Cell Phone Activity Discussion Thread #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 11:57pm went to the service center? I thought it actually called MW's phone?

That's correct about MT, assuming that was the same person. I'm not so sure though.

We don't know the answer to that. It's assumed that the call did not connect.

It seems that if you have Verizon you need to put in an access code to reach the vm. Therefore, I think the owner of the phone checked the vm's. I can't buy that SODDI happened to know the access code.

Also, the last vm check came minutes before JI returned home. Wow, that's timing it pretty good for SODDI with the phones.

And, if SODDI had the phones, why would he let any call he was expecting to go vm? I would assume the phones would be on him, easily within reach.
But it is stated as ATTEMPTED to access voice mail. No code needed to attempt to access at all.

It seems that if you have Verizon you need to put in an access code to reach the vm. Therefore, I think the owner of the phone checked the vm's. I can't buy that SODDI happened to know the access code.

Also, the last vm check came minutes before JI returned home. Wow, that's timing it pretty good for SODDI with the phones.

And, if SODDI had the phones, why would he let any call he was expecting to go vm? I would assume the phones would be on him, easily within reach.

jumping off your post kind of. no link for this (i have been searching) but i read on here that calls to voicemail on Verizon will show up as 00000086 (or something similar) on the phone/billing records, regardless of whether or not the person actually dialed *86 or accessed the voicemail through another feature, such as an icon on the home screen or through the contact list. i will be doing more research on this by way of a genius techie person i know, i'll report back if i can verify. unless that is common knowledge lol, i have just been wondering.

From the search warrant:

"Detectives obtained consent to search the house beginning on October 4, 2011. Detectives and crime scene personnel searched the home for any evidence of a child or evidence to support abduction of a child. Crime scene personnel recovered items from the home, but due to the initial info provided by the family, the only areas extensively processed for DNA and fingerprints during the consent were the baby's bedroom and possible points of entry.

Interviews with Jeremy Irwin and Deborah Bradley... revealed the baby was missing along with three cell phones. Law enforcement searched the home and located a cell phone in the bottom drawer of the computer desk. It was later determined that the cell phone in the drawer was not one of the missing phones in question. The three reported missing cell phones have not been located and would provide additional evidence.

Investigative interviews with the people involved revealed conflicting information for clear direction in the investigation."

After reading this, I'm not sure if there are three missing cell phones at all. It might be either one or two. But it also leads me to believe that DB may not have told LE the phones were missing until they calmed down enough for an interview. Whether that was in the wee hours of the morning on the 4th or later in the day, or at the police station or the home, we don't know.

From the search warrant:

"Detectives obtained consent to search the house beginning on October 4, 2011. Detectives and crime scene personnel searched the home for any evidence of a child or evidence to support abduction of a child. Crime scene personnel recovered items from the home, but due to the initial info provided by the family, the only areas extensively processed for fingerprints during the consent were the baby's bedroom and possible points of entry.

Interviews with Jeremy Irwin and Deborah Bradley... revealed the baby was missing along with three cell phones. Law enforcement searched the home and located a cell phone in the bottom drawer of the computer desk. It was later determined that the cell phone in the drawer was not one of the missing phones in question. The three reported missing cell phones have not been located and would provide additional evidence.

Investigative interviews with the people involved revealed conflicting information for clear direction in the investigation."

After reading this, I'm not sure if there are three missing cell phones at all. It might be either one or two. But it also leads me to believe that DB may not have told LE the phones were missing until they calmed down enough for an interview. Whether that was in the wee hours of the morning on the 4th or later in the day, or at the police station or the home, we don't know.
This states in the search warrant that there are 3 missing cell phones. But I agree, WE don't know when the phones were revealed but it was definitely while LE had possession of the house as it was revealed publicly during that time. No question about that.

From the search warrant:

"Detectives obtained consent to search the house beginning on October 4, 2011. Detectives and crime scene personnel searched the home for any evidence of a child or evidence to support abduction of a child. Crime scene personnel recovered items from the home, but due to the initial info provided by the family, the only areas extensively processed for fingerprints during the consent were the baby's bedroom and possible points of entry.

BBM
What makes you say that? They state that three cell phones were missing and have not been located.

Instead of so much focus on why an intruder would try and access VM, why not focus on why MW's number was dialed.

I posted on the theory thread in the middle of November. Since then, my thoughts have not changed much, except that I am more leaning to DB involvement now. On that thread, I said that I believed Jersey had those phones. I still believe that. Whether he stole the phones or whether he acquired them by finding them after they had been thrown away, I don't know.

My theory is that the missing cells phones are not related to missing BL. That probably sounds weird to most, but so be it.

Jersey having those cell phones, calling MW at midnight, going out and setting a fire locally, then coming back to wherever in the area he is squatting and playing around with the phone until the battery went dead. We know he doesn't have his own phone, because MW said he gave out her number to reach him. He is likely not adept at how to use some cell phones. That is not surprising to me at all, because I only use my new cell phone for emergency. Believe me when I say that I have accidentally accessed voice mail when I pushed a button I didn't understand. I have made a lot of mistakes on my cell phone and still don't understand how to use it.

It is a fact that a call was attempted to MW. MW, whom I do believe, does not know DB. There is no reason for DB to be calling that number. Therefore, until someone comes up with one, I have to say DB is not the caller on those cell phones, either the one at midnight or the ones at 3am.

due to the initial info provided by the family, the only areas extensively processed for fingerprints during the consent were the baby's bedroom and possible points of entry.

Wow, they could have missed a lot of stuff those early days.

BBM
What makes you say that? They state that three cell phones were missing and have not been located.

I was just thinking out loud... because it says the phone in the drawer was "later determined" not to be one of the missing phones. At the date the search warrant was drafted, police were still calling the missing phones "reported" missing phones.

I've always wondered why the family would have three phones. One for J and one for D would seem to suffice.

I was just thinking out loud... because it says the phone in the drawer was "later determined" not to be one of the missing phones. At the date the search warrant was drafted, police were still calling the missing phones "reported" missing phones.

I've always wondered why the family would have three phones. One for J and one for D would seem to suffice.
Of the 3, one was not working, as in broke. A replacement phone was given for the broken phone. That makes 3 phones with only 2 that were going to be used by DB/JI. The one in the drawer doesn't surprise me as I have 2 obsolete phones in a drawer that the kids loved to play with as "their" phones.

This states in the search warrant that there are 3 missing cell phones. But I agree, WE don't know when the phones were revealed but it was definitely while LE had possession of the house as it was revealed publicly during that time. No question about that.

The phones still could have been hidden in the home though. Metal detectors weren't used until the 6th or 7th or so. Just to clear up any confusion, I'm bringing this up because I theorize that DB made the calls and vm checks, then stashed the phones until she had more time and opportunity to get rid of them.

From the search warrant:

bbm

This is very telling to me, the people involved "jeremy & deborah" gave conflicting stories of what happened.

I'd love to know what was meant by 'attempt' when talking about the vm's. Was a code actually put in (don't know if they can tell that from logs) and then went to a service is not available msg? Could it not even access the code portion?

Maybe he was checking if he got any "You unusual person, bring back the baby and the phone, now!" messages. It could be handy to know if your crime has been detected. Likewise for the internet search, trying to see if he was featured on any news sites?

What I don't understand is, why did he try to use just the one phone? The second might have been too broken to use but what about the third one?

Hmmmmm... that's something to think about. Say the kidnapper was either dumb or drugged (or both?). He snatched the baby thinking that he could get a ransom? Then realized that he didn't leave any phones behind or that they didn't work? But then, what happened to the baby? Why, if he sobered up and realized what he had done, would he have not taken the baby to the FD or church or hospital? (I know, but I don't want to think about it.)

http://www.kmbc.com/video/29383532/detail.html

In this video the way it is reported is that jermy's sister told the reporter that the "police" took their cellphones.

I am wondering if the reporter misunderstood what the Aunt (jeremy's sister) meant when using the word "they" she could have meant that the intruder took the cell phones. I hope this makes sense. lol

If that is the case then it would/could be true that LE knew about the phones from day one.

The date on this video is October 6th, but I believe it was published online the next morning after this interview that I believe took place on the night of October 5th.

This is the first mention of cell phones made public that I can find.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0Lmy0Q5U_k"]Baby Lisa's Parents Take Questions From Reporters - YouTube[/ame] (embedding disabled, copy/paste to watch you youtube)
Mention of phones: 3:22
Reporter asks about phones: 4:43

I think it could be possible that whoever had the phones wanted to check the VM to see if there was a message from Jeremy. When was he going to get home.?
We know the phones were never more than 1/3 a mile from home. So could whoever be close by? Watching, waiting, ....for what I'm not certain.
I think the call to MW at 11:57 could have been an attempt to implicate Jersey, ...if he wasdn't involved.
I believe that if Lisa was abducted it was by someone that knows them, or was watching them, knows the neighborhood & things going on around there.

http://www.kmbc.com/video/29383532/detail.html

In this video the way it is reported is that jermy's sister told the reporter that the "police" took their cellphones.

I am wondering if the reporter misunderstood what the Aunt (jeremy's sister) meant when using the word "they" she could have meant that the intruder took the cell phones. I hope this makes sense. lol

If that is the case then it would/could be true that LE knew about the phones from day one.
I would say this very well could be a reporter misunderstanding who "they" were. I still stand by the very actions of what I observed in the very first hours by LE on the 4th that LE knew about the phones on day 1. What they were doing and where all they were looking in the very first hours, made sense once the phones came into public knowledge.

I wonder, if a battery was removed from a cell phone that is in the "turned off" state and that phone # then had it's recorded pulled would it show that the batteries had been removed. just curious

So 5 hours in they knew, so it's obvious by that report LE knew right away.

I too suspected they knew right away based on where they were searching.

I was listening to Independence on the scanner last night and they were tracking a cell phone of a guy that went into a local burger joint displaying a gun. Assuming someone there knew this perp and they gave LE the cell number.

I believe LE can track cell phones based on the severity of a crime with a simple phone call. This is about the 3rd time I've heard Independence PD track a cell phone in the past 6 months. I heard another incident about a year or so ago when they did this too.

It has me wondering if phones were still pinging at that time, or if they were basing their searches off of the last known place of ping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx