Cesar Laurean's Trial

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Next up Special Agent Chip .SBI.Computer Crimes Unit.

Attended crime scene.Google map of Richlands introduced as evidence.

The agent is explaining, via a google map exhibit, a description of the area where the crime scene was. It was a mix of farm type land and houses. I think he meant larger type lots.

He's also explaining the roads around and how to get to base and the city, etc.

fran

PS...he's using a green, (I think),. laser light for his illustration.

Is prosecution setting up a connection for the google maps for how they deducted where to search for Maria?
To clarify.....Did Maria google the maps on Daniels computer?

Same o, same o.........

drag the victim through the dirt!

grrrr
fran
:mad:

Well I don't think that is the case Fran especially in this case. The jury just cant go from what happened January 11th on when Maria's body was found. They must know the mind set of the defendant and the victim to determine what happened and why.

McNeil is using evidence to prove her credibility. Like he said even her own mother called Maria a pathological liar. I am sure he will introduce that email when she testifies.

And it seems they have no evidence that Maria was lured to his home but went willingly.

IMO

I'm not sure. I can hardly hear them when they're not by the mics.

It sounds like he's just explaining the directions and possible destinations of roads leading from the crime scene.

I don't know, it seems they're trying to establish why Maria ended up at that house? or how HE escaped or why he ended up where he did?

fran

I don't think it should matter one whit on WHY she was there. Nothing she said, or did, deserves being killed and placed in a pit and set on fire. <edited because I'm not sure I remember correctly>

Is prosecution setting up a connection for the google maps for how they deducted where to search for Maria?
To clarify.....Did Maria google the maps on Daniels computer?

Now that is a great question.

I think they are just giving an overview map of where the location is.

I am sure Sheriff Brown will testify that he found Maria's body.

IMO

At the end there, it sounded like he was trying to establish how many homes in that area had fire-pits or if there were any others in the area mapped? :mad:

fran

I don't think it should matter one whit on WHY she was there. Nothing she said, or did, deserves being killed and placed in a pit and set on fire. <edited because I'm not sure I remember correctly>

But it does snowshuze. The jury must have a overall view of what happened and that question has been asked more than any other question on the MB sites. So of course the jury is going to question it also.

What it may show though is it was not a premeditated act but a crime of passion erupting from a highly heated argument that ensued when she came to his home.

IMO

Did anyone catch SA Chip's last name? I'm trying to keep up with who has testified. I made a copy of the potential witness list so I'm keeping notes of who each witness is and what the contribute (or not) to the trial.

Did anyone catch SA Chip's last name? I'm trying to keep up with who has testified. I made a copy of the potential witness list so I'm keeping notes of who each witness is and what the contribute (or not) to the trial.
Hyram something.

Shuze you do recall correctly about the friends being over for a barbacoa. It was just rumored but I don't know if it was ever proven that the barbacoa actually happened. IMO

Yep that is it Hiram Jr. Thanks Snowshuze!!

Darn I didn't Top but on another site I read this is the man that is running uncontested for Dewey's office since Dewey is going to retire.

IMO

Recess! Looks as if this trial will move at a snails pace.

I agree that Laurean is sitting there looking as if he is not worried at all. Kind of detached, actually.

I have waited so long for this trial that I am going to watch every single second of it. This video and sound may not be great, but at least there are no commercial interruptions!

Justice is on the way!

But it does snowshuze. The jury must have a overall view of what happened and that question has been asked more than any other question on the MB sites. So of course the jury is going to question it also.

What it may show though is it was not a premeditated act but a crime of passion erupting from a highly heated argument that ensued when she came to his home.

IMO
Respectfully..... I think the pit burning part disqualifies the Crime of Passion theory.

ETA: Daggone it. I'm smacking myself for not reviewing. I could argue better if I could recall details. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
telecrushxx