Caylee Anthony General Discussion Thread #77

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chilly Willy, thank you for posting how you truly loved your son. One of our sons, in his stupid teens, did something simliar, along with a friend. The two of them entered a summer hotel kitchen, and helped themselves to goody edibles in the wee hours of the morning, scaring the resident hotel-keepers.

We got a call from the local LE in the morning, and they were holding our son until the county LE came to get him. He was humiliated, and ashamed. But, while we could have "sweet-talked" him out (local clout, very small village), we didn't take that route.

He was taken to the county jail, and even thought we knew it was a weekend, we did "nothing" to get him released. We let him cool his 16 yr old heels until the local judge decided to hear his case. We did call a good friend lawyer, but made it clear that we wanted our son to learn up close and personal what a mess he had gotten himself into, and not to pull any strings for leniency.

It was a trivial offense, but we encouraged the lawyer dealing with him to lay it on thick, and we stayed away from "visitation" at the county jail, etc. He was released, since he wasn't a major danger to society, but we made sure he overheard our anxious "late-night" conversations about how we were going to come up with the money for his defense, etc.

He got the message, believe me. Became an upstanding citizen, and eventually enlisted in the military. Security police, and now in top-secret security employment.

The moral of all this? We have a few chances to let our teens know that there are consequences. If we protect them from these, we do not give them true love.

Love means letting go, not prolonging dependency.

I don't seem to be able to quote posts for some reason....?

JBean, thank you for posting that. It is very easy for any of us to look at this situation as observers and say we'd do this or that, but it's an entirely different situation when someone you love is involved. Obviously Casey has done something really horrific and her parents don't want to accept that. They love her and they probably will continue to love her regardless of the outcome of this case. That's what parents do, that's why even some serial killers get visits from their families in prison. Obviously the Casey who is responsible for whatever happened to Caylee is a difficult person to love, but the Anthony's image of what their daughter could have/should have been will forever be in their hearts. A person can't love their child one day and stop loving them the next.

When my son was in his mid-teens he and his friends stole a mini-bike. When I learned of it, I put him in the car and drove him right to the police station. They hand-cuffed him and put him in a jail cell right on the spot, to await arraignment. I cried my eyes out thinking of him scared and alone in that jail cell even though I was the one who took him in. I knew he'd done wrong but if someone had come up to me at that time and called my son a thief or made disparaging remarks about him I'd have punched their lights out.

BTW, my son is now a hardworking 25 year old man who buys his own toys and he's never been in trouble with the law since.

Cindy from the onset of the creation of Caylee's flyer where she specifically asked if any friends or family members were contacted by the press not to talk, has been very deliberate about not wanting anyone to talk to the media. Specifically, a poster on here said that she had contacted Patrick Bourgeouis after his visit to Casey specifically.

Suffice it to say I think she is an authority on the concept that there is no-one lining up to say anything to contradict what has already been put out there, so we can assume she is asking no-one to talk because they would not have anything positive to say.
Please refrain from giving me the Captain Obvious Award for today :)
That's just it, Cap'n. There may be one or two people out there who actually do like Casey, and it would benefit her for any one of these people to step forward in public and say "You know, she did a very nice thing for me blah blah blah." It would help offset the negativity.

Cindy's attempt to control the media perception of her daughter was a huge miscalculation. I doubt the public could have a worse opinion of her at this point given the limited knowlege we have of her.

IMO she has basically done 2 things right, she wrote that post on July 3rd on her blog that contained "her truth", she called 911 on her daughter and the inability to get to the truth of where Caylee is. Caylee is the victim, the rest of the world was old enough and smart enough to deal with Casey in a way to protect themselves. Obviously many chose to look the other way for far too long.

You don't know what she has or hasn't told the police so you can't possibly say what she has or hasn't done right. She's allowed detectives complete access to her home repeatedly, she's turned over evidence that they didn't even ask for, she's doing her best to support her daughter under the presumption of innocence while at the same time working with the police to find answers. She's stuck between a rock and a hard place and is obviously suffering emotionally. I just can't understand the hatred that is constantly directed toward this woman who has lost her granddaughter and stands to lose her daughter. It just floors me.

Cindy from the onset of the creation of Caylee's flyer where she specifically asked if any friends or family members were contacted by the press not to talk, has been very deliberate about not wanting anyone to talk to the media. Specifically, a poster on here said that she had contacted Patrick Bourgeouis after his visit to Casey specifically.

Suffice it to say I think she is an authority on the concept that there is no-one lining up to say anything to contradict what has already been put out there, so we can assume she is asking no-one to talk because they would not have anything positive to say.
Please refrain from giving me the Captain Obvious Award for today :)

:gold_crown:

You don't know what she has or hasn't told the police so you can't possibly say what she has or hasn't done right. She's allowed detectives complete access to her home repeatedly, she's turned over evidence that they didn't even ask for, she's doing her best to support her daughter under the presumption of innocence while at the same time working with the police to find answers. She's stuck between a rock and a hard place and is obviously suffering emotionally. I just can't understand the hatred that is constantly directed toward this woman who has lost her granddaughter and stands to lose her daughter. It just floors me.

Well at least you have an opinion as well. No need to hate those who have one different from you.

He's not a court appointed PD. Casey hired him, but we don't know who's paying him.
He could be a "conflict public defender." That's when the PD office has a conflict of some kind.

For the record, she was given a psych eval. Psych evals are very easy to beat if you don't want to admit that you have a problem. I have taken so many, I don't even get nervous about them anymore. I personally have never lied during one, but after having taken so many, I can see how they would be easy to beat. Especially if Casey has ever taken one in the past.

Yes, for many years I was able to come across as just fine .. to ALL psychiatrists and therapists. I'm very personable, very intelligent, can seem so very friendly and that there's nothing at all wrong.

I've fooled many a psych doctor, and sometimes was quite happy knowing I could. Not so anymore ... I grew up .. I realized I wanted help, I needed help, and am SO glad I did!

why did it take so long for the grandmother to remember those pants that she removed and washed?? And why on earth would she remove them if she thought something was wrong her husband being a ex cop you would think she knows better.

Really they should take the dogs to the nearest landfill where the garbage is and search there.

Lee has actually made that plea, saying that if anyone has Caylee to let her go and they can have him instead. Not as dramatic as some of the pleas that have been heard, but at least it's something.
A noble offer on his part, but the only problem is child abductors are that for a reason ~ they want the child, not a grown man. MOO

What did she do wrong in advising Casey's friends that they might be better off to avoid the media attention? :waitasec:
I'll tell you.

She's engineered a situation in which the only information about this case is coming from the family - who are covering up and dancing as fast as they can - and LE, which has a vested interest in making sure the public knows they're doing their job.

Assume for a minute that Casey is innocent, and is mentally ill.

There is not one positive statement that has been released about her to the media. From anyone. Not her own grandmother, Gigi. Not her childhood friends. Not her current best friend. No one.

Why is that? Oh yeah, Cindy asked them all not to talk.

In that sense, her attempt to protect her daughter isn't helping.

He could be a "conflict public defender." That's when the PD office has a conflict of some kind.

Interesting thought. Does anyone have an answer to this?

I agree... and for her to admit a diagnosis and start taking meds would have an impact on her case...

I don't think she's doing that at all...

I'm sure she loves having someone come talk to her about how she's feeling though

If she has BPD, she LOVES the attention from her lawyer!!!

She's eating it up .. . trust me, IF this is what she has.

Borderlines will do almost anything, to gain a man's attention, keep it and feel loved and admired.

It's not hatred, it's criticism in the light of what she has said vs what her daughter has done, words vs action. It's also a catch 22 that Cindy plays in blaming LE for not getting those items and cooperation sooner, however LE was trying to validate the pack of lies Casey told them.

But the other side of that is she has made inconsistent statements that have been recorded to the media, she has focused frustration inappropriately on the media and the authorities, and unfortunately, she doesn't exercise good restrain or judgement on what she says when she says it.

why did it take so long for the grandmother to remember those pants that she removed and washed?? And why on earth would she remove them if she thought something was wrong her husband being a ex cop you would think she knows better.

Really they should take the dogs to the nearest landfill where the garbage is and search there.

it did not take that long if you believe an interview I saw and I do believe her, she said she told LE the first night that she had washed the pants they did not at that time ask for the pants, she would be crazy to lie about this since LE knows if this is true or not

What makes you think I hate anybody? Where did that come from?

You brought up the word hatred, my opinion contains no hate towards the Anthony's. But you are floored by my opinion which in your view contains hatred. I never wrote a post about what YOU thought or your opinion only about Cindy's actions. I am not here to attack others opinions.

Thanks to all that answered about psychiatric care in jail. I hope that she will take advantage of the help. I suggest that it would help her work with others regarding Caylee as well.

5 milligrams is not very much. I am glad that it is working. Apparently the therapy was very beneficial to you.
I have more questions. I will post those on the your other thread.
Thanks!

Actually, with Lexapro 5 milligrams is much more than it sounds. 10 mgs. is the most common dose to start with. I have other health issues, so I had to start low.

Of course Casey could have put anything down for a retainer. But she doesn't have a pot to piss in, so how could she have retained him? Besides these type of cases take tons of time and that means he's probably not working on anything else. Not working=no income.

Wonder if that's where the $45,000 went?

:clap: I may not agree with everything she's said, or what she's done, but I still feel sorry for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DownlowDelivery