DNA Solves

If Caylee drowned in the Anthony's pool would they have taken the pool down

• Yes

Votes: 239 87.9%
  • No

Votes: 34 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just saw your post gngr~snap as I went to post the following (didn't get to see NG tonight):

According to this forensic botany website;
Even when there are only skeletal remains, diatoms can be detected in the bone marrow of drowned victims.
http://myweb.dal.ca/jvandomm/forensicbotany/limnology.html

I'm fairly confident that Dr. G would have done this.

I wonder if diatoms would be present in skeletal remains that had been submerged in swamp like conditions and water...Also, if then they would negate the drowning theory.. I am intrigued by the concept of diatoms and going to research some more.

I asked about chlorinated pool water yesterday and someone posted me that says she was sure they did not have chlorinated water in the pool.

That is correct.. The Anthony's used Baquacil for their pool. It is listed in one of the search warrants.

Honestly, I thought they had at least one time planned to challenge scientific evidence.....although this "accidental drowning" appears to be something thought of at the proverbial 11th hour. It has been almost three years, and if there was any merit to the theory the DT could have approached the SA long ago.......

MOO

Maybe they did and the prosecutors weren't buying it. Did you catch the faces JA was making in JB's opening?

That is correct.. The Anthony's used Baquacil for their pool. It is listed in one of the search warrants.

The woman on Nancy's grace I guess knew what kind of water they used? I'm sure JB looked into all this, though. Maybe there will be 2 scientific experts arguing about this theory.

I wonder if diatoms would be present in skeletal remains that had been submerged in swamp like conditions and water...Also, if then they would negate the drowning theory.. I am intrigued by the concept of diatoms and going to research some more.
It sounds like she would have to be alive when entering the water, water enters the lungs and ends up in the marrow maybe? Not from being submerged after. breathing ceased... I'm NOT sure...

Not likely, Mr Baez is telling the story that his client told him, he has no obilgation to protect George, if she says he put his penis in her mouth then it is Mr Baez's job to let the jurors know about it.

If this was any other girl making such a claim everyone here would be ready to lynch the father but because its Casey Anthony it cant be true.

Sorry for the O/T but your avatar photo is a HOTDOG. Very cute! Don't know why but it made me remember we used to have a poster here named HotDog. Wonder where she went. Anyone remember her/him?

Back on topic, this drowning theory won't float. (Sorry, no pun intended.) For reasons stated previously. MOO

Agreed and considering JB's performance yesterday, I have the impression that he is pretty incompetent.

ETA: But that's also a very hopeless task.

Cheney Mason, Dorothy Sims, and Ann Finnell are not though. Guess that would nip any appeal issues in the bud. MOO

Yup the whole pool chlorine/chloroform. thing is and has been debunked! They used Baquacil.

There was talk that Lee had ordered a new filter for the Anthony pool not long after June 16. If the DT has the goods on that, that would be something factual that may lend to the credibility of their story.

Hi Woe: I was just over reading the drowning thread from way back. Are you psychic? You really stayed on top of this and saw a lot of what is coming down the pike.

Nah, this idea just won't float, IMO. But we shall see.

Ethically he can't. However I think the defense is the accident that has snowballed out of control. They cooked up this story and have retold it enough between themselves that they believe it.

If you were a lawyer and your client was looking at the death penalty wouldn't you strongly suggest to them that they confess to an accident and take a deal? Why would you as a lawyer take the chance of sinking your client? You are not acting in your client's best interest if you do something that stupid.

Funny you should say that. I just saw Geraldo speaking with Bill O'Reilly. O'Reilly was scoffing at the defense's theory of drowning and JB said "This is a DEATH PENALTY case."

So, IOW, you gotta do what you gotta do? The ends justifies the means? :waitasec:

Not likely, Mr Baez is telling the story that his client told him, he has no obilgation to protect George, if she says he put his penis in her mouth then it is Mr Baez's job to let the jurors know about it.

If this was any other girl making such a claim everyone here would be ready to lynch the father but because its Casey Anthony it cant be mtrue.

I have followed this case for a while. I don't recall Casey to have accused her father of this allegation before to LE ( I think there was a jailhouse letter?) This is a serious accusation and one I would definitely consider. Please point me to where I must have missed this very important data. Links please :)

I don't believe Caylee's death was accidental. I think Casey murdered her (perhaps in anger to get back at Cindy) and then, in a moment of panic and possibly some remorse she attempted to call her parents and tell them what happened, but couldn't reach either. At that point, she created the elaborate story and moved Caylee either to the trunk or another place, before finally burying her in the woods.

George wasn't involved, Roy Kronk wasn't involved. Only Casey, all Casey. And the stories go on and on ever since.

Poor Caylee. We love you baby.

BBM
What I am saying is Jose did not pull the story about a 13 yr old Casey with her dad's penis in her mouth or George having a dead Caylee in his arms when Casey learned that she accidentially drowned and George agreed to help conceal the crime only to turn around and frame her... straight outta his butt. Those words had to come from Casey.

I never claimed it was the truth. Jose can not fabricate stories like that, he would be disbarred. Jose is working with what Casey told him on those two subjects

I would bet that someone who questioned Casey, like maybe Ann Finnell, could have asked leading questions like "were you abused as a child? Did you witness something very traumatic?" and Casey had an "ah hah" moment.

I don't think Caylee drowned in the pool. I think this was the only "accident" story that would fit. BUT, it doesn't quite fit at all. Accidental drowning victims - even those deliberately drowned - do not have 3 strips of duct tape wrapped around their mouths and noses. Obvious in the case of accidental, but totally un-needed if someone so much smaller than the drowner is being held under, etc.

KC's flurry of calls to CA and GA were - IMO - yet another attempt to arrange for a sitter for Caylee. Remember, KC and TL were at Blockbuster that night picking out a video. I think KC knew she had a "date" lined up with TL, he wasn't down with Caylee sleeping over (thought it was wrong IIRC), and KC was desperately trying to reach one of her parents with some story about having to work. I totally believe CA and GA ignored her calls because they've been to that rodeo before, and KC was already on the poop list for the check stealing hi-jinks. I totally believe KC lost it and lashed out at Caylee. OR, she attempted to dope her up so she could leave her somewhere - such as tucked away in her playhouse where no one would find her - and it backfired. moo

BTW - on a personal note - my sis was SOOOO desperate to spend time with this guy she was interested in, though she'd seen him almost every night of the three weeks they'd been dating to that point, that she absolutely flipped out on me because we HAD to move the next day and she'd miss ONE NIGHT of seeing him. She threw things, cursed, sped off in her car, freaked out screaming at me - the works. Yep. I can absolutely see KC losing it on Caylee if faced with HER being the reason why she wouldn't be able to see TL.

moo

I don't believe Caylee's death was accidental. I think Casey murdered her (perhaps in anger to get back at Cindy) and then, in a moment of panic and possibly some remorse she attempted to call her parents and tell them what happened, but couldn't reach either. At that point, she created the elaborate story and moved Caylee either to the trunk or another place, before finally burying her in the woods.

George wasn't involved, Roy Kronk wasn't involved. Only Casey, all Casey. And the stories go on and on ever since.

Poor Caylee. We love you baby.

I will agree except the flurry of phone calls could have been her making sure no one was going to interrupt what she was doing at the house; possibly putting Caylee somewhere in the back yard.

MOO

I will agree except the flurry of phone calls could have been her making sure no one was going to interrupt what she was doing at the house; possibly putting Caylee somewhere in the back yard.

MOO

Hmmm. I like your theory better than mine. Darn. :)

MOO

Good point! never thought of that but it holds water (which is much more than I can say about the defense right now).

Ethically he can't. However I think the defense is the accident that has snowballed out of control. They cooked up this story and have retold it enough between themselves that they believe it.

If you were a lawyer and your client was looking at the death penalty wouldn't you strongly suggest to them that they confess to an accident and take a deal? Why would you as a lawyer take the chance of sinking your client? You are not acting in your client's best interest if you do something that stupid.

Exactly! No one in his right mind would bet on KC waking free out of the court room.
KC is charged with first degree murder. Even if the DT can reduce it to second degree murder they have helped KC. Honestly I feel sorry for KC and don't think she should be put to death.

You can see the fire in KC's eyes when she doesn't like what is being said.

On June 16/08, I can see CMA just wanting love and attention and perhaps being a little whiney, as all children can be, especially at that age and possibly that's where the duct tape came into play, then KC left CMA in her room, went back in CMA's room and she had passed from being smothered and then KC placed the heart sticker over CMA's mouth and then started planning what she would do next.

All this tragedy just because she couldn't get a sitter -- just IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SueDoeNim
Back