Caylee has no representation :(

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe you're right, travelgal. Wonder if there is someone, like a victim's rights rep who could attend?

The prosecution is generally the voice of the victim, but I understand what you mean songline.

SHE HAS TO HAVE A PRESENCE IN HER BEHALF IN THAT COURT ROOM.
The Anthoneys are there to save Casey: I am not judjing.
I am looking out for Caylee...

I don't think her memory will fade, .....[snip]

I do ..... for the masses, sadly. Everyone has busy lives and in this economy with worries about mortgages, finances, jobs, education, health -- it is surprising how folks quickly move on with their lives.

Caylee is already lost in all of the hype and breaking news on KC. It is all about KC because she is still living and her future is un-resolved. If it wasn't for shows like NG how often do you think we'd see an image of Caylee rather than KC -- other than a case recap?

Once KC is resolved she should be forgotten but will be the subject of books, movies, all sorts of studies - both psychology and legal and forensics.

To me, sadly the victims get lost and mainly forgotten since it is the perp that lives on.

It is different for WS'ers and avid followers of the case but I was talking of the masses this touched for a time.

My confusion too JBean,,, I was unclear myself who had to be there in behalf of Caylee.

I still don't know what you mean I am sorry to say. It almost sounds like you mean a Guardian Ad Litem, but those are for living children.

What I mean is, what would they say in court and to whom would they say it? what rights (besides being murdered which is being dealt with) of caylee's are being violated and what would you like to see happen?

Don't you think she will have presence during trial? Is there no one in the courtroom for her now?

I think I get it.

Back some time ago we were discussing how no one seems to be interested in Caylee's rights and what's best for Caylee. I understand the state is representing her but their job is to prosecute KC. It seems that Caylee has been forgotten in all this bickering between the state and defense attorneys and all of KC's rights.
I think I know what you mean, normally when someone has been murdered their family is yelling loud and clear for people to remember the victim. This time it seems like Caylee's family would sweep the whole thing under the rug to protect KC. And that's not right.

I think we have two choices, leave it up to the state to prosecute KC and get justice for Caylee or find out about a victims advocate. I don't know how the advocate would work since Caylee is deceased but that is the only way I can see unless protesters start showing up at the court house but I don't see what that would benefit Caylee now.

ETA Oops there were only 4 posts when I started this!

GOOD POST....ANYBODY KNOW HOW THE VICTIMS ADVOCATE WORKS IN FLORIDA. I am in NY.

I do ..... for the masses, sadly. Everyone has busy lives and in this economy with worries about mortgages, finances, jobs, education, health -- it is surprising how folks quickly move on with their lives.

Caylee is already lost in all of the hype and breaking news on KC. It is all about KC because she is still living and her future is un-resolved. If it wasn't for shows like NG how often do you think we'd see an image of Caylee rather than KC -- other than a case recap?

Once KC is resolved she should be forgotten but will be the subject of books, movies, all sorts of studies - both psychology and legal and forensics.

To me, sadly the victims get lost and mainly forgotten since it is the perp that lives on.

It is different for WS'ers and avid followers of the case but I was talking of the masses this touched for a time.

I think you nailed it. Their lives have gotten in the way. It is the perp who is discussed and hashed over.

What can we do to make a difference for Caylee and all the beautiful babies like her? To keep what happened to Caylee alive in peoples minds.

I know...the courtroom seems a bit empty...her presence should be made known at each and every hearing. I remembered when the SA talked about the detectives on their hands and knees sifting through the dirt for bones and believe it was their way of letting the defense know what this is about...the loss of this precious child.

Don't you think she will have presence during trial? Is there no one in the courtroom for her now?

Caylee doesn't have a presence in the courtroom now! It's all about KC and
D R A M A. The arguing and ridiculous motions that JB brings up every week how often does he bring up Caylee in respect to she was a 2 y o baby who was murdered?

I think you nailed it. Their lives have gotten in the way. It is the perp who is discussed and hashed over.

What can we do to make a difference for Caylee and all the beautiful babies like her? To keep what happened to Caylee alive in peoples minds.
I'm a plane ride away otherwise I would be sitting in that courtroom with a "Remember Caylee" t-shirt.

Caylee's representation in the courtroom is the State's Attorney's prosecutors, OCSO, ME's office, FBI and FDLE. Caylee's representation outside of the courtroom is all of us!

I'm a plane ride away otherwise I would be sitting in that courtroom with a "Remember Caylee" t-shirt.

Me too. Depending on circumstances I'll make that trip for Caylee come Oct. if I know I'll have a seat where the jury and defense can see me. I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Caylee's representation in the courtroom is the State's Attorney's prosecutors, OCSO, ME's office, FBI and FDLE. Caylee's representation outside of the courtroom is all of us!

I understand this and that they must concentrate on prosecuting KC for Caylee to have some justice for her life being stolen from her, but it seems someone should be sitting there front and center for Caylee.

Ya got that right! :clap:

I think I get it.

Back some time ago we were discussing how no one seems to be interested in Caylee's rights and what's best for Caylee. I understand the state is representing her but their job is to prosecute KC. It seems that Caylee has been forgotten in all this bickering between the state and defense attorneys and all of KC's rights.

I think I know what you mean, normally when someone has been murdered their family is yelling loud and clear for people to remember the victim. This time it seems like Caylee's family would sweep the whole thing under the rug to protect KC. And that's not right.

I think we have two choices, leave it up to the state to prosecute KC and get justice for Caylee or find out about a victims advocate. I don't know how the advocate would work since Caylee is deceased but that is the only way I can see unless protesters start showing up at the court house but I don't see what that would benefit Caylee now.

ETA Oops there were only 4 posts when I started this!

Bolded by me.
Sadly, this is absolutely correct. No one is there to stand up for little Caylee. I mean, yes, the SA is prosecuting the case for Caylee, we all as bloggers support Caylee, and citizens of Orlando will no doubt attend the trial if they can, but there is no family there to show support or rememberance for her.Sad.

I would expect that during the trial there will be plenty of people packing the courtroom representing Caylee.
During the Samantha Runnion murder trial it was standing room only and not enough room for everyone to get in.

God willing and the creek don't rise............I plan to be there for Caylee.

I don't know much about the law, but I think I get what the original poster was asking. A child advocate to represent Caylee's interests. If I remember correctly, the Anna Nicole Smith custody issues with her baby girl...her daughter (Danielle?) was assigned an advocate to represent her in (Florida) court. Is this what you mean?

I thought I understood what you meant Songline (correct me if I'm wrong), I thought you meant basically, why are the Anthony's sitting behind KC instead of behind the prosecution? Who is sitting behind the prosecution on Caylee's behalf?
It's my impression the A family never fully felt like the LE were on Caylee's side because they expected much more of a search for a live Caylee in the beginning (at least from how it looked to them), and a broader investigation into everyone who was around Casey and Caylee, that they are still hanging onto hope that KC is not the murderer, as much as they fear the worst. I can only imagine how Caylee is in their every thought throughout all of this, regardless where they sit. The prosecution have their job to do and they are there doing it for Caylee, but the only two people in the courtroom missing Caylee like only grandparents could, are GA and CA. I can't even imagine their pain.
Gosh I am rambling, I should go to bed.
Whether KC is guilty or innocent, it would really be nice if a large picture of Caylee was on display at all times in every hearing, just so she can't be forgotten. I agree that the victims seem nearly forgotten at times due to the business of the legal process, etc. I would think the Anthonys would love to see her picture in the court room, too.
OK, I will go to bed now!
(One quick question for you all though. Can you tell me, who can actually attend a trial there, how do they decide who gets in?)

and thanks for the thread, Songline

You can look for me on the front row wearing this one.......LOL

phplV8StoPM.jpg

Geez I hope this is televised! :woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics