Cell phone use banned for teen drivers

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The problem with this is it's so hard to enforce. The police would have their hands tied. Besides, if they are going to ban it, they might as well make the penalty for it severe enough so people will take it seriously. NY has a hands-free law, yet I see 50 people each day yapping away on their phones not giving a care to those around them.

The problem with this is it's so hard to enforce.
I agree!

The police would have their hands tied. Besides, if they are going to ban it, they might as well make the penalty for it severe enough so people will take it seriously.
Agree again........LOL!

I'll tell you another distracting item, your dash Navigator.......try programming that and watching it while driving.

Or women putting make-up on while driving. I was almost hit by one the other day drifted into my lane.

The problem with this is it's so hard to enforce. The police would have their hands tied. Besides, if they are going to ban it, they might as well make the penalty for it severe enough so people will take it seriously. NY has a hands-free law, yet I see 50 people each day yapping away on their phones not giving a care to those around them.

I can't tell you all how many times I've almost been hit by someone not paying attention and the driver is ALWAYS on the phone.

I say outlaw using your cellphone while driving to EVERYONE.

If my cell rings while I'm driving I won't even attempt to answer it - whomever it is can wait.

This is a bit off topic .... but people and cell phones are starting to drive me crazy! Using them during work hours,blocking the stairwells with people talking on their cells while on break. I don't know about the men's room,but in the lady's room they are in the stalls having conversations!

I can go on ... but I guess I should start a new thread on this ... sorry for going off topic.

I love the new law Arnold is trying to bring in!

After the carload of girls were killed recently when the driver was texting.
I think it has to end. ( she crossed the road into a mack truck)
Four girls lost their life, because of that message.
Its just worth some simple message to loose even one life.

I think making it for a certain age group does make it harder to enforce. How do you gauge a person's age by looking at them? It's going to get darned annoying for those young looking 20 somethings who keep getting pulled over, and a lot of older looking 17yos will get away with it. It will only be enforced when there is an accident or moving violation, IMHO.

I know they have the "hands free" law in NY, and it is pretty well enforced where my cousins live. One cousin has been ticketed 3 times! :doh: And it's not cheap. You'd think she'd learn.

I'd be curious to see what kind of statistics there are on accident reduction since that law took effect. I have read that talking on a hands-free device is more distracting than having a conversation or listening to the radio, but I really don't get why. When I am talking with someone in my car I am much more likely to glance at them. When I am listening to the radio I admit to changing the station or adjusting the volume. What makes the cell phone different?

Riding with my kids? Forgetaboutit! They are the ultimate distraction, even belted in the back seat.

After the carload of girls were killed recently when the driver was texting.
I think it has to end. ( she crossed the road into a mack truck)
Four girls lost their life, because of that message.
Its just worth some simple message to loose even one life.
Sunny...I haven't seen you in a while...:blowkiss: where ya been?

I hope every state in this country agrees to and enforces this law. I too have nearly been sideswiped I don't know how many times by people driving while either talking on the cell phone or text messaging. Makes me livid!

.....Using them during work hours,blocking the stairwells with people talking on their cells while on break. I don't know about the men's room,but in the lady's room they are in the stalls having conversations!....

I've never understood this phenomenom either. I'm incapable of talking on a cell phone in a public place. I'm way too private a person to want anyone hearing my phone conversations - even if they're totally boring!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaastrichtDetective
Back