Cell Phone, Location and Mapping the Route

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was Brantford Graphics. I found a less than MSM article online claiming that the former location of BGI was the place the phone was "allegedly" discovered. However, as it was vacant it has also been put forward as a command post for the search. Either way, I have pinned it on my map as a location of interest.

I think the cell phone was purposefully left where it was to place distance between it and where Tim's body would be disposed of. To force police to search in that specific area for Tim when he would not be there. JMO

It was Brantford Graphics. I found a less than MSM article online claiming that the former location of BGI was the place the phone was "allegedly" discovered. However, as it was vacant it has also been put forward as a command post for the search. Either way, I have pinned it on my map as a location of interest.

There is a person of interest (to me in my sleuthing)connected to Brantford Electronics (or similarly named).

Just as there are persons of interest (to my sleuthing) re: <modsnip> (very close to TB's home) . is BGI now vacant? (no longer there?)

I don't think they put that much thought into it, I think they threw it out of a window to make sure it could not possibly provide GPS tracking of their location.

I don't think they put that much thought into it, I think they threw it out of a window to make sure it could not possibly provide GPS tracking of their location.

I have to agree with this, I don't think they put much thought into any of this, let alone the cell phone. If they were smart (which clearly they're not, or they'd have never been caught so quickly) they would have kept the phone with them and destroyed it (after removing the battery).

I think I'm more inclined to believe they pulled in somewhere, all freaked out over what they just did and when they did the phone fell out and none of them even realized it. Maybe TB had it in his pocket and during a struggle it fell to the floor near the door - door gets opened - they're already sketched out since they or at least one of them just killed him - they're probably yelling back and forth at/to each other - maybe the yet unknown #3 guy pulls up too... in all that commotion it would be easy to not hear or notice the phone fall out of the truck. The only thing is, I don't know if it's been confirmed if the battery was taken out, or the phone just turned off? I do know with many phones if they land just right on a hard surface (and they're not covered with an impact case) the force of the impact could indeed pop the back off and the battery would come right out.

Just thinking outloud.

Here you go my dear, you were not hallucinating:

"Earlier in the investigation, there were five police officers assigned to review 30 security video tapes that captured images of Bosma's truck on May 6, the night he was abducted. Kavanagh said the officers were able to plot out three possible routes the truck took that night. He has also said he believes Bosma was killed that night."

http://news.ca.msn.com/ontario/hamilton/clairmont-no-id-yet-of-two-other-suspects-in-bosma-murder

Thanks, Snooper, I knew that was not a figment of my imagination!

I am SO glad they had 30 video tapes to review.

Ontario Mom, I think the wording that was used in the first official LE presser that discussed the phone was that it was "turned off" soon after leaving the house.

I don't think I've seen the word "battery" used in anything official. Someone correct me if wrong.

The case I am reminded of is Whitney Heichel--her neighbor abducted, raped and killed her. He panicked and turned off and tossed her phone, probably out of a car window. The phone (an iPhone) survived the impact, and some kids found it and turned it back on.

Ontario Mom, I think the wording that was used in the first official LE presser that discussed the phone was that it was "turned off" soon after leaving the house.

I don't think I've seen the word "battery" used in anything official. Someone correct me if wrong.

The case I am reminded of is Whitney Heichel--her neighbor abducted, raped and killed her. He panicked and turned off and tossed her phone, probably out of a car window. The phone (an iPhone) survived the impact, and some kids found it and turned it back on.

You're right, anything to do with the battery is STRICTLY RUMOR

There is a person of interest (to me in my sleuthing)connected to Brantford Electronics (or similarly named).

Just as there are persons of interest (to my sleuthing) re: <modsnip> (very close to TB's home) . is BGI now vacant? (no longer there?)

BGI built a new building in the new industrial area which opened in April of this year, so yes the old building near Paris would have been vacant, but probably still had utilities and therefore made a great location for a command post.

Did BGI used to be Called Brantford Graphics or Brantford Electronics ??

As for 'Brantford Electronics', I'm pretty sure there used to be a "Brant Electronics" located in downtown Brantford years ago, but they closed up and all of those buildings were torn down a few years ago.

Thanks, Snooper, I knew that was not a figment of my imagination!

I am SO glad they had 30 video tapes to review.

At the May 10th presser, LE asked businesses in Brantford to check their surveillance footage from May 6th between 9:30 pm and 10:30 pm.

I wonder why they were so specific with 10:30 being the end time. Did they have footage or other evidence of TB's truck leaving Brantford at/after that time?

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2558212-video-tim-bosma-police-press-conference/ (@1:00 mark)

I was giving some thought tonight about the timeline, and something occurred to me that I don't think anyone has thought of before.

According to the news conference Q&A session on May 10th, TB's cell phone was turned off 'shortly after 10 pm'.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QQvNrsjgBk"]Hamilton Police Press Conference - Update on Tim Bosma (missing person) for May 10, 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

Going from memory (can't find exact links) TB and the accused left TB's home at approx 9:20. So the phone was shut off about 40 minutes after.

Now...if your spouse went out on a test drive, how long would it be before you got a little worried? 5 min? 15 min? 30? 40?

My answer was 30. But 40 would also be an expected amount of time. Anyway, I was just thinking that perhaps the accused didn't realize of forgot that TB had a cell phone on him, and shortly after 10, SB called TB to find out where he was..(or maybe someone else called).

The accused are surprised by the ringing phone, panic, turn it off in a hurry and chuck it out the window.

Just a theory, but certainly plausible imo.

I was giving some thought tonight about the timeline, and something occurred to me that I don't think anyone has thought of before.

According to the news conference Q&A session on May 10th, TB's cell phone was turned off 'shortly after 10 pm'.

Hamilton Police Press Conference - Update on Tim Bosma (missing person) for May 10, 2013 - YouTube

Going from memory (can't find exact links) TB and the accused left TB's home at approx 9:20. So the phone was shut off about 40 minutes after.

Now...if your spouse went out on a test drive, how long would it be before you got a little worried? 5 min? 15 min? 30? 40?

My answer was 30. But 40 would also be an expected amount of time. Anyway, I was just thinking that perhaps the accused didn't realize of forgot that TB had a cell phone on him, and shortly after 10, SB called TB to find out where he was..(or maybe someone else called).

The accused are surprised by the ringing phone, panic, turn it off in a hurry and chuck it out the window.

Actually, this is very plausible.

I was giving some thought tonight about the timeline, and something occurred to me that I don't think anyone has thought about before... <snip>

Nice thinking. When the trial finally gets here, we'll need a thread called , "I guessed it right!" :blushing:

Does anyone have any theories on how the phone was found so quickly? I think that there was a witness.

Phones just tend to get found, there are joggers, bikers, kids, people walking their dogs. It's not like it was absolutely in the middle of nowhere. I do think, and always have, that they ditched the phone intentionally, like Whitney Heichel's killer, and that they probably just tossed it out a window.

Phones just tend to get found, there are joggers, bikers, kids, people walking their dogs. It's not like it was absolutely in the middle of nowhere. I do think, and always have, that they ditched the phone intentionally, like Whitney Heichel's killer, and that they probably just tossed it out a window.

You could be right. The same tendency to react, rather than think and plan, seems consistent with the whole monsterous affair.

Nice thinking. When the trial finally gets here, we'll need a thread called , "I guessed it right!" :blushing:

Does anyone have any theories on how the phone was found so quickly? I think that there was a witness.

Do we actually know where the phone was found for sure? I think I've read the parking lot of the hotel, in which case it makes total sense why it was found so quickly. It doesn't make sense as to why it would be there though.

Now if it was actually at the end of that dead end street, there is a walking/biking path entrance there. And it appears on google maps that people perhaps park their cars in that dead end circle and then get on the path. Maybe to walk their dogs? Or jog? If that is where it was found, it also makes sense that someone out for a walk on a designated walking path would find it fairly quickly.

MOO

Do we actually know where the phone was found for sure? I think I've read the parking lot of the hotel, in which case it makes total sense why it was found so quickly. It doesn't make sense as to why it would be there though.

Now if it was actually at the end of that dead end street, there is a walking/biking path entrance there. And it appears on google maps that people perhaps park their cars in that dead end circle and then get on the path. Maybe to walk their dogs? Or jog? If that is where it was found, it also makes sense that someone out for a walk on a designated walking path would find it fairly quickly.

MOO

Police found it ... according to The Star ... at the end of an industrial complex.

http://read.thestar.com/#!/article/518d21577b1eac980b16fece

Depending on the phone capability and carrier, the phone movement could be traced along almost the exact route.

Much would depend on were it was physically when it was turned off and if that model can be pinged, ping or keep it's location internally while being turned off and if the battery was removed.

If the route is roughly known from the above circumstances, it would likely be possible with the phone, the carrier, their records and the wifi locations along the rough route to get an exact route.

Capture.jpg

The route I used was from TB's on Trinity, then West on Wilson, North on Brant ave to Paris, Keg to Ayr to Roseville, right on Roseville to farm.

Towers and wifi should give an idea. IMO, as I said, dependent on how TB's phone works along with recovered video along the same route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kezzx