Caylee Anthony 3 year old General discussion #105

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Casey Anthony was supposed to be released from jail on Tuesday but recent announcements have stated that she will still be in prison as the prosecutors couldn’t collect enough information about Caylee’s disappearance. The little girl has been missing for at least 3 months and she is only 3 years old."

http://www.enews20.com/news_Casey_A...ng_Toddler_Will_Remain_Behind_Bars_10670.html

i flipped through the previous pages, i dont know if you guys saw this, im sorry if its already been posted...

This news doesn't sound credible to me. I checked WESH, WFTV and the Orlando Sentinel and none of them report the prosecutors couldn't collect enough information about Caylee's disappearance so Casey could not be released. Also, the article states Casey won't be released from prison, but she is in jail, not prison. The article also states Caylee has been missing at least 3 months, but they have pictures of Caylee from June 15, which is 2 months and 4 days.

Please don't take my opinions of this news release as a slam against anyone. I would just like to state my opinion that this might not be completely true information.

I know she is not talking, but would someone jump in and speculate a little on this?

You know Karen, I haven't thought about it much. What do you think? I seriously want to know. The only think I thought was that maybe because they had been engaged, he was one person she was close to.

But I am not so sure that the calls concern something happening to Caylee. So I am way off the map on this one.

I sometimes think that Caylee and Casey left when George saw them. And maybe she circled around and came back....to hang, eat, steal money or gas, and the doors were locked or a key not where it should be because of the fight they had had.

Maybe George decided that I am not giving Casey free access to our home again.

Maybe the flurry of calls were to mom and dad saying.."WTH???"

What are your thoughts?

I think it is so interesting that people are lining up to support Casey's "non-story" to support that Caylee is still alive, but none of her friends are! As near as I can tell...her little pal that went to visit her in jail that she didn't seem to know, Patrick B., is the only one who has come out in support of her.

It is still odd to me that the Anthony family seems to only consist of their immediate crew. No uncles, aunts, cousins, etc. are stepping forward to speak out for Casey. Even if they were clear across the country, I would have expected to hear someone come to their defense...but nothing. Are they estranged from both sides of their families?

Maybe Zenaida kidnapped all of Casey's friends & the Anthony family members? lol

Hey! It could happen. :rolleyes:

Will a person knowledgeable of the law kindly explain this to me?

If Casey was given a bond of $500,000 and a BH is willing to post it, then how can the
prosecutors interfere?

Please explain what is happening.

prosecutors cannot interfere; they really have nothing to do with the case at this point, other than collecting evidence and filing new charges.

but law enforcement can interfere, to a certain degree. for example, they can place subsequent holds, they can appeal to the court for higher bond, etc. but at a more general level, they can simply make it procedurally difficult to get her out of jail - they can delay processing, create red tape, cancel meetings to secure her release, etc. normally, with our clients, it drives me crazy; here, i totally support it.

Technically speaking they have not whatsoever. The "holds" are assigned by the judge, in this case Hon. Strickland from the bond hearing. They have been in place since the Bond hearing and Baez is fully aware of them, for anyone to say that the prosecution is thwarting her release is disingenuous.
That being said, If they are ready to upgrade her charges they will do so prior to her release. Keep in mind, this Padilla has been in two full days and has yet to actually post the bond, fyi..

Ah, thanks for that post Blink. I agree and I think there are sealed charges waiting to be dropped if she should post bond.

This news doesn't sound credible to me. I checked WESH, WFTV and the Orlando Sentinel and none of them report the prosecutors couldn't collect enough information about Caylee's disappearance so Casey could not be released. Also, the article states Casey won't be released from prison, but she is in jail, not prison. The article also states Caylee has been missing at least 3 months, but they have pictures of Caylee from June 15, which is 2 months and 4 days.

Please don't take my opinions of this news release as a slam against anyone. I would just like to state my opinion that this might not be completely true information.

I agree Luzer. This story sounds all wrong. Is this a 'Wikipedia' type of newspaper (I know Wiki is not a newspaper but anybody can edit it) where facts are not checked?

Cuz I read that he had NOT filed the papers by the 9 pm deadline...in fact I read it from one of our great sleuthers on here....he missed the deadline.

So then I don't believe anything in the story.

If Casey was given a bond of $500,000 and a BH is willing to post it, then how can the
prosecutors interfere?

I don't think anyone has to be knowledgeable of the law to answer,
because the law has already spoken that there's a bail amount set
and it only needs to be paid and 'conditions' met.

Maybe they (Judge Strickland?) can interfere by creating obstacles
that can be hurdled, which would only result in a delay of bail-out.

Maybe it's become a contest of hombre and ego.
... wouldn't be the first time.
:crazy:

prosecutors interfere?

The 500k bond is for one single case ... (Orange County being the agency) ... other agencies (Federal, state municipal, etc.) ... or even other entities inside OCSD may have placed "holds" on Casey. These holds take time to clear ... depending on what they involve ... bad checks, ToP or even fraud, for example, could mean that additional bond money is required to clear the hold for the particular agency. Not to mention, lots and lots of paperwork. Sometimes, if a person has a hold from an outside agency ... the jail has to keep the inmate there until a transfer can be made. A lot of times, in fact most of the time, the holds from outside agencies are not evident until the inmate is being processed for release. So, even if the BH/BM thought that he knew what her holds were ... and how long it would take to clear them ... he may not have been privy to the full picture.

This is just speculating of course that the reason for the delay is because of these holds ...

You know Karen, I haven't thought about it much. What do you think? I seriously want to know. The only think I thought was that maybe because they had been engaged, he was one person she was close to.

But I am not so sure that the calls concern something happening to Caylee. So I am way off the map on this one.

I sometimes think that Caylee and Casey left when George saw them. And maybe she circled around and came back....to hang, eat, steal money or gas, and the doors were locked or a key not where it should be because of the fight they had had.

Maybe George decided that I am not giving Casey free access to our home again.

Maybe the flurry of calls were to mom and dad saying.."WTH???"

What are your thoughts?
Man oh man...I just do not have my head wrapped around it yet. If I remember correctly Jesse was one in the flurry of calls....isn't that correct?

Maybe they don't even have the money or changed their mind on the bond and have been stringing people along for the publicity.

True dat- I cannot recall another single case like it... What is the deal?
For the record SS, I would at a minimum, bake you a cake with a file in it:blowkiss:
My favorite kind of cake!!! Would you make sure that "file" was the kind which included discovery and all pertinent DNA info? LOL :blowkiss:

That seems to defeat the whole purpose of setting bail. When you say 'client', are you his attorney? If it were me still sitting in jail, I would be raising all kinds of he77!
Lanie

yes, i am his attorney. and there is nothing we can do but harass the authorities to speed up the process. and in my particular situation, i am dealing mainly with human rights cases and the department of homeland security.

but take the recent case, for example, where the alleged foreign criminal was granted habeas corpus in a breakthrough verdict. his lawyer was not even allowed to tell him that he WON his case, as he sat waiting in prison, for weeks - let alone actually be released on the bail that they set.

I mean I think it's one thing to say I'm going to post 500k for this young lady and then meet her in person and see what a heartless creature she is. Maybe they've changed their minds. Maybe they've realized there is no humanity.

Why, so they could be picked a part like everyone else?

You know, the ONLY reason they're being "picked apart" is because they can't seem to offer ANY reason to believe the "kidnap" story EXCEPT that Casey (the pathological liar by all accounts) tells them it's true.

They claim it's ALL about Caylee & yet spend the majority of their time defending Casey & telling people she has good reason NOT to tell the truth.

They tell us it's way too dangerous for LE to be told how to find Caylee & then blast people for not getting off their asses to go find Caylee.

They're being picked apart because of their OWN actions/inactions.

Man oh man...I just do not have my head wrapped around it yet. If I remember correctly Jesse was one in the flurry of calls....isn't that correct?

I definately could be wrong but I thought Jesse seemed to be a call...like several minutes...then the flurry to Geo and Cin that were only 1 minute each...which each call is registered as if they hang up, short msg, etc.

I thought it appeared that she talked to Jessee..but you know Karen, I am so filled up with minute details about this strange case that I may be wrong.

Amy fellow sleuthers remember?

I mean I think it's one thing to say I'm going to post 500k for this young lady and then meet her in person and see what a heartless creature she is. Maybe they've changed their minds. Maybe they've realized there is no humanity.

They have never met her.

yes, i am his attorney. and there is nothing we can do but harass the authorities to speed up the process. and in my particular situation, i am dealing mainly with human rights cases and the department of homeland security.

but take the recent case, for example, where the alleged foreign criminal was granted habeas corpus in a breakthrough verdict. his lawyer was not even allowed to tell him that he WON his case, as he sat waiting in prison, for weeks - let alone actually be released on the bail that they set.

DB, I did not even hear that you passed the BAR- did I miss that announcement?? My sincere congratulations, I did not realize, sorry.

Yes, I'll have to find out where that source is at - she told Jesse she was free the coming weekend and wanted to know if he wanted to get together. Also, during this time, was Ton-E away? (That little two timing . . . :) Just thought of this, but this is the call where Jesse first reported he heard Caylee in the background.

If this Jesse is the father of Caylee, it's not shocking that she'd want to
get together with him. The plan could've been completely platonic.
We just don't know that "two-timing" is an accurate way to describe it.
And who cares if she was planning to "two-time" Tony?
Where has he been since Casey's arrest?
He's clearly not committed to her.
It cuts both ways.

More pertinent, her plans with Jesse for that weekend don't reveal
what happened to Caylee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors