Cell Phone Activity Timeline as of 11/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't Debbie and Jeremy just release they're own phone records or would LE not want them too? Seems like it would make life easier on them all if they just got the records and even if they couldn't release them to the media couldn't they're lawyer just read off them? I know I can print mine off line if I need them for something, why would it have taken a meeting with the FBI for they attorney to know who they called?

Since they don't have the phones, I think the LE has to get a court order to get the records.

So either:
1) Both DB and JI knew that the phones without service could still dial 911 (smart, i would say)
2) It is not true, there was no attempt to look for the phones to dial 911 and DB is not telling the truth about that
KWIM?

If my husband woke me up at 4AM and told me my baby was missing the last thing I'm going to think about is that my phone service has just been turned off. When you are in a panic, those things just don't register until later. Now if the service had been off for several days that would be different. We don't know that DB even knew at 4AM that the service had been cut off that afternoon. She could have found out when JI told her later that he had tried to call home.

If someone attempted a call on a restricted phone (disconnected service) and the call went to provider message center, their phone records, accessible to them, wouldn't necessarily (and apparently per BS DIDN'T) show it. The FBI have far more detailed info about the what was attempted on the phone that night, including where it pinged. Per the lawyers (and the only reason I believe their entire scenario) it pinged within a 1/3 mile radius. If the lawyer were lying about anything, I would think they would lie about this distance as it puts the phones so close...

People would research the cell tower distance. They can't get away with an outright lie. They are much sneakier than that.

They will minimize or stretch the truth as far as they can, always playing within the parameters. DT gave us the maximum. Did you notice how they even described how far away...by mentioning "River banks". That was subtle messaging..visual. They were planting seeds in our brains and taking us on a journey AWAY from the house. When you heard those words from JP, your mind created the image of distance. Immediately people start looking at the furthest point from the house.

Couldn't Debbie and Jeremy just release they're own phone records or would LE not want them too? Seems like it would make life easier on them all if they just got the records and even if they couldn't release them to the media couldn't they're lawyer just read off them? I know I can print mine off line if I need them for something, why would it have taken a meeting with the FBI for they attorney to know who they called?

DB and JI could easily get their own phone records. Those records would only show calls that went through, not those attempted. The FBI is only one who could get the ping and attempt records. JMO

Sure do Hopeful...

...and to top it off, JI has a phone in his pocket. Electricians always have phones. It's like a cop with a badge, FGS!

I bet we are going to hear he arrived home earlier then around 4:00. I think they are fudging on the time...and the search for the phones.

Don't they have video of him at Starbucks as to when he was actually at the store? I think LE have a pretty good idea when he left from a) the video b) coworkers.

I understand people want to drag JI into this but as far as his whereabouts that night, he's got a pretty tight alibi.

My understanding is that BS has seen NONE of the info from LE - just the lawyers, who met with FBI on Nov.1'st for 3 hours. BS only saw the monthly bills (I guess you could call them?) and he said that his 'sources' went through them extensively for a year to ensure that MW's # was never called or received. MW's # also did not appear on ANY of the records that he had. Does that include the last bill? He certainly made it sound that way, stating that there would be a reason for it not to show up. I'll def. agree with spin on his interview, but all in all it made sense to me. :)

I haven't heard anything about BS being in the FBI meeting with JT and John P. I'm assuming BS has seen the phone records since those would be available to DB and JI. The ping and other phone info were only available through the FBI meeting.

You guys might be right. I may have read too much into what BS was saying so far as which records he had. He may have had just the call records and the only information regarding the cell tower ('ping') data came from the FBI's Power Point presentation.

And I would bet that LE called the phones long before DB and JI would have even thought to call them. LE called MW's phone as soon as they got call log info and set up a sting, is that correct?

I'm thinking along those lines.

I agree... I would think LE would have called those phones immediately upon arrival. That makes me wonder if they did. If they did and phones were for sure restricted, LE would have known that detail right then, no question. IMO:twocents:

ETA... We are talking about LE calling the "stolen" phones, right? lol

If someone attempted a call on a restricted phone (disconnected service) and the call went to provider message center, their phone records, accessible to them, wouldn't necessarily (and apparently per BS DIDN'T) show it. The FBI have far more detailed info about the what was attempted on the phone that night, including where it pinged. Per the lawyers (and the only reason I believe their entire scenario) it pinged within a 1/3 mile radius. If the lawyer were lying about anything, I would think they would lie about this distance as it puts the phones so close...

I agree. I don't think attorneys would go on National TV and lie about specifics that the FBI told them in a specific meeting. If the attorneys had talked about getting general info from LE, then I would be more inclined to believe they spun things in their favor.

People would research the cell tower distance. They can't get away with an outright lie. They are much sneakier than that.

They will minimize or stretch the truth as far as they can, always playing within the parameters. DT gave us the maximum. Did you notice how they even described how far away...by mentioning "River banks". That was subtle messaging..visual. They were planting seeds in our brains and taking us on a journey AWAY from the house. When you heard those words from JP, your mind created the image of distance. Immediately people start looking at the furthest point from the house.

An outright lie would include telling us the call was at 11:57pm, attempting to access voice mail at 3? and 3?, accessing the net up to 5 times, that they met with the FBI for 3 hours on Nov. 1st, that the FBI showed them this information and so on...if it wasn't true, or if it was 'spin' as some believe, then it would be an outright lie ~ so, if they wouldn't outright lie, what they told us was truth and not spin.

To be perfectly honest, my mind didn't travel anywhere near the river when I heard that ~ and it refuses to go there

I'm thinking it might have been part of a deal to have the brothers re-interviewed. Just MOO.

But it was the FBI that had the brothers re-interviewed. If we are to believe that the FBI and the police are working hand in hand (which I'm sure they are), then why didn't police know that the FBI had already interviewed Dane? That's where I'm hung up. Maybe it's just more police secrecy, which I completely respect... :innocent:

An outright lie would include telling us the call was at 11:57pm, attempting to access voice mail at 3? and 3?, accessing the net up to 5 times, that they met with the FBI for 3 hours on Nov. 1st, that the FBI showed them this information and so on...if it wasn't true, or if it was 'spin' as some believe, then it would be an outright lie ~ so, if they wouldn't outright lie, what they told us was truth and not spin.

To be perfectly honest, my mind didn't travel anywhere near the river when I heard that ~ and it refuses to go there

And I was thinking there must be a contest to see who can use the word "spin" the most in a 24 hour period today. :blushing: :waitasec:

Okay, I can't imagine DB "not caring" if other things were taken. That is not her MO..imo. She said, she doesn't know and doesn't care because she wanted to make sure she appeared to have ONLY lisa's best interest. OR it could be she was told not to mention other items...but DB is a chatterbox and would spill.

So, were there other items missing or not? How did this shotgun story evolve? I had a difficult time imagining he took the cellphones and a baby...now, they want to plant how dangerous this guy is and he took shotguns?? BMAFB!!

I don't think "he" took shotguns. I think they were seen on the home tour after the LE search (warrant one). I think, think, think. I'd have to go back and look. I'm trying to catch up here, but if I come across it as I'm looking around I'll post the link for the tour. jmo

So either:
1) Both DB and JI knew that the phones without service could still dial 911 (smart, i would say)
2) It is not true, there was no attempt to look for the phones to dial 911 and DB is not telling the truth about that
KWIM?

Could JI have left his work phone locked inside his work vehicle and not taken it inside the house with him? And that's why they looked for their personal cell phones first?

I agree... I would think LE would have called those phones immediately upon arrival. That makes me wonder if they did. If they did and phones were for sure restricted, LE would have known that detail right then, no question. IMO:twocents:

ETA... We are talking about LE calling the "stolen" phones, right? lol

From ZDNET.com:
The FBI appears to have begun using a novel form of electronic surveillance in criminal investigations: remotely activating a mobile phone's microphone and using it to eavesdrop on nearby conversations."

Since the FBI was called in to early in the case, I wonder if they turned on the missing phones microphones and listened? I love all this new technology.

I'm kind of answering my own question with this post but thought I'd share...

I found the following quote in this article (by Isabelle Zehnder):

What’s baffling is that on Nov. 11, Kansas City Police spokesman Steve Young, who says he’s the voice for both the KCPD and FBI, said the family’s New York-based defense lawyer, Joe Tacopina, and New York-based private investigator, “Wild” Bill Stanton, had not been given any information from police, and that they were not allowed to review any part of their files or FBI files. He also said they [Tacopina, Stanton] have provided no useful information to police.

I'm assuming this means they shared none of the phone records with the parent's legal team. All they got was an informal Power Point presentation.

One of the phones (DB's) was broken, the speaker/mic wasn't functioning correctly. Her grandfather gave her one of his old phones the day before. The service to (presumably) DB's & JI's phone was restricted effective midday October 3. It is assumed, alluded to, rumored that DB was transferring numbers from her broken phone & JI's restricted phone to the phone her grandfather gave her and it is assumed, alluded to, rumored that she would then be moving her sim card over and using that phone.

Thank you...:takeabow: :lol:

yes, i have read that. Over and over. But the question is, and has been, did DB/ JI know that? Did Verizon tell them earlier that day when they lost their coverage, "oh, but you can call 911". I certainly wouldnt know that. In fact, i bought a landline phone last week to plug in in case of an emergency and if my cell phone was dead. But got no dial tone. Dont have that option in my area unless i subscribe, i just learned. So did they both just KNOW that?

It's pretty common knowledge for some. :twocents:

Thanks for that info. I know here in Canada you can buy a phone and as long as it is charged, you can call 911. I have a friend who bought cheap phones for her kids, just for that reason...with no plan at all on it.

I think that is a great idea!! :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member