"Caylee Is Missing" Myspace Discussions

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever I buy something from a company that says : "percentage of profits donated to *advertiser censored* organization" I count on that. They expressly say WHICH organization the profits are donated toward. I've never, ever seen something vague like "SUCH AS". Blatantly ridiculous.

Well, bottom line. Anyone who ever gave one dime to these people are fools in my opinion. So be it. Then, now, in the future... fools.

They are asking for the money for the Tshirts and bracelets to be mailed to George!, Not to any trust fund!
Please mail your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and what you would like to purchase (shirt/bracelet) and size to George Anthony: cost $10

Not to be confused with helping any other missing child..the money is asked to go to him..
then it says..
Checks payable to: Help Find Caylee Marie Anthony
The Anthony Family
4937 Hopespring Dr.
Orlando, FL 32829

Not the Trust Fund...send it to the Family not the trustee..
I am sorry, I don't understand what is confusing about that?

OH wow!!!::eek:
Georgie needs some money

I think many of us (not me...lol) were thinking a kinder, gentler family will emerge after this and were praising the new attorney for making them look better. It is time for him to "jump" ship. This family is evil....they are the "Family of the Lie"

:banghead: I keep reading and torturing myself.

:curses:

This case is making me alcoholic. I need to stock up on booze for anyday now Cindy will return in full fury.

:drink:

sadly I miss her.....think we really need a doc dump.....:mad::waitasec:

I understand everyone's frustration. The Anthony's make horrible choices and are absolutely clueless with PR. Where are I differ from many of you is that I don't read malice into it. I don't see an intent to profit. If we want to say that no family of a missing or murdered child can draw a salary from the foundation founded in the memory of their child, there would be virtually no such foundations and the fact is that many of these do excellent work. Many of the family members who are held up as exemplary (Mark Klaas etc.) draw a salary from the foundation and there is nothing wrong with being paid for doing work on behalf of a cause. The Anthony's are not there yet and I'm not sure they will ever be, but if they are, I'm not going to condemn it. I just think they'd have a lot of emotional work to do before they get there and their cause may not be missing or murdered children but rather a mental health cause much further down the road.

Many of the family members who are held up as exemplary (Mark Klaas etc.) draw a salary from the foundation and there is nothing wrong with being paid for doing work on behalf of a cause.

*respectfully snipped
Even Mark has had nothing good to say about the Anthony's that I have heard.

I would even go as far to say Mark is a class act. The Anthony's have shown no such class.

Perhaps if they would have posted something such as this below, the situation would not warrant discussion, or at least it would have been a favorable discussion for the Anthony's.

New Myspace blog:
Due to recent events, we are no longer accepting donations or payment for the tshirts and bracelets we had made to help find our granddaughter. We would like to be able to help another family whom has a missing child or loved one by donating these shirts to them to do whatever they can to get the word out about their loved one. This is what Caylee would want us to do to pay forward what has been done for us. If you know of a way these tshirts can help another family, please email George and let him know.

Perhaps if they would have posted something such as this below, the situation would not warrant discussion, or at least it would have been a favorable discussion for the Anthony's.

New Myspace blog:
Due to recent events, we are no longer accepting donations or payment for the tshirts and bracelets we had made to help find our granddaughter. We would like to be able to help another family whom has a missing child or loved one by donating these shirts to them to do whatever they can to get the word out about their loved one. This is what Caylee would want us to do to pay forward what has been done for us. If you know of a way these tshirts can help another family, please email George and let him know.

:clap: I nominate you their new spokes person! Not that you would want the job. :crazy:

I understand everyone's frustration. The Anthony's make horrible choices and are absolutely clueless with PR. Where are I differ from many of you is that I don't read malice into it. I don't see an intent to profit. If we want to say that no family of a missing or murdered child can draw a salary from the foundation founded in the memory of their child, there would be virtually no such foundations and the fact is that many of these do excellent work. Many of the family members who are held up as exemplary (Mark Klaas etc.) draw a salary from the foundation and there is nothing wrong with being paid for doing work on behalf of a cause. The Anthony's are not there yet and I'm not sure they will ever be, but if they are, I'm not going to condemn it. I just think they'd have a lot of emotional work to do before they get there and their cause may not be missing or murdered children but rather a mental health cause much further down the road.

First of all, I should have stated that your post is well thought out and very gentle. I can tell you are a very nice person. I am a cynic, so bear with me. I am very aware that many parents have made a lot of money from donations for their tragic loss. Many never have to work again. Some do tremendous work and help others. We usually don't even think about it because we like them. We never ask about their salary...and it is huge in many cases. The president of these search, etc type of organizations can dictate their own salary and it is from donations. I realize this.

The fact that this family has a poor record of truth and a darn poor record of thankfulness to those who tried to help is making most who know this family not only frustrated but down right angry. Maybe they should solicit for their mental health services, not a bad idea Secret Squirrel...they may get more donations.

*respectfully snipped
Even Mark has had nothing good to say about the Anthony's that I have heard.

I would even go as far to say Mark is a class act. The Anthony's have shown no such class.

Bold by me:
He sure didn't...did he? I like Mark K. and would donate to his foundation any day of the week. Never did I or will I donate to the Anthony Frauds.

Let's call a spade a "spade" here. It is a SCAM!

I read the agreement. Everyone should. It is to benefit the Anthonys. period.

What ever happened to all the money they were going to return to the people who gave them money for burial?

:clap::furious::clap::furious::clap::furious:

Look, if Mark Klaas sold remaining "Find Polly" t-shirts, or the family of any other missing child did the same for the benefit of a foundation or what have you I think there would be equal outrage. The only difference is that this is a one of so to speak, and with that I will say that the Anthony family is unique, one might even say "unusual".

Let's call a spade a "spade" here. It is a SCAM!

I read the agreement. Everyone should. It is to benefit the Anthonys. period.

What ever happened to all the money they were going to return to the people who gave them money for burial?

:clap::furious::clap::furious::clap::furious:

New Myspace blog:

ITA!!!
:clap::clap::clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members