• Start date Start date
Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am only assuming the car seat was taken out of the car by the grandparents. Actually there would be no reason to take the car seat out of the car when the grandparents picked up the car from the towing company. So I will assume the car seat was still in the car when the police took the car. We won't know anything about the car seat until LE gives us this information.

Actually, I want proof that the gas cans were in the car, so I am in the middle of whether the cans were in the car or not.

Channel 6 has no clue what was in those bags .... they are going on "sources say" and this is ....... well we all know about "sources tell me" theory!

LE has not leaked out anything about the car except for hair, scent, and dirt! Actually I don't even think LE confirmed there was a car seat in the car.

I'm not quite sure how to post a previously posted post so if I'm doing this wrong, please excuse me.....

original post by SuzieQ on 7-22-08
"I found the statement regarding the carseat. Is "there" the carseat or the car itself?

http://www.wftv.com/news/16943435/detail.html

(snip)
Sources told Eyewitness News that investigators have talked to the person who drove Casey from an Amscott parking lot, where her car was found abandoned, and feel that person may be able to provide more information. Investigators said the car seat found does not indicate the child died there, but they are still unsure what caused the stench they said was emanating from the car."

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2404021&postcount=480

I could be wrong but I thought he said he kept gas on hand for hurricanes etc. or maybe someone from FL said that is the norm down there not sure but I heard this (I think)
I think it was my post...We, in hurricane alley, keep at least one 6 gallon tank in case of evacuation. We learned this after Rita and 3 million people left town all at once. :eek:

the news crew that was there yesterday said they were on the opposite side of the yard from the play house, I think they are trying to get soil off the bottom of the cans to compare it the soil in the car and to see if it's "typical" Florida soil

What would they need "touch DNA" for?

I would think that if they need to do DNA testing for Caylee, surely she has a toothbrush, hair brush, or something else that they could pull DNA from, right?

Right now LE has not gone inside of the Anthony household to get anything to do a comparison DNA with regards to what the stain is in the car.

LE will go in a round about way to get other DNA in order to do testing. I listened to a forensic doctor last night on Nancy Grace and he defined "touch DNA" from toys that Caylee may have played with in her playhouse. Anything that we touch leaves our skin cells on the object.

Everyone is say "shed", but there is a playhouse in the backyard also. When they talk about moving a shed around, they were actually moving the playhouse around.

LE has a searched the backyard with the permission of the Anthony's. I haven't heard that there was a "search warrant" issued, just the permission.

Now if LE wants to get in the house for clothes, toothbrushes, etc., related to Caylee, they need a search warrant or permission from the Anthony's. I feel one will eventually be issued to search the house.

I think it was my post...We, in hurricane alley, keep at least one 6 gallon tank in case of evacuation. We learned this after Rita and 3 million people left town all at once. :eek:

We also keep gas to run the generators when there is no electricity!

We keep gas and kerosene in Alabama to run generators when either there is an ice storm or tornado (offshoots from hurricanes sometimes) as frequently trees fall on the power lines.

What would they need "touch DNA" for?

I would think that if they need to do DNA testing for Caylee, surely she has a toothbrush, hair brush, or something else that they could pull DNA from, right?

We don't know that they don't have these things. Police have an "open door" policy at the Anthony's. Det. Padilla said so. Maybe something about sweat--didn't Cindy mention that?

I know-I know. What HASN"T she mentioned? Obfuscate. Obfuscate. Obfuscate.

I am only assuming the car seat was taken out of the car by the grandparents. Actually there would be no reason to take the car seat out of the car when the grandparents picked up the car from the towing company. So I will assume the car seat was still in the car when the police took the car. We won't know anything about the car seat until LE gives us this information.

plus the news has reported the car was abandoned with the carseat. I think George and Cindy must have left it in the car and thats how police and media know.
I dont think they would not have told media or police on their own that Casey abandoned the carseat too.

At the point, IF George found the gas cans in the back of Casey's car, there was "no crime" as of yet, so no, he wasn't tampering with the gas cans as potential evidence.

We only just heard this week about George finding out about who stole the gas cans. I haven't heard George say "it was a neighbor" who stole the gas cans. If you have a link to this, please post it!
I am looking, but haven't found the exact article yet. I did read it, but with so much to search through...might take time to find it. (I did notice while looking that someone on the Orlando Sentinel thread mentioned it, too.)

LE will go in a round about way to get other DNA in order to do testing. I listened to a forensic doctor last night on Nancy Grace and he defined "touch DNA" from toys that Caylee may have played with in her playhouse. Anything that we touch leaves our skin cells on the object.

LE has a searched the backyard with the permission of the Anthony's. I haven't heard that there was a "search warrant" issued, just the permission.

Now if LE wants to get in the house for clothes, toothbrushes, etc., related to Caylee, they need a search warrant or permission from the Anthony's. I feel one will eventually be issued to search the house.

Yeah, I know about skin cells from touching something and the playhouse. I did hear a reporter say yesterday that the play house is on the opposite side from the shed and that CSI wasn't near the play house. This reporter has been inside the Anthony home.

I just thought it might be easier to get DNA directly from a toothbrush or hair brush. Since the grandparents seem to be cooperating and want their granddaughter back, I wouldn't think they would have an issue with this.

Yeah, I know about skin cells from touching something and the playhouse. I did hear a reporter say yesterday that the play house is on the opposite side from the shed and that CSI wasn't near the play house. This reporter has been inside the Anthony home.

I just thought it might be easier to get DNA directly from a toothbrush or hair brush. Since the grandparents seem to be cooperating and want their granddaughter back, I wouldn't think they would have an issue with this.

We shall wait and see if LE wants to search the house.

In determining if the gas cans were ever in the trunk of Casey's car through soil comparison wouldn't this actually offer support to explain the presence of yard soil from the backyard matched to soil in the pontiac trunk i.e., explain away dirt as it came from the gas cans and not something more sinister like off of decomp. Part of a potential defense strategy? We need the DNA.

LE didn't get gas cans. I feel it in my gut! They may have picked up the car seat though and perhaps some things from the playhouse for "touch DNA" testing.
While "Touch DNA" testing was used recently in the JBR case, I don't think we are going to see it used as a standard tool for the FBI, OPD, or other local PDs. Unless there is a specific reason, the cost and time to do this would prohibit it being used on general items anyway.

I am looking, but haven't found the exact article yet. I did read it, but with so much to search through...might take time to find it. (I did notice while looking that someone on the Orlando Sentinel thread mentioned it, too.)

Was a long day on here yesterday- did I miss where the gas cans were found in Casey's car, or is someone speculating? SS

Cindy said Casey left her purse in the car. Perhaps CSI took the purse. George might have put it in the shed because it stunk and they didn't want it in the house.

I googled George Anthony shed break-in or something to that affect.And found many references..

plus the news has reported the car was abandoned with the carseat. I think George and Cindy must have left it in the car and thats how police and media know.
I dont think they would not have told media or police on their own that Casey abandoned the carseat too.

I don't trust the news/media reports because the media didn't know a thing about the car being towed on June 30th or that the Anthony's picked up the car on July 15th. The car didn't become an issue until the police removed the car from the Anthony's household.

The police know for sure, but not the media.

If she took the gas to burn the body... and put the cans on the ground...perhaps an anaylsis of the soil would help them pinpoint the location.

Remember the helicopter search?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member