Celebrity fashion thread - Lifestyles of the rich and famous.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
View attachment 182964

Met Gala is an annual fundraising party for the Costume Institute of the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC.

The event is held at the museum first Monday in May.

Each year a different theme for costumes.

Each year different cohosts to Anna Wintour of Vogue.

It is invitation only.

It’s grown into an extravaganza over the years with music, celebrity, fashion stars, dignitaries, and royalty joining the art crowd in NYC.

It raises a lot of money.

I wish Lana Del Rey had attended this year I really like her. I’m surprised Taylor Swift did not attend either.

I cannot believe that people wear these clothes. Why wear a light fixture on your head?? Celine Dion chose a bad outfit. She is too thin to be show-casing her legs. These people are scary.

I like Katy Perry but she looks absolutely ridiculous here and like General Electric was sponsoring her.

View attachment 182964

Met Gala is an annual fundraising party for the Costume Institute of the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC.

The event is held at the museum first Monday in May.

Each year a different theme for costumes.

Each year different cohosts to Anna Wintour of Vogue.

It is invitation only.

It’s grown into an extravaganza over the years with music, celebrity, fashion stars, dignitaries, and royalty joining the art crowd in NYC.

It raises a lot of money.

Thanks for that. I too had no idea what Met Gala actually is. Makes more sense now.

So these are costumes yes? Not something anyone would "normally" wear.

Sorry I'm really dumb in matters of fashion and why celebs wear what they wear :oops:o_O;)

Thanks for that. I too had no idea what Met Gala actually is. Makes more sense now.

So these are costumes yes? Not something anyone would "normally" wear.

Sorry I'm really dumb in matters of fashion and why celebs wear what they wear :oops:o_O;)
I wasn't all that familiar with it, either, just knew that it existed and folks wore strange stuff. Now that I know the story, I love that they have an opportunity to go all out for a good cause. I'm sure the designers and celebrities have a great deal of fun with it.

Here's a link to over 150 red carpet pictures.

2019 Met Gala: See all the stars on the red carpet

I used to dream about camping out at the Met.

I grew up close to NYC, studied art, and the Met was the place that connected history. It is the place where one could travel. It is by far my favorite museum in the states.

One of my favorite exhibitions was the instruments of renaissance art. Cork and lead, handmade paper...

Then there was egypt...

And the epic Van Gogh in the 80’s.

Costumes fashion history. We see this in all our entertainment.

Knowing the mission of the Met gives context to the glitz.

What it has become is the merging of history, fashion, art, music, and (ugh celebrity)...

But hey, it’s a one percent gala, and that’s the only thing supporting the arts theses days...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appleatcha
Back