Caylee Anthony General Discussion thread #134

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! ... Just got here today ... I did a quick search on this thread & the previous thread and didn't see any mention ...

First, did you notice how, during her "interrogation" at Universal, Casey kept speaking of Caylee in the past tense! ...esp. when talking about the park ...e.g., "she lovED" this or "likED" that, she "playED"... & then she turned it all around making it all about herself when she brought up Cindy not wanting her to jog anymore because a jogger had been killed in the area.

I also noticed something that made me remember a class that I took in law school Forensic Linguistics and Statement Analysis ... Criminals use certain words to "lesson" the actual meaning ...to distance themselves from the crime or omit personal pronouns to do the same thing (Cindy and Casey did a fair amount of this in their written statements and interviews) Casey frequently uses intensifiers, like the words "absolutely", "definitely", "truthfully" and "actually" ... liars use these words more often because they believe that they make deceptive statements sound "more truthful." Finally I noticed that, Casey, while under heavy pressure from detectives changes her way of speaking ... her very precise grammatically correct speech regresses ... e.g., "That's the last time I seen her." She uses "seen" instead of "saw" a lot ... but only at particularly stressful times ... almost like a transient Agrammatism ... makes me think mental illness is likely.

I can't wait 'til my hubby gets home and can retrieve my books from the attic!! My big ol' pregnant self can barely make it up the stairs much less a ladder! I hope to go through the documents again and make an analysis of everyone's statements. I will post if I find anything interesting!

Really enjoyed this and I agree!!
You take care, and as tempting as it is wait for hubby!:blowkiss:

EW did I read this right - George DROVE HOME in the car that smelled like decomp? Where are his clothes - they probably smell like death too after that

I am just wondering something. Aren't trunks air and water tight? Maybe the smell was not in the rest of the car or maybe not to the extent that it was a noticeable decomp smell. Maybe they didn't smell the decomp until they opened the trunk. Then it hit them in the face like a ton of bricks. Wasn't it the trunk the dogs hit on?

Hi all! ... Just got here today ... I did a quick search on this thread & the previous thread and didn't see any mention ...

First, did you notice how, during her "interrogation" at Universal, Casey kept speaking of Caylee in the past tense! ...esp. when talking about the park ...e.g., "she lovED" this or "likED" that, she "playED"... & then she turned it all around making it all about herself when she brought up Cindy not wanting her to jog anymore because a jogger had been killed in the area.

I also noticed something that made me remember a class that I took in law school Forensic Linguistics and Statement Analysis ... Criminals use certain words to "lesson" the actual meaning ...to distance themselves from the crime or omit personal pronouns to do the same thing (Cindy and Casey did a fair amount of this in their written statements and interviews) Casey frequently uses intensifiers, like the words "absolutely", "definitely", "truthfully" and "actually" ... liars use these words more often because they believe that they make deceptive statements sound "more truthful." Finally I noticed that, Casey, while under heavy pressure from detectives changes her way of speaking ... her very precise grammatically correct speech regresses ... e.g., "That's the last time I seen her." She uses "seen" instead of "saw" a lot ... but only at particularly stressful times ... almost like a transient Agrammatism ... makes me think mental illness is likely.

I can't wait 'til my hubby gets home and can retrieve my books from the attic!! My big ol' pregnant self can barely make it up the stairs much less a ladder! I hope to go through the documents again and make an analysis of everyone's statements. I will post if I find anything interesting!

That is very interesting! Please do let us know what you find. I too noticed the "SEEN" several times, as it was used incorrectly and was bugging the everlivin' out of me! LOL

Casey tells LE that the gas gauge was broken and that the car was showing 1/2 tank when it ran out of gas at the Amscott.

When George is with Mr. Birch at the tow yard, he notices the gauge is on E and then advises Mr. Birch he has a gas can in his car.

Why did George have a gas can? They told Greta the gauge was broken. Looks like it was working to me.

Also on Greta he or Cindy said that Casey had a friend look at the gas gauge and the friends was gonna fix it.

One Hooah Wife,

I love the information you gave w/r/t your law school Forensic Linguistics and Statement Analysis ---Thank you so very much!

I would love to hear more from you about this when you feel you have found other things pertaining to CA's or any one of the Players' speach patterns.

Yes, wait for your hubby!

Okay yall... now don't hurt me too bad... but I am still not convinced of G & C's involvement. :couch:
OK! Could you go back and reread the 400 pages again for homework...then compare those to the videos, articles, and various boards (including this one) that list their inconsistencies? LOL

I am just wondering something. Aren't trunks air and water tight? Maybe the smell was not in the rest of the car or maybe not to the extent that it was a noticeable decomp smell. Maybe they didn't smell the decomp until they opened the trunk. Then it hit them in the face like a ton of bricks. Wasn't it the trunk the dogs hit on?

My mind is on overload but I think they opened the trunk in the tow yard, so wouldn't the smell spread thoughout the car if they did.

The fact that Cindy, Casey and George all initially gave the date as June9th being the last time they saw Cindy is a big clue IMHO.
The date was wrong, and we know that now. The evidence on the video that the detectives found prove this without a shadow of a doubt.
All three of them using that date is more than odd. I believe that proves that they conspired together prior to the police being called to use that date.
JMO

SS---I would love to put the timeline on here is that possible? Do you know how to do it from that link? I tried all kinds of different things but to no avail. It's got a lot of info and it's really interesting. Thanks for any help!

But what would be the odds of Casey randomly finding her mother's MySpace page? Unless Cindy sent Casey a friend request, Casey wouldn't know her mom had a MySpace page. Even if she browsed, in my opinion, Casey would be looking for guys, not women her mother's age. I guess only those with MySpace pages know how it works exactly.

All she would have to do is send Casey a friend request or email her the link to her page. She could even have done the same thing with her friends. JMO

Yippee!:woohoo:
I'm so glad you're back and have studied Forensic Linguistics!! We talked about how to find someone who knows this field the other day and I hoped someone here could help. Fantastic.
I noticed several of these characteristics, too, and they seemed odd to me.
Thank you !!! Welcome back

The fact that Cindy, Casey and George all initially gave the date as June9th being the last time they saw Cindy is a big clue IMHO.
The date was wrong, and we know that now. The evidence on the video that the detectives found prove this without a shadow of a doubt.
All three of them using that date is more than odd. I believe that proves that they conspired together prior to the police being called to use that date.
JMO

I agree it was odd that they were focused on the 9th and then the video proved them all wrong.

Was it ever confirmed pavers went IN on July 4th? I thought that had been discounted.

From my recollection, Cindy claims they did the yard work on the July 4 w/e and a neighbor also reported the work being done. She also talked about moving the hibiscus and tool box around that time and gave a lengthy explanation about how they were worried Caylee could climb into the pool if left the way it was....she spoke a bit about this on her backyard tour with Greta. IMOO

But what would be the odds of Casey randomly finding her mother's MySpace page? Unless Cindy sent Casey a friend request, Casey wouldn't know her mom had a MySpace page. Even if she browsed, in my opinion, Casey would be looking for guys, not women her mother's age. I guess only those with MySpace pages know how it works exactly.

You can search by real name, screen name and email address for people's myspace pages.

Insome cars, under the trunk is a space for the spare tire. My question is does this car have that space? I am searching and can't find anything.
IMHO theory only...Could Caylee have been in that space when the car was picked up from the tow lot and taken back to the house? That is why the frantic search for KC? Just theory.
Here is the '98 Sunfire manual. Page 5-30 shows the spare tire comparment. It looks just big enough to hold the tire and the jack. You can't fit a full size tire in these compartments, so a person would have to be really tiny to fit in there.

Hope this link works
http://us.ard.yahoo.com/S=202320843...nuals/pontiac/1998_pontiac_sunfire_owners.pdf

My mind is on overload but I think they opened the trunk in the tow yard, so wouldn't the smell spread thoughout the car if they did.
The tow yard owner said he smelled it first when George opened the door then they opened the trunk. IIRC

But the aptment had been vacant since feb ,IIRC.
Here is a half wit theriy, what if casey just left Caylee at the starwell, and some physco came along and stold her.
Nothing would surpise me anymore.
I know that could not have happened ,unless she had some other body in her trunk.

I know it was vacant but if you believe Casey , which I don't, ZG lived in that apt. - This wasn't the first time she left Caylee there right? Why didn't she frantically bang on the door & look in the windows when ZG didn't answer the phone?

I have the same car. Trunks aren't airtight or water tight. Depending on how much fluid was in the trunk would depend on how strong the smell would be. It increases (decomp) odor. Fori nstance when I was working and would get that smell up my nose ( and vicks only helps a teeny bit) no matter how long I showered I felt like I could still smell it on me and on my uniform. In fact we always dumped our unis in the washer and ran the cycle like 3x. It just sticks with you. So yeah, you'd smell it in the car, even with the windows rolled down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LouTanner