Caylee Anthony General Discussion Thread #80

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always thought that Blink had that as her sig line because people on these threads were always misspelling caylee's name. That was my take. I think people are reading too much into it.

I just didn't recall that being part of the story..it was the Anthony v/s Antony thing. I thought MAN DID I MISS ANOTHER Caylee siting LOL.

If decomposition scent is detected by Dr. Bass's "sniffer", that evidence, along with hairs in the trunk, blood evidence, etc. can be used in court to conjecture that "There must be a body even if we don't have a body".

While more difficult, there have been murder convictions using only this type of evidence.

I started to refer to it as the 'smelling machine', but I wasn't sure that is what they were talking about.
I have heard of this machine for at least a little while. Do you have more info on it, like is it still in the testing stages, and are the results of it accepted in court at this point?
Thanks,
Lanie

TY..Thought i was losing my mind...it keeps coming up but no-one seems to have proof....

For me this case would make a lot more sense if the keys in the car turned out to be a rumor.

I have been of the mind that on the 17th Casey obtained information about ZG from seeing her and her car at the Sawgrass apartments, then used the Sawgrass dumpster to dispose of the body on the 18th. The timeline + statements from Casey make this theory very plausible.

But then last night the conversation turned back to the abandoned car - and I got a little confused as it looked as if she started working on an "stolen car/abducted baby" defense and the "evil nanny" defense, but never bothered to complete either one of them.

I have it as 4:33 PM, made a chart for it, and will get around to studying it sometime.

According to the arrest affidavit, Tony Lazzaro claims he first learned of Casey's disappearance when detectives arrived at his apartment on the morning of July 16th, which is the same day Casey was arrested.

Wonder what the phone records show for that day.

Does anyone know what time of day Casey was arrested?

This is a good example of why many of us are picky about wanting links to info people post as facts. Either state it's your opinion or provide a link. It's really prevents everyone reposting a misfact over and over again. I'm not being bossy as I've made mistakes as well and once a misfact is out there, it lives on forever. We all need to be careful to verify our info before posting. Thanks!

SuziQ I remember seeing it as well,and took at as a (presumption)that was made.

Newbie (with a degree in Anthropology) here. I agree with this assessment.
Although I haven't had the opportunity to work with Dr. Bass at the Body Farm, I do know that his work is highly-respected in the court systems. While LE may have fluid/DNA/etc., they may be trying to gather enough other evidence to convict in the event an actual body is never found.

If decomposition scent is detected by Dr. Bass's "sniffer", that evidence, along with hairs in the trunk, blood evidence, etc. can be used in court to conjecture that "There must be a body even if we don't have a body".

While more difficult, there have been murder convictions using only this type of evidence.

makes sense.....no body needs strong evidence...

These are great points. First off she DID leave the keys in the car. And she left the car in front of a check cashing business. We know that she wanted that car to disappear.

Now about the sentence above that I have bolded. This is what gets me, and I can't imagine why I have never questioned it. I'm a guy - I absolutely cannot resist the urge to try to fix something. There is no way that any guy would just drive off with out lifting the hood, or going to pick up some gas, or something.

Last night we were all talking about the smell in the car and how strong or weak it might be and where it was located in the car. Today I parked right next to a late 90's model Pontiac Sunbird.

The car looks like a coupe, but in reality it is a hatchback - so there really isn't a solid separation from the trunk area - any strong odor in the trunk would permeate throughout the cabin area.

Sorry, but there's nothing I've read or heard saying that she ABSOLUTELY left her keys in the car and if there is, my apologies, and would you please provide me with a link/directiong to where I might read/hear this for myself?

Thanks in advance,
Chezhire

The local WESH station in Orlando is now reporting about a meeting this morning with the Anthony's at the sheriff's office. Now Cindy is saying that she has a babysitter's phone number but it has been disconnected. She also is now denying that the 16th was the last date anyone talked to Caylee. She says she believes HER mother may have talked to her during that period (Cindy's mom). HUH? Where did this come from?

Gang: Especially "Locals or those in Orlando": Greetings,

George makes mention of Caylee being seen at a "shopping mall" right on the county lines. Surely there must be an Outlet Strip or "Outlet Center" he's referring too.

Therefore, which of the cardinal points (NSWE) would he be referring to? I've been on the map now for daze, this one I need some assistance on.

Thanking you all in advance,

Leviosa :clap:

I've seen instances where, when a child has gone missing...and it is not major headline news...and the parent is not a "person of intrest" ...and no one has a clue if the child is dead or alive...that LE and the community literally join hands, form a line, and search fields,wooden areas, etc...so that no area is left uncovered

why not in this case??

Unfortunately, I think you answered your own question. In this case, the parent IS a person of interest and possibly one or both grandparents.

Posted on the Orlando Sentinal site at 3:50 EST today:

A motion to lower Casey Anthony's more than half-million dollar bond has been denied for a second time by the 5th District Court of Appeal in Daytona Beach.

Anthony's lawyers filed the motion late last week in an effort to seek a re-hearing for the 22-year-old Orlando woman who is a "person of interest" in her daughter's disappearance. The State Attorney's Office last week filed formal charges against Anthony for child neglect, a felony, and filing a false statement, a misdemeanor.

Full Story:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-casey-anthony-calee-081008,0,3560972.story

The local WESH station in Orlando is now reporting about a meeting this morning with the Anthony's at the sheriff's office. Now Cindy is saying that she has a babysitter's phone number but it has been disconnected. She also is now denying that the 16th was the last date anyone talked to Caylee. She says she believes HER mother may have talked to her during that period (Cindy's mom). HUH? Where did this come from?

http://www.wesh.com/news/17113783/detail.html

WTH!?!?! I just don't know how much more misinformation I can handle!!! And people wonder why we think George & Cindy aren't telling the whole truth?!?!

I have been trying to find a definitive answer to this on google, but am not finding what I am looking for. If the body was not otherwise injured (no open wounds), and the stain in the car was solely from the body decomposing they would be able to tell both that it came from a dead body and via DNA whose body? Is that correct? I keep finding forensic data that refers to blood stains but don't specify if that is from the cause of death and then tons of references of DNA testing done on decomposing tissue.

This air test is leading me to wonder if the stain would only reveal DNA and the air test would be how they would prove that a dead body was in the vehicle?

I'm pretty sure the tests can tell who's decomposing body it is. Not to be too graphic but it is the body's tissue that is decomposing. And I don't believe they are only testing the air b/c the physical results came back inconclusive. There were maggots in that car. And maggots don't go for pizza--they are drawn to decomposing flesh.

I was told by "Check Da Facts" last night that it was common knowledge and had been established a long time ago on WS - I do not have a link for verification - does anyone out there have a link to info about the Amscot?

I was in on that discussion (Thread #78) and I asked for a link and never got one. I've been reading sonce thread #40 and have never seen this "fact" anywhere, just a lot of WSers speculating the what ifs...

Yeah, I saw that- the Anthony's seemed almost cheerful. Like they got good news or felt encouraged. I'm so confused!

I think Cindy's mother might be as calendar challenged as the rest of them and also probably wants so badly to have/provide glimmer of hope.

For me this case would make a lot more sense if the keys in the car turned out to be a rumor.

I have been of the mind that on the 17th Casey obtained information about ZG from seeing her and her car at the Sawgrass apartments, then used the Sawgrass dumpster to dispose of the body on the 18th. The timeline + statements from Casey make this theory very plausible.

But then last night the conversation turned back to the abandoned car - and I got a little confused as it looked as if she started working on an "stolen car/abducted baby" defense and the "evil nanny" defense, but never bothered to complete either one of them.

My opinion is she didn't deliberately dump the car. I think it either broke down or ran out of gas, so she got it to the nearest parking lot, called her boyfriend, and then it became just like her child, out of sight, out of mind.
I also think she has just been playing this by ear. I have seen some other posters who seem to think this, too. IMO, Casey truly thought she would throw out this nanny kidnap story, everyone would buy into it, it would all be poor, poor Casey, and she would never have to answer for anything else. It probably blew her mind when LE took her to Universal and asked her to show them where she worked.
Lanie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member