Casey's Life in Jail, Visitors; Phone Calls; Commissary etc.#3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JVM mentioned this on HLN earlier this afternoon. She said that people are sending small donations ($10-20) for Casey's jailhouse account, and that she's accumulated about $700 with which to purchase "snacks". I wouldn't send her a dime, not even :twocents:

Do inmates have to pay for their daily keep while jail? If so, whose paying for her keep? How much $$ are inmates allowed to carry in their accounts? I thought that there was a set limit? To the peeps that are donating money, all I can say is "what a waste".

Why are they putting money in her account? She will be out of jail in a couple of days, and then she can make more than these people dreamed of in an interview or two?

I hope these people are mentally competent. Too bad the jail can't check on them to make sure it is okay and they really have the extra funds.

I heard on HLN that Jose is in jail visiting her right now (Thursday, 1:30 PM, 7/14). No doubt talking about her escape plan.

oh bother...

Mel

Why are they putting money in her account? She will be out of jail in a couple of days, and then she can make more than these people dreamed of in an interview or two?

I hope these people are mentally competent. Too bad the jail can't check on them to make sure it is okay and they really have the extra funds.

21merc7,
That was my question too.

Do inmates have to pay for their daily keep while jail? If so, whose paying for her keep? How much $$ are inmates allowed to carry in their accounts? I thought that there was a set limit? To the peeps that are donating money, all I can say is "what a waste".

Never been in jail or known anyone who was, so I can't speak to whether or not inmates are "charged" for their upkeep. I think their room & board (cell and 3-meals-daily) is covered by taxpayers, but they can visit a store or commissary for personal items, undergarments, snacks/gourmet foods, etc. 'Seems that Casey started her Bella Vita early - even behind bars. Huge. Waste.

I heard on HLN that Jose is in jail visiting her right now (Thursday, 1:30 PM, 7/14). No doubt talking about her escape plan.

oh bother...

Mel

He's probably also delivering those cheap earplugs her bought at the airport yesterday.:floorlaugh: Me thinks that she doesn't want to hear what the protesters will be screaming at her upon her release. Perhaps he wants her to hear them. He did buy the cheap ones.:floorlaugh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back