Caylee 'sighting' in Gainesville, FL grocery store

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This sounds to me like whoever thinks they saw Caylee actually called the police first. I'm glad people are actually paying attention even though I don't believe it was Caylee.
If you read it again, you will see that it makes no mention of inference that it was reported right away. It only says that the sighting was Saturday and they were investigating. Not that it was reported on Saturday or at the time of the sighting. ;)

If you read it again, you will see that it makes no mention of inference that it was reported right away. It only says that the sighting was Saturday and they were investigating. Not that it was reported on Saturday or at the time of the sighting. ;)

she said on gma that they got the tip sat night.

I'm glad they're paying attention too. I'm glad that they reported it, but I don't see any reason that it could not have been Caylee. Oh by the way for all you Murt fans. I was just on there and there was *advertiser censored* being shown. It wasn't just your everyday *advertiser censored* but included the cutting open of genitalia,and piercing with large rods, on both men and women. It shook me up pretty bad. I don't know that I believe that Murt would show something like that on purpose but it was very disturbing. Just thought I would let you know.
Murt's site has been hacked a few times over the weekend. Could still be a problem. However, Murt isn't at home so the computer he is using isn't his and other people have access.

Now...As far as this being a legitimate sighting of Caylee. The reason it could not have been Caylee is because she has been confirmed to be dead and her mother has been charged with her murder...because she is dead. I would say this is a very legitimate reason to doubt the child in the store was Caylee. :(

Another thing, someone doesn't wait around to call 911 and does not let a possible kidnapper out of their sight until LE arrives to check it out or they get a license plate number, description of the car, description of the perp, and other pertinent info. None of these things happened obviously. Why not?! Why call Cindy instead? Because...it is not Caylee and the report is bogus like every other fake sighting has been.

If I thought I had just seen a missing child with some people, I would call 911 and then stay on those people like decomp on carpet until local LE took over.

Caylee looks like 5 million other little girls out there, there are bound to be some very well intentioned sightings. LE is checking out the lead. They have to, otherwise the defense claims that LE did not investigate credible leads.

If LE does investigate the lead, then defense says - "even LE doesn't think she is dead, because they are still looking for a live Caylee".

The spin will continue. Meanwhile, Caylee is lost somewhere in the whole mess.

It is just a sad story all the way around.

Actually today's local news reported that Gainsville was investigating BUT OCSO was NOT investigating that they have all evidence that Caylee will NOT be found alive...(that is NOT what *I* am saying that came from the news....)

]There always "seems" to be a "sighting" when there is other big news or a search taking place never fails[/B].

That is the FIRST thing which crossed my mind.

It is the SAME OLE sighting thing, which always turns out the same.

I didn't say she thought it was Caylee, I said they DID go to Gainsville to view the tape. I said it in response to you saying she obviously didn't go searching.

WOW...........I am impressed.........they drove a WHOLE hour.

I guess I can't say they NEVER looked for her again can I?

I don't understand why they said they were waiting until today to be sure or find out more...then they spent the day going on GMA and Murt TV instead of being in Gainsville (sp?). WTH?! If they thought it may be her...why were they anywhere else?!

I don't understand why they said they were waiting until today to be sure or find out more...then they spent the day going on GMA and Murt TV instead of being in Gainsville (sp?). WTH?! If they thought it may be her...why were they anywhere else?!

Good point!
Also, it seems like there have been a number of people who say they have seen Caylee. I don't understand who is calling in these tips? Like, do they have a sincerely held belief they have really seen her? If I thought I saw Caylee Anthony or another high-profile missing child that I was able to recognize, I feel like I'd grab the child and call the police right then?? This is a serious thing. I don't understand people who make a call a little later or just call the Anthony's home phone?? Who are these people?!? Do they really believe they've seen her?

b/c they just wanted something to say when they went on TV. How could you go on gma w/o a new tip??? geez!! I would like for the info on the tips givin to them released just like the tips that LE released. Wonder who called the "tip" in?? Aren't these people usually interviewed? I hate the way she says "WE" get tips everyday...why are people calling the A's and not 911? Hmmm. Ya, there's an apparent sighting in Gainesville, but we'd rather mess with LP and Nejame all day. Like you wouldn't be glued to Gainsville! CA is so not getting an Oscar any time soon!

http://www.gainesville.com/article/...=GPD_probes_report_of_Caylee_Anthony_sighting

I didn't see this posted anywhere else.

IMO, what kind of a kidnapper/new parents/pedophile would bring Caylee to a local FL grocery store, knowing SOMEONE would recognize her. Just another false sighting, a waste of LE's time...

The kind of kidnapper who killed Shasta Groene's family and tortured, molested and murdered her brother. There was video tape of he and Shasta in a convenience store. Shasta was found at a waffle house type restaurant after a waitress and customer recognized her and called authorities. Shasta's picture was also plastered across national media.

So it does happen.

All that said, I do not believe in this "sighting". I believe Casey Anthony is a guilty as Hell and as cold as a Frigidaire in an Eskimo igloo.

Good point!
Also, it seems like there have been a number of people who say they have seen Caylee. I don't understand who is calling in these tips? Like, do they have a sincerely held belief they have really seen her? If I thought I saw Caylee Anthony or another high-profile missing child that I was able to recognize, I feel like I'd grab the child and call the police right then?? This is a serious thing. I don't understand people who make a call a little later or just call the Anthony's home phone?? Who are these people?!? Do they really believe they've seen her?
Exactly. We do know the tips that LE and the FBI have checked out turned out to be false sightings or simply bogus. As far as where they originate, that is a different matter entirely.

There are people wanting to insert themselves into a major case daily for various reasons. Altho, I believe since LE questioned people if the A fam or Baez contacted them before they did...they know the answers of where many originated. It certainly would not be the first case where wild sightings surfaced at convenient times and went straight to the defense team. LOL

Exactly. We do know the tips that LE and the FBI have checked out turned out to be false sightings or simply bogus. As far as where they originate, that is a different matter entirely.

There are people wanting to insert themselves into a major case daily for various reasons. Altho, I believe since LE questioned people if the A fam or Baez contacted them before they did...they know the answers of where many originated. It certainly would not be the first case where wild sightings surfaced at convenient times and went straight to the defense team. LOL

Yeah-- I guess it does make more sense if they are planted tips or sightings somehow related to the defense. I really hope random uninvolved parties aren't trying to get attention by creating false leads... I don't know-- a mess either way.

I probably need to research more...but when I saw they were to tape a Today show segment, and then on the same day go to Gainesville? My first thought that was that remote studio they used for the Today interview was possibly iN the Gainseville area...

Why go there when they could be at a studio right in Orlando? I bet they were in town all day long.

Wouldnl't it be amazing???
Wouldn't it be wonderful if Caylee...after all this time was found alive?
It would only be a miricle though...that's all it could be...
something you only see on TV...on your favorite soap opera, where they can kill people off only to have them come "back to life" months or years later...
unfortunatley this is reality...
and it will never happen for Caylee...
she's gone forever....
:(

It drives me mad when Cindy asks if it is a LIVE Caylee or a DEAD Caylee that they are searching for, as if these two beings are not one and the same. The same LIVE Caylee that they loved and were helping to raise is the same DEAD Caylee that LE has evidence of. There are not two Caylee's. There is ONE single Caylee, and she was ALIVE and now she is DEAD and it needs to be reconciled that these are one and the same Caylee. There is no LIVE Caylee anymore...there is only Caylee, and she is no longer living. OCSD closed the tip line. They would not do this if there was ANY hope. There is NO hope that a dead baby is going to become a live one again, especially after five long months. Caylee is gone and nobody is helping her family grieve and mourn and move through this and HEAL by feeding in to their fantasy that she is still alive.

The kind of kidnapper who killed Shasta Groene's family and tortured, molested and murdered her brother. There was video tape of he and Shasta in a convenience store. Shasta was found at a waffle house type restaurant after a waitress and customer recognized her and called authorities. Shasta's picture was also plastered across national media.

So it does happen.

All that said, I do not believe in this "sighting". I believe Casey Anthony is a guilty as Hell and as cold as a Frigidaire in an Eskimo igloo.
I missed Joseph Duncan and Shasta Groene in that convience store in Kellogg Idaho by a couple of hours. Im probably on that same videotape.
I would have recognized her even though at that time I thought she was dead.
Sadly though, in this case im certain Caylee is no longer with us.
I just Pray she is found.
I wonder if her mother lost her Soul or was born without one?

Actually they DID go to Gainsville to view the tape.

Going to Gainesville to do a purfunctory viewing of a tape is what they HAVE to do to save face. It's not because they believed the little girl is Caylee. If that were true, they would STILL be in Gainesville combing every street looking for her.

If the A's TRULY believe Caylee is alive, they would follow every single tip and lead.

They don't. They know. It's just a question of denial and when that will end.

Well, here's how I feel about the "sightings"...the Anthony's put a great deal of stock in the "number" of sightings there have been of children that look like Caylee. As in "look how many times she has been sighted".

She has not been "sighted".

She is dead.

I don't get it. Especially GA who KNOWS that she is no longer with us. This is a special brand of denial that is hurting everyone EVERYONE. There is an entire nation that is grieving for this little girl and the attention that is given to these "sightings" is perpetuating this denial.

end of rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members