Casey's Parents & Lawyers Bungle Public Relations

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
AL asked for the delay in trial date as she had "other comments" and needed more time to prepare for trial. The State is ready. Oh, and yes, the State still waits for defense's witness list.

Hi LambChop,

I am confused....I thought the murder trial would be this summer? In 2010? Did I miss something?

They are not just protecting their daughter,they are protecting the person who murdered their grandchild. The lies and cover-ups are so obvious,but they seem to think they will get away with it. For instance,during a deposition Cindy says she may have typed in chloroform instead of chlorophyl. The computer forensics would be very detailed and can show that there was no connection to Cindy trying to find out why her dog was throwing up.LE and the SA will easily be able to prove that,but Cindy blathers on ,attempting to cover for KC.
We have filled many threads discussing all the ways GA and CA have lied,covered up and tried to dupe the public.One that makes me angriest was when they kept showing the picture of another little girl at the mall.They knew that did not look like Caylee.They used that child to "protect" their daughter. It will all come back to bite them.KC will be found guilty and then we'll see what the SA has in mind for George and Cindy. JMOO

I think the challenge for CA is that she cannot stop herself, although since she has been getting some coaching she does better on TV.

I see CA as one of those restless minds that spends hours and hours thinking through events and, she became very experienced in the past addressing KC's lies and incidents in the family. I think that this is just a natural extension of that, she is trying to find ways to address that 'bad stuff' not just for KC but for herself and the family. CA cares a LOT about family image.

Given that now she has no job I just cannot begin to imagine what it is like in that house. She has no job or other responsibilities to distract her from this case and so her mind must be on overdrive trying to re-invent everything.

Rosebud is a tireless worker for JB who will not only throw anyone under the bus that also includes GA and herself -- given the misplaced guilt and idolization of Princess KC. She needs her daughters and she already lost one.

Hi LambChop,

I am confused....I thought the murder trial would be this summer? In 2010? Did I miss something?

If I am not mistaken, it was briefly slated for January 2009, then JS set it for October of 2009, but when AL came on board (in May I believe?), she stated that she would not be ready for trial by October, so it was slated for summer of 2010...

At least that is my recollection...

George and Cindy have done nothing but show disrespect to the media, the police department, the FBI, LP (who bailed their daughter out), Tim and all the volunteers and pretty much everyone that has ever tried to get justice for Caylee. Now all of a sudden they come out and want everyone to give them respect. Well I dont think so. My momma taught me long ago that you have to give respect to get respect.
And by the George and Cindy on your next media tour how about if you beg for everyone to help you find the real killer. I guess that is who you were looking for on your cruise right?

I think the challenge for CA is that she cannot stop herself, although since she has been getting some coaching she does better on TV.

I see CA as one of those restless minds that spends hours and hours thinking through events and, she became very experienced in the past addressing KC's lies and incidents in the family. I think that this is just a natural extension of that, she is trying to find ways to address that 'bad stuff' not just for KC but for herself and the family. CA cares a LOT about family image.

Given that now she has no job I just cannot begin to imagine what it is like in that house. She has no job or other responsibilities to distract her from this case and so her mind must be on overdrive trying to re-invent everything.

Rosebud is a tireless worker for JB who will not only throw anyone under the bus that also includes GA and herself -- given the misplaced guilt and idolization of Princess KC. She needs her daughters and she already lost one.

That's how I see her,also.Can you imagine the convoluted thinking she must have done to come up with the chlorophyl story?

That's how I see her,also.Can you imagine the convoluted thinking she must have done to come up with the chlorophyl story?

Hi MissJames, happy to see you. Plus CA's a nurse and I'm not but I know, for sure, that chlorophyl acts as a deodorants for dogs. People use chlorophyl tablets for their breath and CA's is old enough to remember "Chlorettes" (sp??) gum. So, are we to believe that she did not know that? I think not, no more than she was home at that time while her timecard recorded her at work.

Cindy reveals a lot by what she feels the need to lie about. Now we know that the Chloroform searches on the home computer are critical evidence to this case - that is why she came up with that elaborate lie.
Think of all the lies she has told, none of them have been about trivia.

Cindy reveals a lot by what she feels the need to lie about. Now we know that the Chloroform searches on the home computer are critical evidence to this case - that is why she came up with that elaborate lie.

Agreed. Maybe we can list them.

CA is mainly focused on the critical items, e.g., chloroform goes towards premeditation and, smell in the trunk revising to pizza goes to Caylee being deceased in KC's trunk. Those are damning so CA has nothing to lose by lying about them.

CA is trying to revise those types of things that point to KC as well as a general sense that KC was a good Mother and would not harm Caylee.

I do agree with those who say that the A's have isolated themselves as 'us' against 'everyone' because the media interviews are all about the family and discrediting the investigation --- no 'reaching' out or kudos to anyone else.

IMO, George and Cindy need to keep their mouths shut and their faces off of Television. They are doing nothing but hurting Casey's defense. It appears to me that that may be what they are trying to do. Am I alone in feeling this way?

BBM I am not sure Tulessa.
It seems to me that the A's are "quiet" when there is attention placed back on the case (discovery comes out, a court hearing) yet when there is little to no media attention on Casey they are to be seen and heard on from in the media.

Does anyone have a list of all of their media appearances and interviews? I imagine the prosecution does. I wonder what the defense thought of George's recent public reading of his letter.

I bet the prosecution does, too. I remember LDB asking GA during his deposition specifically how many times they appeared on talk shows. Of course, he downplayed it and LDB didn't respond to his answer. However, on cross I can imagine her saying,"Would it surprise you to know that you have made __talk show appearances, given __interviews and held ___press conferences?" I am positive they have the info.

I will look for the link in the depos and post it.

Well, when they are silent, everybody thinks that means that they think Kc is guilty.
When they go to the National Media (only safe place) , everybody thinks they are messing everything up. So, its darned if they do and darned if they don't. It doesn't matter what they do, it won't matter. They are disliked in Orlando, they are not respected. As a matter of fact, anyone whom is attached to Kc that is on her side is generally disrespected. Their choices in protecting their daughter could not possibly be respected. Moo

BBM

You have a link to back that up? Because I don't believe it's been the case here (on WS). I personally like when I don't hear from them. I think the public is more upset with them having exploited Caylee's death than anything else. They haven't earned anyone's respect IMO. Sympathy, yes...respect not so much. And that has very little to do with Casey...and everything to do with them.

JMHO

I believe that CA was confident her many media appearances were going to garner a lot of public support and sympathy for KC. All along, she (and lap-dog George) trying to get everyone to buy into their conspiracy theory about bad police and evidence processing work. She so desperately wants people to think that KC has been "railroaded" and that LE hasn't done their job. How wrong she was (and still is)!!
The more she prattles on about "poor KC--missing her child" the more desperate she appears. The world is behind justice for Caylee and there's nothing she can do about it. IMO, I think this really pisses her off!!!

It all boils down to one big thing about her personality that will never change---her need to control the situation. Sorry, CA....it isn't going to happen.
I applaud the amazing work of the searchers, LE, FBI, Detectives, techs and the prosecution team.

JMO....

That's why I've always thought there was more to the gas can story.

I believe that CA was confident her many media appearances were going to garner a lot of public support and sympathy for KC. All along, she (and lap-dog George) trying to get everyone to buy into their conspiracy theory about bad police and evidence processing work. She so desperately wants people to think that KC has been "railroaded" and that LE hasn't done their job. How wrong she was (and still is)!!
The more she prattles on about "poor KC--missing her child" the more desperate she appears. The world is behind justice for Caylee and there's nothing she can do about it. IMO, I think this really pisses her off!!!

It all boils down to one big thing about her personality that will never change---her need to control the situation. Sorry, CA....it isn't going to happen.
I applaud the amazing work of the searchers, LE, FBI, Detectives, techs and the prosecution team.

JMO....
Ya know, the more I think about it the more I think she doesn't care what anyone thinks. As long as she keeps getting those interviews, she's satified. KWIM?

I bet the prosecution does, too. I remember LDB asking GA during his deposition specifically how many times they appeared on talk shows. Of course, he downplayed it and LDB didn't respond to his answer. However, on cross I can imagine her saying,"Would it surprise you to know that you have made __talk show appearances, given __interviews and held ___press conferences?" I am positive they have the info.

I will look for the link in the depos and post it.

Scroll down to page 308. The line of questioning begins further down the page and continues for a few more pages:

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/21310228/detail.html

Well, when they are silent, everybody thinks that means that they think Kc is guilty.
When they go to the National Media (only safe place) , everybody thinks they are messing everything up. So, its darned if they do and darned if they don't. It doesn't matter what they do, it won't matter. They are disliked in Orlando, they are not respected. As a matter of fact, anyone whom is attached to Kc that is on her side is generally disrespected. Their choices in protecting their daughter could not possibly be respected. Moo

notthatsmart, I would like to reply with... I have never thought that if the A's were silent it meant they thought KC was guilty.

I do not believe it is their choice in protecting their daughter that is disrespected by the public at large but their words and actions that has gained them disrespect.

I believed that if the A's were silent it was because they wished the media to leave them alone and not invite scrutiny into their troubled lives.

I strongly believe that if the A's stayed off the media circuit the public would forget about them and move on to more current, newsworthy events happening locally, nationally and in the world. Then I sadly think, perhaps they do not wish to be forgotten, they have the attention of the national media and perhaps do not wish to let it slip away.

JMHO

I respectfully disagree. IMO, if G & C were silent, people may think they are finally accepting the truth and are truly grieving grandparents and may actually feel a little sympathy for them. It's not them talking that riles everyone up, it's what they're saying. They aren't going to the media to tell their indescribably painful story or to beg for justice for Caylee or to hunt for her killer. I think them continuing the media tours and spewing their nonsense is not helping, but AL & JB constantly coming forth with their BS is extrememly damning towards kc. If the defense would quit their yammering right now, it may give people time to forget about some of their comedic claims and not dispise them so much.

JMO

BBM
I agree.

I must admit that the A's media appearances do not bother me. I do not think anything about them when they are quiet. I don't care about them.

To me it is all about Justice for Caylee.

The A's are really just a sideshow now, they are just making noise. Justice for Caylee is basically in the hands of the Prosecution and I have confidence that they have a good case that is getting stronger by the day.

The A's are having the impact of keeping the story alive nationally, if not internationally which only hurts KC -- since more and more people become aware of the case and learn more about its history and true facts. They render a COV moot.

The Defense on the media also seems to do more harm than good. They are severely handicapped in that they can go to town on their bits of propaganda but they stall once the key questions are asked, like the 31 days and trunk. When they defer to that will be addressed at trial then it impacts the message they had. The facts of the case, in totality are insurmountable.

Given that the Defense enjoy such soft ball questions to date yet have not made much of a change to the perception of the general public in this case --- they'd need years to shift that perception. So it isn't helping the case, only helping them in their personal publicity.

The bottom-line is, so many people are so outraged about this particular crime -- which was really hyped to the max in those early months by the A's actions --- you simply cannot put the genie back in the bottle despite those crimes against children that have occurred since. It does not take the focus away.

The family AND Defense did a LOT of damage in those early weeks/months and no one was there for little Caylee. The nation adopted Caylee and she enjoys fierce support and love. Of course the A's cannot win either way now, they made a big mistake and it cannot be fixed.

While it was appropriate for the A's to love and support KC they did the opposite extreme and got involved in shenanigans to not just defend her but derail investigation. They did so at the price of turning away from Caylee.

It is all about Justice for Caylee and always will be.

I like and agree with your post.

Judge Strickland once said that Casey and the truth are strangers.

I believe that the viewing public can confidently conclude that ....

The Anthony's and Public Relations are strangers.

I personally believe that GA and CA are doing everything in their power to make sure that KC gets convicted.

If that means going on national television and making utter fools of themselves, well then so be.

They know who killed their granddaughter, and they are gonna make sure she pays, and pays and pays.

KC knows it to, that's why she won't even look at them in the courtroom.

The A's want KC to pay for what she did.

JMO, MHO, MOO...etc...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back