WA Charlotte Drozd, 16, missing from Seattle 10-5-24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

ErinC

Reaction score

Charlotte Drozd, 16, went missing from Seattle on 10/5/24. She was last seen on the monorail near the Space Needle. In a twist that may or may not be related, Charlotte is the daughter of Flaming Lips guitarist Steven Drozd. She was accompanying him on the band's current tour when she disappeared.

Last seen on the monorail.

The 16-year-old daughter of the band’s instrumentalist went missing on Saturday, Oct. 5, around 11:30 a.m. in Seattle, Washington, near the Space Needle. Charlotte, whose nickname is Bowie, was last seen on the monorail near the Seattle landmark, Seattle Police Department confirms with PEOPLE.

Fyi, the monorail really has only two stops/the two endpoints -- by the Space Needle and Westlake Center Mall which is at Pine and 5th in downtown.

I wonder if she was on the monorail heading to downtown?

Eta: You can see the route here, the blue line from near the top left to the bottom right.
Screenshot_20241007_212133_Maps.jpg

OCT 7, 2024
  • Charlotte went missing after the band performed in Seattle on Friday night where they opened for the band Weezer at Climate Pledge Arena.
  • The arena is located near the Space Needle.
  • Charlotte's nickname is "Bowie."
  • Per Seattle PD, she was last seen Saturday at 11:30 a.m. in the 400 block of Broad St by the needle.
  • Her father posted on X, that she was last seen at the same time on the monorail.
  • The Flaming Lips also posted on X that she was possibly headed downtown.
MISSING: Charlotte, 16 y/o, WF, 5’9”, 140lbs, brown eyes and long brown hair. Wearing khaki color shorts and pink shoes. Last seen Saturday 10-5-24 at 11:30 a.m., in the 400 block of Broad Street by the Space Needle. pic.twitter.com/ZtqaC8M13C

— Seattle Police Department (@SeattlePD) October 6, 2024

Adding as a lifelong local until recently:

I went to college at the base of the space needle in 2014, at the time the area was so desolate that even as a lifelong seattlite who lived in a worse area, my dad made me call a car to take me to Westlake 1 mile away. This was in the evening, not during the day when Charlotte was last seen. Now that Amazon has moved into the area and tourism is up again, the area between Seattle Center and Westlake is much much busier and nicer during the day. But still, there are random desolate alleys that can be uncomfortable to walk down during the day. I worked in the area in recent years and always felt safe but that's a recent development.

The areas she would have last been at - Seattle Center and Westlake - are nearly shoulder-to-shoulder busy with tourists during the weekends with nice weather. There are also tons of cameras everywhere.

If you end up lost, it's really easy to follow the monorail back to Westlake - it's above ground the entire way.

So she got off at Westlake, very sketchy in the middle of the night but very busy and safe during the day.

Very true. On the plus side, it's a centrally located area with lots of traffic cameras and security cameras on buildings and businesses so hopefully LE will be able to spot her after reviewing camera footage.

Very true. On the plus side, it's a centrally located area with lots of traffic cameras and security cameras on building and businesses so hopefully LE will be able to spot her after reviewing camera footage.
and IIRC from other instances, there are cameras ON every single monorail car and a ticket purchase required - paper trail.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back