Caylee Anthony General Discussion Thread #163

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the dumpster theory.......

They aren't that easy to get something into. The lid is heavy and the containter itself about 5 feet tail.

I am not sure what type Amscott used.

I am 5'5 and I would have to throw the trash overhand to get into the dumpser AFTER I had used both hands to open the top.

Just saying, it would not be a quick pull up, open lid, throw body and drive off type of deal.

IF this lid was closed! I see tons of dumpster with the lids open - makes it much easier, if that was the case. I get what you are saying, I'm short, too. But, the lid could have been open?!?

Ok, the cost of the gas, the cans and the broken lock on the shed has to be close to $50.

Actually for all that the estimate was between $100 and $120 depending if you use the itemized or the write up from the cop.

On 06/24/2008, at approximately 1037 hours, I responded to 4937 Hopespring Dr in reference to a burglary to a
structure (storage shed). Upon arrival, I met with the victim, George Anthony, who relayed the following:
On 06/22/2006, between approximately 1800 and 1000 hours 06/24/2008, unknown suspect(s) entered his
shed. This resulted in damage to the lock and the door The suspect(s) then removed the following items: 2 gas
cans with about $50.00 worth of gas in them.
The victim stated that the shed was secured and no one had permission to enter or remove property. The victim
estimated the total value of items taken to be $ 50.00 and the damage to be $ 50.00.
The victim gave a sworn written statement and wishes to testify and prosecute. The items stolen were not
entered into teletype as stolen due to the fact that the victim could not provide serial numbers for the items.
I examined the crime scene and found the following: The shed door and the lock to the door were damaged
and where the victim said his gas cans were is now empty. I attempted to dust for the presence of latent
fingerprints and did not any latents. I provided the victim with a victim's rights pamphlet and a case card. At this​
time, there have been no witnesses or suspects located.

Ok, the cost of the gas, the cans and the broken lock on the shed has to be close to $50.

But the value of the gas cans is listed as $20.00 on the report....its listed seperately from the value of the gas in the cans...
That's strange to me.

Not that I have ever heard.

What's weird is that when they (the grandparents together) went the 2nd time to pick up the car at the tow joint, GA accompanied the tow guy to get the car, the grandfather unlocked it and opened the door. He then noticed the gas gauge was at empty and told the tow operator he had a gas can in his car and had to go get it. He walked back to his car, got the can, came over and poured what was in it in the tank while apologized to the wrecker service owner for his wife's behavior.

This is all in the 400 page release - on mine, it's page 56. Question: does the grandfather always carry gas in a gas can in his car?

the dumpster in my daughters apt complex had a door on the side of it for people to put trash in.

Some also have flip top lids. and here some don't have lids at all- yuck!

What I am saying is, in the police report the two are clearly separated.
One is the cost of the cans, and one is the cost of the gas.

I have decided to go with the amount of gas that could have been in the cans. George can't spell, maybe he's bad at math too.

hmm... maybe she already had gas in the car when she started out (a full tank even?) and took the cans so she could go much further without going to a station. So we shouldn't necessarily calculate the amount in the cans = mileage. Or has this already been discussed?

But the value of the gas cans is listed as $20.00 on the report....its listed seperately from the value of the gas in the cans...
That's strange to me.

They were either 5 gallon cans or they were the most expensive 1.5 gallon and 2.5 gallon cans in the world.

the dumpster in my daughters apt complex had a door on the side of it for people to put trash in.

Yes, this is something I was going to point out also. The door is about chest high, or perhaps a bit higher.

I just said that was the area estimate that I have been working under. I wish it narrowed it down, I really do.

I'm right there with you. And I swear I wasn't being snarky with my answer. :blowkiss:

I'm surprised that Casey told Leonard Padilla to get out of her house! It gives us more a better glimpse of her personality.

They aren't that easy to get something into. The lid is heavy and the container itself about 5 feet tail.

People I have worked with over the years are guilty of leaving those lids up to make it easier to throw out the garbage throughout the day. Sometimes even propping the lids with sticks if they are the kind that dont open all the way over to the back...

Not according to the tow yard. Purse, yes. Keys, no.

Thanks - guess I need to go re-read the section in the docs relevant to this issue because I honestly thought the ignition key was left in the car either on the front seat or in her purse.

I'm right there with you. And I swear I wasn't being snarky with my answer. :blowkiss:

Oh, I know. I detected no snark. It just frustrates me that we are trying to put together a puzzle and we don't have any edge pieces. At least that's what it feels like to me sometimes.

What's weird is that when they (the grandparents together) went the 2nd time to pick up the car at the tow joint, GA accompanied the tow guy to get the car, the grandfather unlocked it and opened the door. He then noticed the gas gauge was at empty and told the tow operator he had a gas can in his car and had to go get it. He walked back to his car, got the can, came over and poured what was in it in the tank while apologized to the wrecker service owner for his wife's behavior.

This is all in the 400 page release - on mine, it's page 56. Question: does the grandfather always carry gas in a gas can in his car?

Maybe while getting the $477 in cash and being pretty ticked off they got ahold of Casey and asked about the car and she told them it needed gas. Cept there doesn't seem to be a call to her from them in her records that day. We may not have seen them all of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz