Cause of Death - Charles and Braden Powell **Warning-Graphic Thread**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Did the monster hug the children & say "daddy loves you,"?
ULGH!

There was not much time but I keep thinking he must have said something.
Even young kids know the smell of gasoline & that it is dangerous to strike a match.

I posted on the first thread and now my post is gone. I would have thought they would be merged with this one??

I just can't believe this. As if things couldn't get any worse???

What a sick individual - to use a hatchet on his own children. It's beyond disgusting. He didn't care if those children suffered. It's almost as if he wanted them to suffer!

May Josh Powell rot in hell. I hope I'm allowed to say that here. He's the lowest of the low the doesn't even deserve to be called human.

He wanted those left behind to suffer. His selfish actions demonstrate that clearly. Seriously, to leave instructions where to find his money, demonstrates just how sick and evil this man is.

Edited to move my additional comments to the appropriate thread.

I'm having a difficult time with the timeline and details !?

1 - This was a Sunday. Do government case workers usually work on the weekends? They don't in my state.

2 - Is it SOP for 'supervised visitation' to occur at the home of the parent who is being supervised? Is this a discretionary call on behalf of the case worker/judge ? If so, why was this allowed?

3 - If the kids were attacked with a hatchet first and then the house suddenly 'erupted into a ball of flames', wouldn't they have died of burns/trauma instead of smoke inhalation?

4- I understand cause/effect of gas and a match but rarely does a house explode in the blink of an eye (like it does in the movies.)

I'm just having a hard time with the information that's been reported thus far and would like to know more about the case worker and the EXACT details of his/her story.
I am also very curious about the exact time line of events.
He also send a bunch of e-mails, voice mails. When was he doing all that? If before the children showed up, a very risky move that could have ended up ruining his plans.

In the accounting I read it said 'neck'. I assumed it was the back of the neck and not the throat. Is there a report out there that says specifically 'throat'. It really doesn't matter whichever is horrendous. Beyond what I can imagine. He was pure evil. jmo

It had to be the neck. If it were the throat that injury would likely have been the COD.

It had to be the neck. If it were the throat that injury would likely have been the COD.

Not necessarily. Some people have survived their throat slashed.

Josh was a monster! I read this report earlier today, grabbed another cup of coffee and rubbed my eyes. I thought I was misreading the article.
Josh planned this well in advance. What he did to the boys is unconscionable, unthinkable.
Prayers for the Cox family. How are they coping? :(

On Sunday, Powell's boys came for a routine supervised visit. They ran ahead, the social worker falling behind. Powell then locked the door, used a hatchet on his kids, and lit the house on fire.

Ultimately, Powell and both boys died of smoke inhalation, Pierce County Medical Examiner's Office investigator Melissa Baker said Monday evening.

But they also suffered "chop injuries" that contributed to their deaths — 7-year-old Charles was struck on his neck and 5-year-old Braden had injuries to both his head and neck, Baker said.

Pierce County Sheriff's Detective Ed Troyer said investigators found a hatchet that they believe was used on the boys.

"We recovered a hatchet — a small ax," he said. "It was right there with the bodies."

http://www.rgj.com/article/20120207...sons-blaze-left-voicemail-watch-video-report-

You can set email to auto deliver. I am assuming that this is what he did.

You can set email to auto deliver. I am assuming that this is what he did.

And voicemails? And what difference would it make if emails were on auto delivery or not? The emails still arrived before the fire started. Clearly he could have send them himself without setting on auto. My question is-did he do all that before or after children arrived at his home?

What an evil, evil man. For a family to support such evil is pretty much equally evil in my eyes. I'm just sitting here shaking my head wondering where people like this come from. Evil, evil, evil.

I'm having a difficult time with the timeline and details !?

1 - This was a Sunday. Do government case workers usually work on the weekends? They don't in my state.

2 - Is it SOP for 'supervised visitation' to occur at the home of the parent who is being supervised? Is this a discretionary call on behalf of the case worker/judge ? If so, why was this allowed?

3 - If the kids were attacked with a hatchet first and then the house suddenly 'erupted into a ball of flames', wouldn't they have died of burns/trauma instead of smoke inhalation?

4- I understand cause/effect of gas and a match but rarely does a house explode in the blink of an eye (like it does in the movies.)

I'm just having a hard time with the information that's been reported thus far and would like to know more about the case worker and the EXACT details of his/her story.

1 & 2 - You can find the answers in this article
http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/crime-law/caseworker-who-witness-explosion-powell-home-beyon/nHWbb/

3 - Sorry, don't know, I'm not a medical professional!

4. Watch Papa's video posted here:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7577112&postcount=438"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Josh Powell's House in WA blows up - Thread #2[/ame]

What an evil, evil man. For a family to support such evil is pretty much equally evil in my eyes. I'm just sitting here shaking my head wondering where people like this come from. Evil, evil, evil.

As far as I am concerned they come straight from hell. Even the devil has his angels. jmo

This just makes me nauseous and teary at the same time. It just keeps getting worse. My one hope, when I read about the house explosion, was that the boys went quickly and didn't suffer a moment's worth of fear. That hope was deflated with this newest revelation. I hope Josh Powell is in the lowest, hottest level of hell. What an evil, twisted "human being" he was. He's amongst the lowest of the low... my heart just aches for those babies...

The house didn't "blow up." He burned it down using gasoline. Carbon monoxide poisoning is a standard cause of death for someone who dies in a fire.

"The characteristic biphasic distribution of carboxyhemoglobin in fire victims together with other observations suggest that the principal causes of death are carbon monoxide followed by carbon dioxide poisoning and/or oxygen deficiency, while the influence of heat is considered to be of minor importance."
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6423473

I still say you've GOT to be insane to do something like this to your children.

or just plain demented and/or evil.

I don't think Josh was insane but full of HATE (evil) :maddening:

talk about a GUILTY conscience.

The house didn't "blow up." He burned it down using gasoline. I think smoke inhalation is a standard cause of death for someone who dies in a fire.

Believe me, the house blew up. The gas can exploded. Did you read any of the headlines?
If he didn't blow it up then why did the neighbors report feeling earthquake like tremors?

I'm wondering how he corralled both boys to be able to do what he did. I would think that if the one that was hit second saw his brother being hit, he would run. I just can't wrap my mind around all this.
I have been thinking the same thing. Maybe he told one to go to the potty - after all he had just finished with a car ride - potty break? There were only minutes from when the boys came through the door and the explosion - but it doesn't take long and one could have ran to the bathroom having to go after the ride - KWIM?

I have been thinking the same thing. Maybe he told one to go to the potty - after all he had just finished with a car ride - potty break? There were only minutes from when the boys came through the door and the explosion - but it doesn't take long and one could have ran to the bathroom having to go after the ride - KWIM?

I was also thinking one scenario could have been that he set the fire and when the boys saw this he told them to lay down on the floor. Probably having learned that in school they didn't hesitate. When he struck one of the children the other got up to run and he had to strike more than once. jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257
Back