Caseys tax problems exposed..maybe

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How likely is KC to go to court for tax evasion?

The IRS takes tax evasion pretty seriously. I think they would have no problem at least charging her with tax evasion and putting it on her record. Adding more time to her sentence... whether it is LWOP plus ?? years? or DP plus ?? years?

I don't know, but it wouldn't be hard to find out. Just keep watching Osceola Public Records. He lives and works in that county.

It appears that he let ICA put all of the assets (monies from ABC et all) in HER name,and because she was in jail he got the checks,(mailed to his office)she signed the checks and HE cashed them into his business account.He would not have been issued any monies which would have made him liable for the taxes,ICA was. However he better hope IRS never comes a-calling to do an exam on his business,now that might prove to be interesting,what happen to all the monies he received JMHO :twocents:

Let's say Casey got the check from ABC. The check was for $200,000.00. Casey simply signs the check directly over to JB and he then pays himself the, I believe it was $80,000.00 and $20,000.00 went to AL... what if he used all the other money on Casey's other lawyers?? Would that make JB solely responsible for the taxes??

Or would Casey have had to pay the taxes on the $200,000.00 first, then hand over money to JB and then JB was obligated to pay the taxes of money he earned??

Yes, hers would be taxable and if she signed the check over to JB (retainer fee)then he best made sure he filed it on his retrun as income too. That would be ordinary income to him.
Oh boy wouldn't that be terrible if he got one too. This circus keeps going on and on.

Hmmmm! Wonder if the IRS would consider these monies 'earned income' or 'charitable donations'? ;)

I don't think they were enough to even be considered taxable income!

ETA: Nevermind....just saw your winky smiley!

Looks like ICA should have had a CPA on her team as well. (No one else on the DT knew enough about money to consider her tax liability on that transaction? Hmm...) :sheesh:

Jose Baez is Casey Anthony's atty of record. He knew damn good and well taxes needed to be paid on those monies and he probably figured she was going to prison so what the He!!.

I don't think KC was smart enough to know about taxes on that kind of money, or he didn't tell her. It's not right and it's not fair that a Atty (this atty) would pull this crap, weather it be her or someone else.

Does anyone remember when he skipped out on court early? Was it Wed May 18?

I really hope the JAC has taken note of this. JB already has a history of being financially irresponsible. This should be another huge red flag about anything he submits to the state of Florida for payment. :gavel:

Did/Does Jose have POA for KC? Wouldn't he be responsible to paying all her bills, not just the ones he liked?

You know, during the SA's opening statement Jeff said something about the beautiful photos of Caylee being taken by the grandparents-- KC started shaking her head no, no, no-- I thought it was simply narcissistic. But now, of course, I remember this is her income-- maybe all these new videos and images will pay off that lien. But can she pay out 68,000 while she's indigent? Baez better step carefully... mo

Jose Baez is Casey Anthony's atty of record. He knew damn good and well taxes needed to be paid on those monies and he probably figured she was going to prison so what the He!!.

I don't think KC was smart enough to know about taxes on that kind of money, or he didn't tell her. It's not right and it's not fair that a Atty (this atty) would pull this crap, weather it be her or someone else.

Does anyone remember when he skipped out on court early? Was it Wed May 18?

bbm
Yes. It was...Wed. May 18...Tax Lien notice was prepared and signed May 17th...and it was recorded with the Osceola clerk of court on May 25.

Hey how much of an income from the pics would she have gotten to come up with a $68,000 IRS tab???

I wonder how log it will be till Fla. files for their state taxes?

JB gave a POA to his wife on April 27

http://198.140.240.30/or_web1/or_sch_1.asp

The document states that the POA/Attorney-In-Fact is for a specific property(not the home they live in) in the Pebble Point subdivision(Pebble Point Unit 1 the doc says) and I found that specific property was sold as a Short Sale on April 27th,2011

It seems like this POA was for one of the properties owned by them that had a Lis Pendens issued by the court and ended being sold as a short sale

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back