :cow:

Also, the Rachel Wade case has been mentioned... At least she shows up to court wearing appropriate attire--business casual it looks like, cleavage covered by camisoles, etc.

If that's the case, the Little House look, we can expect to soon see braids hanging down, a la Mary, Laura, and Carrie Ingalls. Frankly, my dear, she reminds me more of Nellie and Nancy Olsen, but neither of them wore long braids, they were just mean little kids. Neither the Ingalls or Olsen girls allowed their cleavages to make an appear in public.

Judge Perry should remind the Defense Team that cleavage peeping isn't proper courtroom etiquette and their client should come to court properly attired so the old gentlemen wouldn't have such a temptation. Poor Judge Perry has to school everyone, Defense, witnesses, and spectators how to dress and act in the courtroom (no shorts, wear suits and ties or nice clothing, no gum or tobacco chewing, no cell phones, no buzzing hearing aid batteries....) :shakehead:

She's had her hair done? Funny, I thought they were going for the "poor me, look at how short my hair was when I got thrown in jail, and look how long and scraggly it is now" sympathy vote. And I'm not being facetious.

I thought so, too, at first, then we hear they can have their hair styled at Florida's taxpayer's expense. So obviously, poor indigent KC would probably opt for the free service. Only thing, it always appears to need washing and a barrette or something to hold it back. I also thought she was letting it grow long enough to tie it back so stragglers wouldn't come lose, that way she wouldn't have to groom it constantly in court. Boy, was I wrong. Not a tieback in sight and all she does is "groom". :rolleyes:

IMHO...I wouldn't make too much of this...I reside in the Garden State and you have no idea how many negative things are said about this place. LOL : )

Sorry to be O/T here for a moment.

Snipped and BBM:

Snipped and BBM:

With all due respect, I am offended by your comments about Florida. There is nothing "sad" about Florida. Other states have these types of issues, as well..... or similar ones. I would venture to say that not one of our 50 states has perfect policies.

Florida is home to many of us... and we love it. You might want to keep that in mind when you make your comments about our state. If you want to make sure your taxes don't pay for the upkeep of any inmates in Florida, may I suggest you not make trips there.....

JMO.

Every state has it's good points and bad points. Florida is a great place to live and visit. Everyone on this forum is certainly enjoying our "Government in the Sunshine" law. I am very sure that at least a part of everyone's taxes go to supporting prisoners in their own state as well. There is no getting around that no matter where you live. If you have a prison system, tax payers are paying for it.

YEA, RR I get offended when people talk about Texas like we have no brains. But, then again, I just heard one of our own announcers call us AND Florida the two states who have a "rocket docket" for the death penalty.

So, I agree, about not taking things too personally here. Would you remind me next time I express defensiveness for my backward state?

I haven't read this thread so I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not.
The only thing I can think of is how extraordinarily happy Casey will be when JB tells her that Her Hair has it's very own thread here in WS.

I'm sure the defense have given KC instructions on how her hair should be worn to soften her image, but her long hair and pretty face and dainty hands all fill me with horror, I don't like looking at her, I think of the charges and the evidence against her and have an image of a cold face and silky hair gleaming in the sunshine and delicate hands tossing a decomposing murdered baby into a swamp and it detracts mightily, never has 'pretty is as pretty does' seemed so devastatingly true.

Quote Respect miss plum :)

Oh what a true post! How deeply you have seen into the heart of this matter(for me)regarding Casey and her "looks" or "beauty." As a close to 300lb woman, who has been the fat girl my whole life: I do not give just lip service to the idea that "beauty is as beauty does" either, as you put so perfectly in your post.

I was confused for myself up until your post. When reading some say, let her look the way she wants, I understand that position. Then when reading some say it is ridiculous to give her salon treatments, just give her a comb, I understand that position.

Now, I know why I can feel both ways. It's because of what you said in your post, no matter what Casey does to her outside I still feel the way I do about her insides...and any attempt to gussy her up only brings on deeper revulsion. Those that say let her look the way she wants, know too that she will be found guilty no matter what because those jurors will also see beyond any outward appearance that is used. You don't want her to be able to say she wasn't allowed to do what she wanted in her defense. When she is able to dress herself up and she is still found guilty, she cannot use that as an excuse.

But, I totally agree and get angry that it seems she is given these chances to do as she wants. I try to remember she has not been convicted. Since this is a thread about Casey's hair, I will bring up that it has bothered me for a while as to how ICA has been plucking her eyebrows? Someone said that maybe she does not have to pluck them, maybe they are just that way and I am ready to be wrong but they look like plucked eyebrows to me...

In the length of a trial, any gleem seen by the jury from the defense's smoke and mirrors will wear off and they will see what Casey always shows, Casey. But, some people are affected by someone's image more than what's on the inside or coming out of their mouths. I guess that is what the defense is hoping, that they will get at least one of these people on the jury?

I still do not understand the idea that they have to get just one person to believe there is "reasonable doubt" that Casey is guilty and then Casey walks free. I realize it is more complicated than that, (and it being complicated I know I don't know everything about it)but that I agree it is probably what Jose has told Casey to hang her hat on...and knowing little about it I still think things Jose and the defense have done points toward them working on that happening. Can it happen?

Justice is blind. But people are not. This is the first case I have followed but I am familiar with the circumstances in the Scott Peterson case. He was supposed to be a "good looker" and was dressed nicely in court but he was convicted. Although, why do I think I remember seeing him in DOC orange at one point? Is that after conviction? Mostly, I have seen him in a suit and nice hair cut in the trial pictures and videos. Casey was in a DOC blue(?)grey, when pictures of her tattoo were taken...

When is it decided that perps wear "prison garb" or "street clothes?"

TIA.

:cow:

IMHO...I wouldn't make too much of this...I reside in the Garden State and you have no idea how many negative things are said about this place. LOL : )

--------------------

Just think,it could have happened in my OHIO.LOL

YEA, RR I get offended when people talk about Texas like we have no brains. But, then again, I just heard one of our own announcers call us AND Florida the two states who have a "rocket docket" for the death penalty.

So, I agree, about not taking things too personally here. Would you remind me next time I express defensiveness for my backward state?

I reside in NY, what is said about us! Some folk are afraid to venture out to where I reside, Bronx..some of my family won't come to my home...I have to go to them. For some reason they fear the Bronx but I have found it's just like every other neighborhood, you have your good and your bad...JMHO

What I love is that Florida and Texas has no qualms about carrying out the sentence of DEATH...JMHO

I don't feel ICA has any choice with her hair, it's all due to circumstance, IMO...she is locked down 23 hrs a day. She is in PC, would she truly trust someone with a scissors or razor to cut her hair??? I think not...Even as we read about RA cutting her bangs or whatever, it was done through the cell bars...she cannot have contact with anyone for her own "safety"....:waitasec:

But what I do see, as CA is growing her hair, to me, she's still in competition with her own daughter. They have a 'sick' relationship that feeds off one another...but in the end, no matter what they do to 'soften' ICA's/CA's image, the true tale will shine through...She murdered her baby for freedom and due to jealousy these woman have for each other...contempt is a better word but in their eyes this is 'normal' to them...poor Caylee never had a chance...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I don't have a problem with Casey growing her hair long or being able to get it styled for court or styling it herself. I think the goal is for Casey to look as different as she can from the Fusian party photos and her mug shots. Before the trial starts is the perfect time for Casey to try out all the looks that she thinks will work for her in front of a jury.

I don't have a problem with Casey growing her hair long or being able to get it styled for court or styling it herself. I think the goal is for Casey to look as different as she can from the Fusian party photos and her mug shots. Before the trial starts is the perfect time for Casey to try out all the looks that she thinks will work for her in front of a jury.

The look of a human will work best IMO. Instead of perfecting propped up mop, she should work on looking like she has emotion when her daughters name is brought up. And I am not referring to the blind rage/full on temper tantrum-"make him stop"/hide my face like I am a two year old being scolded after getting caught in the act- "tears".

Hair, makeup, weight, clothing, what have you... is a total waste unless she can pull off selling the opposite of what she has shown us to this point with her Creepy Casey face.

I agree with you Eidetic,
But I hope she doesn't change a thing about her expressions.
No matter how pretty she paints herself up to be or how stylish she fixes her hair or dresses, I am counting on the jury being horrified by this sociopath's blank stare and all of the other bizarre expressions we have seen.

Sometimes I think this site gives her and her defense too many ideas to help her get a lesser sentence or off altogether. ( I shudder at that thought)

But sometimes I want to say, "Shhhhh! Don't say that! They're listening/reading."

The only thing I can think of is how extraordinarily happy Casey will be when JB tells her that Her Hair has it's very own thread here in WS.

Yes maybe Jose can inform Judge Perry about it in open court! haha

As far as I'm concerned, she can have Crystal Gayle length hair and wear all the innocent, prim clothing available, but she'll never lose the scary shark eyes and will never pass those "method acting" classes.

JMO....

I thought so, too, at first, then we hear they can have their hair styled at Florida's taxpayer's expense. So obviously, poor indigent KC would probably opt for the free service. Only thing, it always appears to need washing and a barrette or something to hold it back. I also thought she was letting it grow long enough to tie it back so stragglers wouldn't come lose, that way she wouldn't have to groom it constantly in court. Boy, was I wrong. Not a tieback in sight and all she does is "groom". :rolleyes:

The longer it is, the more she can hide her face.
Not that I know this.:angel::innocent:

Oh, whiteangora...how right you are!

I may not be putting this is the right place but I know there was debate about Cindy having long hair during her last testimony. I snipped this from the NBC program last night. This is when they were talking about decorating Caylee's bedroom. I don't believe a lot she says but she did have longer hair in the earlier days of the coverage.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1429&pictureid=12468

she did have longer hair for a while. she wore it straight and curled . most times she had a bowl cut or similiar to now. when she was in hearings it was longer . i sat behind here a few times and sometimes it was styled real nice and fluffy like set with rollers - sometimes it looked dry and straight- frumpy styled. she looks great now !

I agree...I have to say I love her hair now. I had never saw it at this length so when I saw it on the show, I grabbed a screenshot.

Wow! I'd never seen her with longer hair until I clicked on that pic. Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper